BruinersCoins

Watermarks on SA Banknotes

BruinersCoins

As can be seen below, I have been reported to bidorbuy as 8 of my listings does not "comply" and are "illegal." They have been declared "illegal" because the do NOT have "watermarks." This is now probably the 20th time that I am being reported for selling Gold banknotes (which have been claimed to be fake), Hobo coins (claimed to be fake) and now this. What is the deal?

How can you see or not see a watermark on a banknote that has been photographed. The jealousy is beyond me! And I ask myself, why? Isn't there enough sun for all of us?

Most people on bidorbuy will know that I am one of the biggest fighters of selling fake coins or banknotes. I do NOT buy fakes, not even as a "FILLER."

Whoever wants to, is more than welcome to come and inspect all my stock of South African Banknotes and check the watermarks. I LOVE this hobby.

I am also one of biggest traders of South African Banknotes on EBay and my ratings there are 100%.

We need to take hands and not be childish.....

Ralph

Screenshot_20181128-130804[1].jpg

Pierre_Henri
4 hours ago, BruinersCoins said:

As can be seen below, I have been reported to bidorbuy as 8 of my listings does not "comply" and are "illegal." They have been declared "illegal" because the do NOT have "watermarks." This is now probably the 20th time that I am being reported for selling Gold banknotes (which have been claimed to be fake), Hobo coins (claimed to be fake) and now this. What is the deal?

How can you see or not see a watermark on a banknote that has been photographed. The jealousy is beyond me! And I ask myself, why? Isn't there enough sun for all of us?

Most people on bidorbuy will know that I am one of the biggest fighters of selling fake coins or banknotes. I do NOT buy fakes, not even as a "FILLER."

Whoever wants to, is more than welcome to come and inspect all my stock of South African Banknotes and check the watermarks. I LOVE this hobby.

I am also one of biggest traders of South African Banknotes on EBay and my ratings there are 100%.

We need to take hands and not be childish.....

Ralph

Screenshot_20181128-130804[1].jpg

Don't worry Ralph, I also get these Community Watch warnings from time to time.

Virtually every time the person who laid the "charge" is a disgruntled or jealous rival. 

As the old saying goes "Jealousy makes you Nasty"

I for one would vouch for your 100% honesty and integrity.

Regards

Pierre

BruinersCoins

Thank you my friend Pierre Nortje.

admin

Hi BruinersCoins,

The "no watermark" referred to in your reported listings does not refer to the watermark the Reserve Bank puts in notes. It is referring to the specific requirements for listing South African coins and notes in line with the basic rules and regulations as set out in the South African Reserve Bank Act, No 90 of 1989 (the “Act”) The notes should be marked “Image - Not legal tender” printed diagonally across the image. Please note that the policy is applicable to all South African Coins and Notes, whether currently in circulation or not. Please see the South African Coins and Notes Selling and Buying Policy for further clarification.

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/help/1041/South_African_Coins_and_Notes_Selling_and_Buying_Policy

Kind regards,

Andries

BruinersCoins

Hi Andries,

Thank you for the clarification. I have noted the diagonal issue.

What bothers me is that bidorbuy is very selective when it comes to applying the laws and warning and rules. There are 26 000 odd coin and banknote listings on bidorbuy this morning. 926 ZAR coin listings, the majority then according to your rules does not comply! There are 1500 odd South African banknote listings. please check how many do not comply.

The last time my South African Gold Banknotes were deleted by bidorbuy, although the very same platform have been selling them for years. I was never afforded the opportunity to give you an explanation of what we are dealing with here.

All I ask for is consistency in applying the laws and rules and regulations.

Thank you

Ralph