Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

BOB MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO BE PRO-ACTIVE NOW!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I think everyone can see and experience the decline in this site over the past few months.

Various decisions have been made  with dire consequences .

BUT.....where is the innovation,the decisons to improve experience for buyers and sellers,?

The fees have increased dramatically ,resulting in many transactions becoming non viable to sellers,and therefore listings have dropped and the buyers obviously will be deserting in droves .

But nothing ,absolutely nothing is being done to improve or innovate and help sellers and buyers and bob alike

The categories are outdated,changes were made without even consulting the top sellers on these changes and implemented by category managers with no clue as what is required,suggestions made were ignored...

The overcharging on multiple orders with a single payment made is continuing and making BOB  a fortune in excess fees not due to them,no implementation here of any system to fix this and its s much effort to explain to each and everyone what the problem is,but if its costing me a hundred rand a month in duplicate fees then all the sellers not even aware of this are likely paying even more.FIX IT BOB ,ITS EASY BUT ,why should they...

Snap friday auctions are dead,have been for years since the weekend specials were introduced,but here is opportunity to perhaps raise awareness and increase some activity,why dont BOB offer free listings here for a promotion,???small things like that will attract sellers who are looking to increase turnover in every way possible,

Crazy wed auctions are dying and need a rethink on a way forward...

Start giving a littel back to sellers,the better items listed will attract the better buyers and better prices will be beneficial to all,not just BOB

But this management seems not to care,allowing the decisons made to ensure that BOB spirals into a deep dark black hole,will we ever see the light again?

Consult top sellers,get ideas,we are not all mickey mouse people,some of us have experience since the beginning of BOB,some have business experience,some may even have fantastic ideas,and it will be free,not LIKE REGIMENTS AND TRILLIAN...

WAKE UP PLEASE,NOW ,NOT LATER ,BE PRO-ACTIVE NOT RE-ACTIVE

Neil

anthony03

Agree totally, this is the lowest era of the amount of viewers i have ever seen on my site. They will have to advertise 1000% more that they are doing at present. Up goes the price down goes the service.

Edited by anthony03

Little Miss Muffet

To compensate I am doing some antique markets

No fees,no posting,cash transactions which by the way eliminates bank fees if I need cash.

I joined Bidorbuy 10 years ago because I was tired of marketing,now I am tired of Bidorbuy.

After having 100% positive ratings after 10 years I get a negative rating from a buyer

who has had a number of accounts closed on BOB and reopens them in a friends name.

The rating is a total lie,just revenge and Bob will not remove it.Makes me bitter.

I have always been one of those people loyal to my own destruction. 

Darth Penguin
26 minutes ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

The rating is a total lie,

On a side note: we are looking at overhauling the rating system but it is not something that will happen very soon. We have some ideas (and are open to ideas) but it is still in the very very early stages.

---

With regards to Bidorbuy "doing nothing to help buyers and sellers": we've been very busy on processes and infrastructure projects which unfortunately are not visible to users. That being said, some of the "visible" stuff includes work on the new responsive/mobile site which will replace our current desktop site with a more modern look (open https://m.bidorbuy.co.za on your pc/laptop),  changes to the "Deal of the Week" pages to run more targeted promos and keeping the lights running and not suffering outages during Black Friday etc.

anthony03

Seriously your company is in a  slump. Just look at this https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bidorbuy.co.za . This will give you an indication of what is happening. You pushed your prices up and punished sellers postal charges. This in turn means that sellers have pushed up their postal rates and product prices  to compensate for the unacceptable imposed levels of charges. I struggle to find any of your advertising anywhere . I have just posted 5 different items two days ago and guess what, not even a single view. This never happened in all the years that I havew been selling on the site. This site is definitely on its way out if nothing gets done by the management team to reverse the rot that has set in!. By the way, I now sell more on Facebook than Bid or Buy. That should tell you something.....

Little Miss Muffet

Shocking decline.After marketing for 20 years I joined Bidorbuy 10 years ago and gave up marketing.I am now selling more on a market in a month than I sell on Bidorbuy. Collectors items,the most difficult to source is one of the categories that has been hard hit on Bidorbuy. A fair overall increase across the categories should have been implemented.

...and I harp on this that would never be allowed on Ebay

After having 100% positive ratings after 10 years I get a negative rating from a buyer

who has had a number of accounts closed on BOB and reopens them in a friends name.

The rating is a total lie,just revenge and Bob will not remove it.Makes me bitter.

I have always been one of those people loyal to my own destruction. 

👺

bitesize

I hardly get sales anymore.  I'm trying to get an answer as to why I'm being charged a Final Order Value fee when Pargo has been selected as BoB claims that they don't charge commission on Pargo.  To my knowledge the final order fee is the difference between the product price and the final order, which is the shipping.  If this is another kind of fee it's not stated clearly.  I still don't think it's fair that we are charged because other sellers are abusing the system.  They should have had another system in place for reporting those sellers.

bitesize

Someone please explain this to me:

A Final Order Value Fee (FOVF) is charged on all transactions irrespective of the delivery method . The final order value fee is applied to the difference between the item sales value and the final order value . 

As far as I understand it, the difference between the sales value and final order value is the shipping fee.  That is commission on the shipping fee.  I was told Bob doesn't take commission on Pargo deliveries yet they say above it's charged regardless of the delivery method.  What exactly am I missing here?