Cali Craft and Gems

Buyer manipulating seller

Cali Craft and Gems

Scenario: Buyer places order in early December 2018 and selects "SAPO registered shipping". Buyer messages seller demanding that the parcel be sent "Postnet to Postnet" despite this NOT being a shipping option. Seller informs buyer that this is NOT an option and buyer then instructs seller to send parcel via SAPO but to address it to her Postnet branch. Duly done, parcel sealed, addressed accordingly and photographed to show that the parcel was addressed as per buyer's instructions.

Buyer contacts seller in January complaining that she has not received her parcel. Seller tracks parcel and notifies buyer that the parcel has been awaiting collection at her post office since 18 December and that she must please go and collect her parcel. Buyer does not collect parcel and it is returned to the seller.

Seller collects parcel and informs buyer that the parcel has been returned due to non-collection. Buyer jumps off the rails and demands that the seller send the parcel to her "at the seller's expense" Postnet to Postnet as the seller apparently refused to follow her original requests. Buyer then demands that the seller refund her in full as she flat out refuses to pay for shipping!

Seller is driven almost to the point of insanity with a stream of emails from the buyer demanding this and that so eventually hands the matter over to bidorbuy.

Bidorbuy emails the seller claiming that the seller must resend the parcel at the seller's expense as the seller sent the parcel via SAPO after the buyer had selected the Postnet option! Seller emails bidorbuy with a copy of the order (highlighting the selected shipping method being "SAPO registered shipping") asking where on the order does it show that the buyer selected Postnet.

Bidorbuy then replies stating that despite the seller's terms and conditions stating "NO REFUNDS" that the seller must refund the buyer in full as the buyer "cannot afford the shipping" - this despite the buyer making several very high value purchases this past week alone. The buyer then communicates with me demanding that I either send the parcel at my expense or refund her in full. Am I stupid or a total idiot, or what?

Since when does the seller just have to lay down to be kicked and manipulated? Bidorbuy stated in one of their emails that the buyer is definitely in the wrong by not collecting the parcel, but the seller is being penalised? PS. The buyer refused protective packaging (box) for the item in the first place so what if the item is damaged in any way? (the parcel has not been opened)

What now?

Cali Craft and Gems

Correction - buyer placed order in NOVEMBER 2018 and not December!

AFRICELL

That is nothing. A buyer buys a phone from me in beginning OCT, breaks it and Bidorbuy is now wanting to blacklist me and share my personal details with him because i will not refund him and receive a completely broken phone back.

Cali Craft and Gems

Bidorbuy is now threatening me personally (will take action against my account) as refusing to be bullied and manipulated by the buyer and by bidorbuy is apparently unacceptable behaviour of a seller!!!

As a seller, do I not have the right to adhere to my listed terms and conditions that the buyer accepted in FULL when they confirmed the order?

The buyer has admitted fault 100% for not collecting the parcel, but now bidorbuy says that I absolutely MUST either resend at my expense or refund the buyer in full!?!?!? The buyer apparently "cannot afford" shipping, but can continuously buy high priced items? If the buyer was not buying anything at all, or had a list a mile long of non-payment ratings, I could understand, but this is blatant lies!

The buyer eventually told me on Friday where to go and stick the parcel and the refund, and demanded that I have zero contact with her - I complied, now bidorbuy is trying to force me to go against this?

I have asked bidorbuy via the ticketing system numerous times for someone high up (Jaco / Johan / or whoever is in charge since Cuan left) to contact me VIA EMAIL, and for NO calls to be made, yet these requests are being ignored and my phone rings regularly.

Is it me that is getting more stupid by the day or what? Since when is simple English not being understood (and bidorbuy is not the only company giving me grey hairs at present)! At least I am hoping that maybe, just maybe, I can get hold of someone who can actually get things done CORRECTLY without resorting to bully tactics and threats!

Little Miss Muffet

We are all just numbers handled by a call center.

Oops!! we are call girls😄😀

Cali Craft and Gems

I spoke to someone "high up" in the security division and was told that the way this matter is being handled is not correct as I, the seller, have done nothing wrong! I will be phoning the office again to see what is going on as I am getting conflicting messages / instructions from different people!

PS. my account is still restricted despite being told that this is not allowed!

Little Miss Muffet

I have never.ever had a buyer insist I pay the postage when he/she has failed to collect the parcel .

I never will.ever pay the postage either.

Cali Craft and Gems

Buyer is "too broke" to afford the postage thus insisting that I pay. Bidorbuy (or at least the person dealing with the ticket) insists that I must either pay for the shipping or refund the "poor buyer" in full... this despite the buyer still making high value purchases!

Sorry, but I refuse to be taken for a fool! If bidorbuy insists on breaking their own rules / terms and conditions, then I have only two choices - either stop using bidorbuy entirely (and I have been here for about 13 years) or I take matters further legally. They have NO reason to restrict my account as in their own words, I have done NOTHING wrong!

If this continues, they are opening themselves up to major trouble - and not just from me!

Cali Craft and Gems

I should have given this topic the title of "bidorbuy manipulating seller" as they are trying to blackmail me into all sorts of things which are against not only their policies and terms and conditions, but also against the seller's T&C's and the law!

I refunded the buyer less "reasonable fees" including success fees, final order value fees, restocking fees, plus fees for fuel (post office to fetch unclaimed parcel and to the bank for the refund), phone calls (25 minutes to BoB), and just R1 per page for about (now) 67 emails! The buyer responded saying "thank you" and that she considered the case closed... BUT bidorbuy is still pushing for me to pay more despite acknowledging that the buyer is 100% at fault! My account is still restricted as well.

According to their T&C's, points 5.1.3, 5.1.5 and 10.4 are all relevant - including the point where the SELLER has the sole discretion whether to refund or exchange any item!

The saga continues...

Serthentia Sales

I would contact Wendy Knowler from Consumer Watch. She does alot of this type of intervention when a person is being treated totally unfairly in a transaction and is an expert consumer journalist (she is unbias whether you are the seller or a buyer, only looking at who is right in the situation and who is wrong). She runs columns in many top newspapers as well as does radio spots. You can contact her at consumer@knowler.co.za. I am certain she will take Bid or Buy to the docks for this type of behaviour that we all have been experiencing in the past year or so.

• Like 1

Little Miss Muffet

It is about time Bidorbuy upped their game when it comes to sellers and buyers who give Bidorbuy a bad reputation.

I wish I had known about this consumer journalist a few months back when I was treated unfairly by a defaulting buyer,

who has opened accounts in friends names, to cover her defaulting then being a blatant,revengeful lier.

Makes me sick.

Cali Craft and Gems

I have sought legal advice and bidorbuy are 100% in the wrong and should be held accountable for their actions (or in my case, non-action as they have not lifted the restriction on my account nor have they bothered responding to any of my correspondence).

I will be taking this further!

bankster21

First time I received notification of multiple orders on my phone,  I was ecstatic. 5 buy nows within a few hours of listing my high value item. When I logged into my bidorbuy account a took a closer look my heart just sank when i saw that 3 users with no rating placed all those orders. I only received payment for 1 item, my item was prematurely closed due to the limited quantity placed and my ehancement fees totalling R175 weren't refunded or waived. I gave one of the new users a negative rating and they did a revenge rating and learned my lesson.

Now, whenever I receive multiple orders I just get *&#$@

Edited by bankster21

bankster21

First time I received notification of multiple orders on my phone,  I was ecstatic. 7 buy nows within a day of listing my high value item. When I logged into my bidorbuy account  and took a closer look my heart just sank; 3 users with no ratings placed all those orders. I only received payment for 1 item, my item was prematurely closed due to the limited quantity placed and my enhancement fees totalling R175 weren't refunded or waived. I gave one of the new users a negative rating and they did a revenge rating and learned my lesson.

I honestly wish Bidorbuy could give sellers more authority on our accounts. If this means charging a fee, then this can be discussed. New users are ruining my ability to maintain a profit.

All Music

Hi Bankster21 I don't see any recent negative ratings on your profile so maybe you have resolved the issue with bob but anyhow revenge ratings should not be tolerated and bob should be expected to delete any such ratings you get if you ask them to do so.

Cali Craft and Gems

BoB won't step in and remove negative ratings from a buyer to a seller as the buyer is always protected even when they are 100% in the wrong! Been there, done that, have the ratings to prove it!

I currently have someone having a hissy fit as she doesn't like the item she bought - and in the mean time she has called me every name under the sun as I told her that the refund policy applies if she changed her mind about the order. She wants a replacement, and a refund, and for me to send the replacement at my cost plus to pay for the "piece of ***" to be collected. She has been insulting me and our items for days - and it all started a few weeks ago when she offered to pay me less than cost for the item which I declined politely!

Ag... perhaps it's time to put something stronger in the coffee and to let her have her tantrum without me reacting. What do you think?

TradeRouteAuctions
8 hours ago, Cali Craft and Gems said:

BoB won't step in and remove negative ratings from a buyer to a seller as the buyer is always protected even when they are 100% in the wrong! Been there, done that, have the ratings to prove it!

I currently have someone having a hissy fit as she doesn't like the item she bought - and in the mean time she has called me every name under the sun as I told her that the refund policy applies if she changed her mind about the order. She wants a replacement, and a refund, and for me to send the replacement at my cost plus to pay for the "piece of ***" to be collected. She has been insulting me and our items for days - and it all started a few weeks ago when she offered to pay me less than cost for the item which I declined politely!

Ag... perhaps it's time to put something stronger in the coffee and to let her have her tantrum without me reacting. What do you think?

There are a few ODD buyers out there. I have been through same situation few times. You can notice they are the ones who ask too many questions sometimes after auction ended.

I will gladly ignore them even if losing by refunding, and focusing that time on constructive new things whereby we can make more money instead of wasting time writing back and forth.

kimbo11
On 12/5/2019 at 12:37 PM, Cali Craft and Gems said:

Wait until the buyer tells you , you disabled because God punished you for the bad service you are giving, that is after you jumped through every hoop for them

It is like BoB just don't give a rats ass, as long as they are making money, but they don't understand we as sellers put the money in their pocket, we try to make a living in this bad economic climate and BoB is just making it more and more difficult for the seller to list new things because of things like this, i been with BoB since 2002 and this is becoming very bad now

Edited by kimbo11