Sign in to follow this  
All Music

Offer made, relisted item still showing

All Music

Something for sellers who allow offers to be made on their items to take note of:

An example: I have an item listed which closes at 12:00. Buyer puts in an offer at 11:55, five minutes before closing time. I only accept the offer sometime after the closing time of 12:00. An item is always automatically deleted by the system once it is sold, so the seller does not have to manually remove it from their listing. However, the item on which an offer has been made will automatically relist at 12:00, as it has not been sold as the offer has not yet been accepted. When I do accept the offer it only relates to the old listing, and not to the relisted item, which will continue to show as being available on the site, when of course it isn't.

This could mean that there are a number of listings on bob that have been sold but are still shown as being for sale. Perhaps there is a way for bob to figure this out to avoid problems with buyers who complain about sellers listing items that they don't have? 

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I Would think the complaints are mostly due to drop shippers not having the stock than the relisting problem you refer to,which could occur but not to such an extent.

I do not think the system could be revised to accomodate the problem u refer to but the easier way would be for sellers to use the "relist what is not sold the next day" instead of immediate relisting-that would perhaps solve the problem u are referring to.

Neil

All Music

Yes, it probably will be difficult to revise the system. I just thought I would bring it up as on a couple of occasions I have had to manually remove a listing after only realizing a day or two later that it was still for sale on bob.