thegemster

Let me stir a bit!! Just picked one and checked

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=4729546

He says $779.40

Go to Gemval - I got $82.03 :shock:

Here's my route

Specimen: Aquamarine

Weight: 0.787 ct.

Color: 128 - light very strongly greenish Blue; strong (heated)

Clarity: Eye clean 2 ( VS)

Cut: Excellent

Shape: Octagon

According to Gemval, a 30 carat aquamarine with best colour and cut is valued at $313.20

I think he got the decimal in the wrong place!! Unlikely

Gem Shop

have decided it doesnt help to complain as it falls on deaf ears

expressions

Folks, This is how LIFE works. Dishonest people always get away and lie cheat and steal. But let one of the honest ppl stare funny and we'll get it. It is now 15:35 on Tuesday and I can see that ALL of *** and ***'s gems are sitting higher that anyone else's. I think it was Abraham lincoln who said "you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. I just hope that time comes soon......

I hope the law of averages comes and curses this vile and disgusting lies and vanquishes Evil from the suffering BOB community. I wish that BOB will get some backbone and be our Collective HERO and Defy the armies of *** to the north and the Barbaric hordes of *** to the south of the City. I hope that The day of vengeance will come soon and destroy the Enemy of Lies, Deceit, False Thumbsuck figures and Arrogance. I wish.... That I had a good lawyer.

Gem Shop

as usual this happens every week and every week action is promised....this shows how determined bob is to stamp out this unethical "loading' Of gemstone values...I am sorry but at this stage i believe bob only put the guidelines up as a token and were NEVER serious of having them implemented...I think we should all just go back to how things was before...At least we had a even playing field...even if it was a unethical one. At this stage bountyhunter and diamonds gems is picking all the fruits because we decided to make it easy on them....Unless I get a clear answer from the powers to be within the next 48 hours I will revert back to earlier times as from friday. We have send emails...we have complained ...we have done all we could and they just keep on doing as they like and I am now tired of waiting and praying for something to happen...

thegemster

I think I'll do the same, but with this unethical way of doing business we just chase away new buyers, so the Powers that Be have to decide, more money from higher sales or more users spreading there money on an even playing field.

Gem Shop

yes i know and would not like to do it but we cannot compete with those I call them thieves for a lack of better word...We are here to sell some quality gems and they sell fishtank gravel with fake valuations and get more...Its plain thievery

alloway65

Can we get a response from Lukeness & Co! :(

Lukeness

Look guys, I too feel your frustration. But what you are talking about now is just plain self-defeating!

No-one said this was going to be easy!

No-one said that all dishonest sellers would embrace it!

BUT there has been a marked improvement almost across the board!

YES, there are still some sellers giving us the finger and flouting the guidelines as well as the law, but all posts like these do is encourage them and show them that you believe they are untouchable. And that just makes them believe the same even more!

This is actually encouraging them to continue their unfair practices!

If we are determined that this should work, it will. But it needs time!

Good buyers will identify great sellers and stick with them. Buyers WILL start looking for buyers who adhere to the guidelines (thanks to all of you for linking to them in your listings an increasing awareness so much!) and they will start steering clear of those who don't!

And lastly, sadly, buyers who have discovered how sellers have improved so much and are now only beginning to trust and be prepared to invest will surely be greatly disheartened and discouraged by these statements! We all know how easy it it to lose trust.

alloway65

As a buyer I can only win with what has happened or has to happen on BoB.

But I sympathise with the honest sellers whose income, they say, is now being depleted by the false/dishonest advertising by a few sellers.

When I started buying Gemstones a few months ago, I also fell into the trap of believing the inflated prices and bought rubish.

Have a good day :o

Lukeness

I sympathise too. But if you look through the Crazy Wednesday listings today it is abundantly clear that we are getting somewhere. Look how many sellers are clearly using their own pictures. It's quite remarkable!

Hopefully, there will be a slight short-term loss in income for an across the board increase over the long term.

Gem Shop

This is just talk talk talk....I cannot see why the guidelines cannot be enforced....On ebay you are not allowed to state a value if you cannot back it up with a legitimate certificate....if you do you get warned and then banned....what is so difficult in now warning those sellers in question as they WILL continue with their thumbsuck values as long as it makes them money and the honest guys has to suffer in silence....We have been complaining for weeks and weeks and nothing gets done...As far as we know they have not even received a warning to stop...I can see lukeness's point of view but HOW LONG WILL BOUNTYHUNTER AND DIAMOND GEMS BE ALLOWED TO DO AS THEY LIKE!!?

I am sure that all the other gemsellers would like an answer from bob rather sooner than later....so give me the main guy at bob's email...or even better place it here so that all the other sellers and buyers can give him/her a piece of our collective minds...bob has now to get of their a***ses and DO SOMETHING as I am sure most guys are not prepared to carry on any longer under these circumstances

Gem Shop
I sympathise too. But if you look through the Crazy Wednesday listings today it is abundantly clear that we are getting somewhere. Look how many sellers are clearly using their own pictures. It's quite remarkable!

Hopefully, there will be a slight short-term loss in income for an across the board increase over the long term.

Its been like this for a while...and bountyhunter and diamond gems has made NO EFFORT to conform and they have been taking the bulk of the gemstone sales and with every week they just list more and more gems as they dont care if a buyer don't come back to bob again

Gem Shop

YES, there are still some sellers giving us the finger and flouting the guidelines as well as the law, but all posts like these do is encourage them and show them that you believe they are untouchable. And that just makes them believe the same even more!

This is actually encouraging them to continue their unfair practices!

No Lukenes I think you are wrong on this point...The inability of the powers to be at bob to ban this type of behaviour that these sellers continue to shove in our faces make them believe they are untouchable. The failure of having guidelines with some sort of teeth is encouraging them to continue their unfair practices..

It is not the majority of gemstone seller's fault that they wont conform but this one is 100% BOB 's responsiblilty because we as sellers has no say...we cannot warn them...we cannot take their listings of the air...we cannot ...

admin

Guys,

Take a break! Step back and take a deep breath...

If one studies the history behind all of this, one can see that the guide lines has had an impact on the items listed.

From what I see, there are only two, maybe three, sellers not conforming to the guide line, when some time back, we had plenty...

It is of no use to attack these sellers - read the post I have put up in the forum rules and information forum - "argue the post, not the poster" - in other words, "do not attack the seller - attack the advert".

I also notice that we are resorting to calling other seller's gemstones everything but gemstones - this, guys, is not in the spirit of things. It should stop.

The guide line, as clearly stated right in the beginning, is only a guide line, and will not be enforced by bidorbuy.

So, as has been proven, the members of the bidorbuy gemstone community have made a big difference on bidorbuy - now to convert the few that are left.

Gem Shop

what if they do not want to convert...that is the question?

thegemster

The guide line, as clearly stated right in the beginning, is only a guide line, and will not be enforced by bidorbuy.

color]

That says alot

Lukeness

What was established, is that policing will be done by the members.

I think the consensus is quite clear, buyers want to get goods from trusted sources.

We have already seen almost all sellers move to the guidelines including clear effort from arguably the biggest seller and several others who also do high volume.

This has all actually been achieved in a relatively short period and I thin we need to remember that. Lets not abandon everything because two sellers (who are connected) are fighting it. The majority is against them so the tide must turn.

I said before, don't worry about them. Sit back and wait a little longer. I'm working on it...

Gem Shop

how can we get hold of the main guys at bob? i need names and emails

thegemster
how can we get hold of the main guys at BoB? i need names and emails

What's on your mind, do tell!!!

Gem Shop

well by supporting some buyers and refusing to do anything bob is helping them to commit fraud?...maybe there are some lawyer guys that wants to look into it

Gem Shop

I have a question?

Isn't it amazing how the same bidders always bid on these persons gems?

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=4930330

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=4930824

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=4930442

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=4954985

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=4476733

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=4719803

I can list a page full and the same names come up auction after auction...

I sell a lot of things and I do not have the same customers bidding week in and week out on my stuff in near perfect order.?

I am not making accusations but anyone seeing this must agree the order in which these guys bid and the frequency is definately spooky

:shock:

SkyeCreations

Not neccessarily wierd. It appears that they do the same as I do (check dates of bids). When I'm in the market for gems or any other items, I go to the ending soon pages and bid on all the items that interest me. Then I go and look at the full listings for those sellers on whose items I have already placed a bid, and if I see anything interesting, I bid on those too. Saves on postage costs. :D

One or two of the names are very familiar to me, as they regularly outbid me or are the 1st bidder on gemstone auctions.

Gem Shop

Just to clear up a couple of things

I have received this from my friend in witrivier

I recall you stating on the gemstone forum the following about another seller on bob "I do not want to sound like a broken gramaphone but can someone explain how a seller in NEW York and a seller in witrivier sell the exact same lot? " So GEMSHOP HOW CAN A SELLER IN NEW YORK AND A SELLER = YOU IN JHB SELL EXACTLY THE SAME LOT on THIS very auction? That would be FRAUD, as you called it on the forum, wouldn't it?? CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK ARE YOU? So i guess its "what goes around,,,, comes around" doesn't it. And exactly WHERE do you state its a STOCK photo on your auction?.

.Now the gems I am selling is actually from the same stock the seller in New York is selling as I brought in a consignment of his gems. The reason I am not stating that its a stock photo is because I feel that anyone reading or looking at the add will realize when looking at quantity on sale that its a stock photo of the gems that I have bought legally...so in my eyes there is no fraud or the fraudulant use of the photos or parts thereoff as I do own the gems and I am not just using their photos as my friend did.

jbelstead

I submitted my official complaint to BoB regarding a list of 16 complaints I had against Gem search, including items not received and items received but not what I'd purchased.

Guess what?

They have not found fault with the transactions! Come on!

For one, they say there is no proof that I did not receive the items that I claimed had not been sent. How can I prove that I did NOT get the items?

Pathetic!

As far as the undersized/poor quality items, the report I got from a jeweller (as per their requirements) was not accepted.

This shows to me that BoB supports Gem search 100% and that the Verified User "agreement" / "claim" means nothing to the end-user.

Enough said!