Grizzly Gaming

Challenge ratings

Grizzly Gaming

I find it hard to believe that a system exists only to the benefits of the buyer, but gives no protection to the reputation of sellers on BidorBuy.

Surely when one receives a negative rating, there should be a means to challenge the rating.

Here's our dillemma...

Buyer purchases item in December 2017, but places negative rating in October 2018 with the reason being that item was dead on arrival.

Surely, the above is unreasonable as if the item was DOA, why did it take the buyer over 10 months to try to rectify the situation on second hand items? Is it the sellers responsibility to resolve a matter like this amicably? How can it be expected for a seller to go out of their way for a buyer after any reasonable warranty period has lapsed?

Surely there should be an easier means to protect our reputation than having to sit with negative ratings while we have to now sit trying to do unnecessary admin work by email to BoB.

Surely there should be a cut off time for ratings where one cannot rate the seller/buyer after a specified amount of time, or for negative ratings to be challenged more easily.

andrevorster8

Can I add to this that we should also be able to rate the delivery service. That way it narrows down the negative rating to be challenged from sellers too.

Little Miss Muffet

Quote "Buyer purchases item in December 2017, but places negative rating in October 2018 with the reason being that item was dead on arrival."

How is this possible when we cannot rate after 3 months--Look at any item sold 3 or more months ago and the rating link is closed

• Like 1

WCapeRecords

Grizzly Gaming your post is very confusing as you have no negative ratings and as Little Miss Muffet says, no ratings can be made after 3 months. Did you post to the wrong forum?

Darth Penguin
9 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

Quote "Buyer purchases item in December 2017, but places negative rating in October 2018 with the reason being that item was dead on arrival."

How is this possible when we cannot rate after 3 months--Look at any item sold 3 or more months ago and the rating link is closed

We have logged a ticket to investigate this.

Serthentia Sales

I have seen the same thing since the upgrade in March. Buyers are able to rate or change ratings even a year after the purchase. It is locked on the order itself, but I suspect they are able to rate/change raing by using the email where they originally get a reminder from BoB to rate the purchases. If it is not that, then I don't know how they do it but they can do it since the new update. BoB must investigate and solve this as there is absolutely zero justification for a buyer to leave a negative rating a year after receiving the item. That will mean all sellers must offer lifetime guaratees on products regardless of how they are treated by buyers, or risk unjust negative ratings ages after the sale is completed.

BoB please update us on how this is being done by buyers, and what you plan to do to fix this issue???

• Like 1

Serthentia Sales
On 11/1/2018 at 4:21 PM, Darth Penguin said:

We have logged a ticket to investigate this.

Amazing how there is still no update to this matter 4 and half months after BoB stated they have opened a ticket to investigate the matter.

Is this just yet another matter that BoB are ignoring???

Darth Penguin
14 hours ago, Serthentia Sales said:

Amazing how there is still no update to this matter 4 and half months after BoB stated they have opened a ticket to investigate the matter.

I'm not part of customer care who follows up with our users and posted that as a courtesy to let the user know somebody at tech saw a potential problem.

14 hours ago, Serthentia Sales said:

Is this just yet another matter that BoB are ignoring???

"Find out next time on BoB TV!"

Darth Penguin

@Grizzly Gaming @Little Miss Muffet

The issue was logged on our internal bug tracking system. Feedback we received from business was open ended regarding the business rules and we had (from a tech point of view) more pressing matters to attend to and this one fell through the cracks. I've asked them for feedback again but in my opinion the whole rating system needs a revamp.

I have now divulged way more than I should have, normally we operate in the shadows of these forum posts and should probably continue doing so.