The Golden Eagle

Bidorbuy taking commission on shipping

The Golden Eagle

I recently noticed that Bidorbuy charges a seller 6.61% on shipping.
This seems unreasonable, as many sellers do not take any profit on shipping.
They say it is to keep sellers from asking too much for shipping, yet it does not make sense.
No one who profits from shipping will reduce the price, they may even increase it.
So in the end it is obviously for them to make more money, but think they should be reasonable also.
Perhaps they should only charge if shipping amount is over R100.

bitesize

It's an ongoing issue.  The sellers who adhere to the rules are being made to pay for those that don't.

bitesize

Can someone clarify if BoB is charging commission on Pargo orders?

bitesize
5 minutes ago, bitesize said:

Can someone clarify if BoB is charging commission on Pargo orders?

Can't seem to edit this post.  From what I can see BoB is charging commission on Pargo orders.  On another site I signed up with (to get away from BoB) they are not charging commission on Pargo.

Serthentia Sales
2 hours ago, bitesize said:

Can't seem to edit this post.  From what I can see BoB is charging commission on Pargo orders.  On another site I signed up with (to get away from BoB) they are not charging commission on Pargo.

Do share this new site with us please? :}

bitesize
2 hours ago, Serthentia Sales said:

Do share this new site with us please? :}

It's not a new site :-D, but Bob won't like me for it.  Their commission on sales is high but was wondering why they don't charge on Pargo but BoB does.  Not even Bob knows what they are doing because one said they don't charge and another said they do.  I know they do because I get charged and I want a straight answer as to why we are charged on something that is automatically taken off.  We are literally being robbed.  But I'll send you the link in a pvt message.

BABADAUD

BoB charging on shipping is not only greed on the part of BoB.

Dragons teeth spring to mind.

The scores of rogue sellers rampant on BoB charging excessive delivery / packing / boxing / storage / administrative charges thus avoiding paying decent commission upon goods sold cheap in order to reap a harvest in  fees.

Same-same  as with the thieves who present their sub base level wares as premium hoping for some ignorant palooka to trust their dodgy description e.g. peddling a fiscally used stamp worth about $10.00 as a postally used stamp worth $2,000.00. And then, when advised of their erroneous listing, basically telling one to f - off.  Listing still intact as before - deception, attempted fraud. All in full view and knowledge of BoB 

All bringing the site into disrepute.

I often wondered why BoB, apart from a few palliative   platitudes, never  actually  does anything about complaints against these villains who continue on as before well after complaint with evidence  sufficient to get them booted from eBay, Delcampe & any other online site of any good repute.

Obvious, really.

FVF + a % of the rip-off charges from them as well as from the bona-fide costs of the more fair & decent seller.

If only BoB would put into such matters a tiny fraction of the energy and input devoted to nonsense like Plimsoll Day & Umbrella Day then one might have a site of some merit rather than merely a mill   to crunch a few rands by whatever means possible. And sod the ethics in that process.

As for the BoB retort that charging fees on shipping encourages reduced shipping charges - really?

How naive is Bob?

How naive does Bob imagine its users to be?

The thieves who overcharge will not be encouraged to reduce their charges.

They are crooks.

They will have their bit of poke come what may.  They will simply increase their already skanky charges to cover the extra fees,

Others  have already made strategies to avoid fees on delivery.

Yet others,  are marketing independently and directly to their contacts made on Bob thus cutting BoB out of their loop. As is their right.

In a nutshell: BoB (whilst being the biggest in Africa etc etc) is somewhat lacking in good ethics and vigour. Very much a third rate site of merely moderate  South African quality.

An abysmal and unprofessional  effort by world standards.

And yet! - a miserable corp  of bottom feeding buyers keeps realizations down whilst a score of seemingly desperate sellers chuck masses of good (if often wrongly described and assessed) material at them for the likes of myself to scoop for a song  up and then profit handsomely upon peddling the stuff elsewhere.

Keep up the good work BoB.......... I'm alright, Jack.

and ......

might we PLEEEZE, one day,  have a no holiday / no specialday  day  or , better still, 365 of them).

bitesize

Here is something else I don't get and I just posted a new topic about it:

I can't wrap my head around how this works.

I queried about commission charged on Pargo deliveries and this is what I got:

"In terms of Pargo , we do not charge you a commission on Pargo deliveries. 
 Pargo fees are automatically calculated at R55 and R5 is added to the shipping fee for packaging costs, these funds all go to Pargo."

Then when I queried why I was seeing a Final Order Value Fee on Pargo deliveries:

"A Final Order Value Fee (FOVF) is charged on all transactions irrespective of the delivery method . The final order value fee is applied to the difference between the item sales value and the final order value."

But isn't the difference between the sales value and final order value the shipping fee therefore meaning we are being charged commission on Pargo deliveries?