Sign in to follow this  
mellowred

Pick list is great - But any ideas on how to track what has sold?

mellowred    10
mellowred

I have posted this before and received no response - so here's hoping :).

Any advice on a quick way to track which items have been sold and which to relist?

I have a problem in that I have a lot of one-off items and can't rely on my memory too well these days :(.

I export the sales list and the unsuccessful listings to excel, spend time redoing the layout, and then check off what has been sold and relist the non sold items. My main problem is that the unsuccessful items appear over and over and a lot of time is wasted deleting the duplicates.

I can cope with this now as I only have just on 100 items - BUT what to do if I have the whole shop (1,500++ items) up :eek:.

Thanks

Mandy

SoulTrader    10
SoulTrader

I've bumped the last one, Mandy. Let's hope we both learn something. ;)

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi All

When you set up your items and you get to the "Automatic Relisting" (Under "Select Listing Duration & Relist Options"), select the option that says "Relist what is not sold" and set it for 10 times. The item will relist until it is sold. When it is sold, it will automatically be removed.

1111445_100203183006_capture2.jpg

For those that aren't sold, follow this method:

After that go through your open listings regularly, depending on how many you have and what the duration is, and look for when the number of relists goes down to 2 (that's what I use). Edit those that are still unsold back to 10 relists.

1111445_100203183106_capture3.jpg

1111445_100203183203_capture4.jpg

If you use this method, you'll never lose a listing.:)

SoulTrader    10
SoulTrader

Thanks, Tananka.

This certainly looks foolproof, but isn't there a cost each time you re-list?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

No, only if you're using any of the enhanced functions, if it's an ordinary relist, there's no extra cost, only when the item sells.

wayjen    10
wayjen

I asked Johan today if they would look at giving us our own completed re-listing function, in other words, a function that only has items that have finished their final re-listings. I think with this function it would make it easier to track all our items.

mellowred    10
mellowred
I asked Johan today if they would look at giving us our own completed re-listing function, in other words, a function that only has items that have finished their final re-listings. I think with this function it would make it easier to track all our items.

What would help is if we were able to move the duplicates to another holding area.

Hi Tananka, thanks for the info, however I don't like to re-list over and over again - when I get going I'd like to list in batches.

Perhaps I wrong about this, but do people get bored seeing the same things all the time?