Sign in to follow this  
GROOVIE COINS

Numismatics refreshed

GROOVIE COINS

Good day

I would like to commend recent seller Karoo Banksy for the way they presenting coins. They are superbly packaged, show casing the coin with attractive and relevant illustrations. It started with various R5 now they have included Union pennies as well, with hopefully more to follow.

I think they saw a gap in the way circulated or old coins were being presented and hit the nail on the head. Many times the value of coins don't warrant grading and slabbing, but the card holders that are done by this seller seem cost effective, and much more appealiing than the plastic money bags collectors make use of. They seem to be a hit with buyers as well, bidding on coins that would otherwise not receive as much attention. For refreshing our numismatic hobby with some good initiative and new look, I say good show! 

regards Robert

Pierre_Henri

I must say that I am also very impressed - the time that must have gone into describing (and listing) one of those coins must have taken ages. 

But let’s be practical – a picture tells a thousand words and if any seller’s pictures (and a short informative description) are up to standard, this seller is probably wasting his time with his noteworthy and hard effort –

His coins will most probably sell for not a cent more than if he only posted good pictures of them and left out the hours of work doing the informative description cards. 

Bells & whistles usually do not work – they are truly impressive – but they do not work regarding the end result when one look at the final sales prices realized when it comes to coins.   

This is sad but that was my experience over many years of selling coins on BidorBuy

GROOVIE COINS
4 hours ago, Pierre_Henri said:

I must say that I am also very impressed - the time that must have gone into describing (and listing) one of those coins must have taken ages. 

But let’s be practical – a picture tells a thousand words and if any seller’s pictures (and a short informative description) are up to standard, this seller is probably wasting his time with his noteworthy and hard effort –

His coins will most probably sell for not a cent more than if he only posted good pictures of them and left out the hours of work doing the informative description cards. 

Bells & whistles usually do not work – they are truly impressive – but they do not work regarding the end result when one look at the final sales prices realized when it comes to coins.   

This is sad but that was my experience over many years of selling coins on BidorBuy

I agree that the detail mentioning the condition of the coin is overkill and is the very reason grading codes are there, to simplify all the information. A simple XF45 with a good quality photo would suffice and is what most buyers pay attention to.

I was actually refering to the actual packaging card holders they are using for their coins. These cards are fantasic, similar to the 1994 Innauguration R5 in post card but only more appealng. Among them the pennies or Griqua, SARB R5 stand out the most.

Like a old record cover, torn at the seems perhaps, immediately refreshed with a brand new plastic sleeve. The record is still old, but it's just better presented. 

regards Robert