Sign in to follow this  
sreinke

Coin Collection Valuation

sreinke

Good day,

I am looking to get my coin collection valued for insurance purposes.

Does anyone know where one can get this done?

Currently reside in the Northern Suburbs.

GROOVIE COINS

Good morning

I can't answer you on your question, so I will leave it to be answered by another member. I would like to ask you a few rhetorical questions, that you should think about.

1. Do many people know about your collection or is it something kept private? For safety reasons it is always best to keep things of high value quiet.
  2. Is it a vast collection and do you intend becoming a coin dealer and running a professional business? If you are a professional dealer that is running a business, then you might want to consider insurance. 
  3. Do you feel comfortable disclosing your coin collection and its value to an insurance company? How many telesales consultants will access to your information within the insurance company? It's like the old saying, your house gets burgled when you inform the security company to keep an eye out, because you going on vacation. 

If you have a small collection, taking out insurance might draw unwanted attention, that may become a safety risk. Not to mention the monthly premiums that will affect the long term investment of a small collection.

Do not answer these questions, but do ponder on them.

JacoTer

sreinke

We provide professional valuations for insurance purposes. 

If interested look at at our website www.corevaluations.co.za

Regards

Jaco

Edited by JacoTer