Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

Coin Mampara of the Year 2018

Pierre_Henri

Coin Mampara of the Year 2018 

The phrase “Mampara of the Year” was “coined” by the Sunday Times. 

The “award” is given to people that just did not “Made the Grade” during the past year. 

In coin-collecting terms, I would ALSO like to award a special numismatic “Mampara of the Year Award” to … 

image.png.1f4ecb57d7058e23541c3182bbc31792.png

Why do they deserve this special honor? 

On their website, they are currently offering some graded Mandela Birthday Coins (Minted in 2008)

MS 66 = Price R 4 500.00

MS 67 = Price R 15 000.00

MS 68 = Price R 250 000.00

MS 69 = Price R 3 Million

As an example, the last MS67 example, offered by them for R15 000, sold on BidorBuy this week for …… scroll down

R71 – Yes only R71  

O Boy – what a Mampara!

Enjoy the upcoming holiday season and I wish you all a wonderful 2019 …

Pierre & Family

• Thanks 1

ATA STAMP CENTRE

right!!

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

GROOVIE COINS

Whenever people ask where they can "change" their Madiba R5 coins, always refer them to SA coin. Always get a kick out of that one!

jwither

Back when they purportedly sold the first MS-69 (per their website) for R2.3MM ($338,000 USD), I predicted it would ultimately lose at least 99% of it's "value".  The NGC census had two at the time and the last time I checked, 13.  I also stated that even at a 99% "discount" or $3,400 USD, it would remain one of if not the most overpriced coin in the world.

Every one of those prices is absurd.  I see no reason why that MS-67 sold for R71 on BoB.  This grade is so incredibly common that it doesn't mean anything.  This also ignores that much of the remaining supply probably exists near that quality

Edited by jwither

KobieVenter

When I started with Internet coins back in 2004, I Googled SA coins and the first link I found was SACOIN.  Boy, did they take me for a ride!

Cannot believe they are still doing it!!  Every day, a new sucker born...

Noted, I was a SA coins collector since the late 1970's, but they still fooled me big time with their NGC grading story. 

Mark Anderson is THE scammer, big time.  Ever read one of his articles?  Sounds more incredible than Igbal Surve's!

Edited by KobieVenter