Sign in to follow this  
Little Miss Muffet

Royal Signatures

Little Miss Muffet

Am I going to laugh all the way to the bank:D or not;)

Along with this came am mbe medal---miniatures thou

BumbleBee

Wow, that looks like a great piece of history! Although I have no clue what I'm looking at.

Have you been to the bank yet? What did they say when they saw you laughing?

Little Miss Muffet
Wow, that looks like a great piece of history! Although I have no clue what I'm looking at.

Have you been to the bank yet? What did they say when they saw you laughing?

Waiting for a price. I think admin are the best people to ask because their heads will be spinning with Commission !! Commission!! (jokes)

Have no clue to value--well some!!

Gecko Coins

Hi

Can you please tell us what the document says, I cannot make out what it says on the picture. Are the medals related to the document? Can you load up some pics of the medals as well?

Thanks

Little Miss Muffet

A little busy--will do so a little later

Little Miss Muffet
Hi

Can you please tell us what the document says, I cannot make out what it says on the picture. Are the medals related to the document? Can you load up some pics of the medals as well?

Thanks

GEORGE THE SIXTH by the grace of *** of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions ...........etc etc and sovereign of the British empire to our trusty and well beloved ---Name of person(dont want to disclose this here)---Acting engineer lieutenant --commander in our royal navy reserve retired.

Whereas we have thought fit to nominate and appoint you to be an additional member of the military division of our said most excellant order of the British Empire............

etc.

Given at our court at Saint James under our sign manual and the seal of our said order (seal is on document top left but difficult to photograph under glass)

this eighth day of June 1944 in the eighth year of our reign

Signed by Queen May and George V1 as per previous photo's.

I am not sure if the medals are part of it. The left minature is the MBE but this document says OBE--order of the British Empire

Also I only have the Miniatures. See photo's

IMG_4364.jpg.618164f150e251b865f6e55012077622.jpg

IMG_4363.jpg.08b45ef6b005e0a2c99e62372f7281ac.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg.99f7c70cd87c9d53a450bb69333117a8.jpg

lilythepink

Well, it all looks very impressive. Seems you're very lucky to have got all this stuff. What do the fundis on this Forum have to say?

Little Miss Muffet

Here is part of the seal. In the next photo you can see the differance in ink colour so this is no copy or fake

IMG_4413.jpg.e4352d53a0f998b86bc43095dc487d08.jpg

IMG_4415.jpg.c12382cd3cf8c1029e8575f695ce7453.jpg

IMG_4410-1.jpg.c15cf051e0ac7619e95ab0fcdc550226.jpg

mellowred

Now that is something wonderful.

I get excited about notations by unknowns in books dated early 1900s :). Just the thought that someone wrote in something over 100 years ago that I am now holding in my hands gives me a wonderful warm feeling. Would love to see something signed by the old royals.

Nice one geewhizz

Little Miss Muffet

I also have a hallmarked silver butlers tray presented to this person when he left the

H.M. Factory in Gretna U.K. which produced cordite.

Just wonder where the other medals could be (Set from the miniatures)

Is there an internet site one can search to find out who could have them???

Obe stands for officer of the British Empire ---not Order of as I previously stated so these are his medals

lilythepink

I think you've got a windfall, Pam. By the way, please read your private messages!! lol

Little Miss Muffet

Doesn't seem much interest amoung the military collectors here. Very difficult to put a price on it. It may be worth a few hundred or a few thousand. Depends on how often something like this comes up. May as well get one of my sons to sell it in U.K. if the Military guys here are not interested.

JPBon
GEORGE THE SIXTH by the grace of *** of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions ...........etc etc and sovereign of the British empire to our trusty and well beloved ---Name of person(dont want to disclose this here)---Acting engineer lieutenant --commander in our royal navy reserve retired.

Whereas we have thought fit to nominate and appoint you to be an additional member of the military division of our said most excellant order of the British Empire............

etc.

Given at our court at Saint James under our sign manual and the seal of our said order (seal is on document top left but difficult to photograph under glass)

this eighth day of June 1944 in the eighth year of our reign

Signed by Queen May and George V1 as per previous photo's.

I am not sure if the medals are part of it. The left minature is the MBE but this document says OBE--order of the British Empire

Also I only have the Miniatures. See photo's

Ok the Medal on the left is actualy an OBE not an MBE the ribbon is actually that of Order of the British Empire (Military)

The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire was founded by George V in 1917 "for services to the Empire at home, in India and in the Dominions and Colonies, other than those rendered by the Navy and Army'. It can be awarded to officers of the three services for outstanding services of a non-combattant character. It has ten Divisions, five for men and five for women:

1. Knights Grand Cross (G.B.E.)

2. Knights Commanders (K.B.E.)

3. Commanders (C.B.E)

4. Officers (O.B.E.)

5. Members (M.B.E.)

My pic shows the OBE Military on the left and on the right the OBE civilian

Little Miss Muffet
Ok the Medal on the left is actualy an OBE not an MBE the ribbon is actually that of Order of the British Empire (Military)

The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire was founded by George V in 1917 "for services to the Empire at home, in India and in the Dominions and Colonies, other than those rendered by the Navy and Army'. It can be awarded to officers of the three services for outstanding services of a non-combattant character. It has ten Divisions, five for men and five for women:

1. Knights Grand Cross (G.B.E.)

2. Knights Commanders (K.B.E.)

3. Commanders (C.B.E)

4. Officers (O.B.E.)

5. Members (M.B.E.)

My pic shows the OBE Military on the left and on the right the OBE civilian

Price???

JPBon

they sell in the Uk for around 25 pounds, though nowhere could i find what age they were, but most have papers with them