Sign in to follow this  
admin

Community Watch - Gemstone forum only

Lukeness
It would seem as though she is showing potential for change....

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=4614641

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=4614274

Could this be that she will also change her gem search listings. I hope so.

Thats FANTASTIC.

As for the jewellery listings, I'm sure we'll get there soon...

Gem Shop

its better although I still do not believe her...its suppose to be a photo of the gems but why is there 5 tanzanites in the photo..and why is one much bigger than the others? As I suspected....the AAADD is now kicking in...

Lukeness

Read the description again. There are supposed to be.

Gem Shop

yes there are suppose to be 4..but why is the photo of 5...? maybe i should not complain as this is a step in th right direction... :P now for the UNTOUCHABLES! bountyhunter an diamiod_gems. They are showing everyone the finger...

What about a date from BOB as from when every gem listing should and must comply ??

As I suspected....the AAADD is now kicking in...

alloway65

We can all dream...........................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lukeness
yes there are suppose to be 4..but why is the photo of 5...?

There are supposed to be five. There is a second part listing the fifth gem.

gem search

doodle

gem search

doodle

GemDeals

:lol: Why don't you just give me an answer:

Why is my gems underweight? Undersized?

Or can't you read? :roll:

Gem Shop
:lol: Why don't you just give me an answer:

Why is my gems underweight? Undersized?

Or can't you read? :roll:

Unfortunately she can only read when she can attack someone...the rest of the time she is as blind as a bat....I have yet to see anywhere one piece of evidence where she will actually answer any allegation made against her...

From using wrong photos to sending wrong items..not once has she apologized or given a plausable excuse...She has now started to take photos...of some of her products...and now we must all be grateful because she is trying to conform to to regulations....

You will NEVER get an answer on your question...sorry !!!

gem search

doodle

gem search

doodle

expressions
OK. This is for everyone to Study, Meditate upon and Come back with an honest answer.

1. Are ALL GEM sellers obliged to use the "guidelines" when placing an add on BoB.

2. If Answer to above is yes, then:

2.a: How long do all the sellers have to comply - is there a deadline of

some kind?

2.b:What are the consequences of transgressing the "guidelines"

Please think about this and get back with answers, as we are bickering and fighting like toothless dogs.

We need CLEAR ANSWERS. It does not help we complain about Gemsearch, Bountyhunter and Diamond Gems ETC. If these rules simply dont have ANY repercussions. If there are no DEFINITE answers then it can be agreed that All the hard work was IN VAIN.

Thanks

Guys, Even though I dont agree with the "stock photos" in use, the fact remains that we HAVE been victimizing some sellers. LETS all be reasonable and GET FOCUSED!

She has started to implement taking her own photos. NOT ONE of you saw that as a good thing. So Here - Gem Search, I appreciate you going to the extra effort of taking REAL photos of your gems and I hope that you will be doing so with the rest of your stock. It seems to upset ppl and could land you in some legal Trouble if you sell under stock photos. Especially if the item is a I3 and the pic IF.... Nevertheless - Good Job - there is room for improvement.

Guys and Gals. The real BLATANT THREAT is Diamond Gems and Bounty Hunter. I see NO ONE has responded to my BIG QUESTION. So you are all bickering and fighting FOR NOTHING.

expressions

The issues that ALL of you are discussing are LEGAL matters and not BOB Matters.

Why are we all fighting one seller instead of the BIG CULPRITS?

Come on Use all this passion and motivation and energy to go after the ones that are REALLY the cause of this WHOLE FORUM being in progress.

LET's ALL clear up our acts and get things sorted out by reason and respectable behavior. I must say that The forum makes for Amusing reading but things are now out of control. This is the forom with the most Bickering out of ALL BOB Categories. Lets GO AFTER THE real cause of frustration: Abiding by the Guides.... Those who have shown improvement (G.Search included) leave for now and get to the cause of the REAL PROBLEMATIC SELLERS.

expressions

Just to also add that I have lost faith in the Guides. They are there as the Queen of England is there. I figurehead that comes out on occasion....

Lukeness

Excellent post. If everyone concentrates on cleaning up those that don't won't have a leg to stand on.

expressions

I have just had a look at the Wednesday items and must say that I am VERY IMPRESSED!! with the exception of ***** and ***** That Have THUMB SUCK values, it seems to be one of the best listing days I have EVER seen. Good work to all of you in taking your own photos and NOT LYING about the values. I commend you all. You impress me a lot.

Gem Shop

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=4682005

After seeing this I have decided to remove all guideline compliant signs from my adds as from next week,,,

This guy is getting away with full scale fraud and the toothless guidelines cannot stop him...so why must I comply to some obviously bad for my business guidelines. after all they are just guidelines and if I decide not to follow them what is going to happen?

We have complained week in and week out about the same sellers and NOTHING happens...

There is no way that these 5 small tanzanites is selling for $1000.00 a carat...thats the going price for AAA D Block tanzanites over a carat in size and not for little pebbles...

I am just tired of the preferential treatment some sellers are getting whilst us smaller guys get discriminated against by bob.

Lukeness

Why don't you email Andy Higgens at Bid or Buy and voice your frustrations.

Or better yet, everyone who feels this way, email or PM me and I will put them all together and send it to him to show him how people feel.

friskett
http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=4682005

After seeing this I have decided to remove all guideline compliant signs from my adds as from next week,,,

This guy is getting away with full scale fraud and the toothless guidelines cannot stop him...so why must I comply to some obviously bad for my business guidelines. after all they are just guidelines and if I decide not to follow them what is going to happen?

We have complained week in and week out about the same sellers and NOTHING happens...

There is no way that these 5 small tanzanites is selling for $1000.00 a carat...thats the going price for AAA D Block tanzanites over a carat in size and not for little pebbles...

I am just tired of the preferential treatment some sellers are getting whilst us smaller guys get discriminated against by BoB.

Now I'm totally confused...

If they are not really worth what he says they are, then how can he have:

Gemological certificate included: YES [valuation & gemological]

and who is doing the valuation & gemological for him?

Lukeness, could you please invite him to see this?

I bid on a few of his items due to the fact that he supplies certification and seamt to be very legit.

Shaun Kemsley

Lukeness

Hi Shaun, what is being questioned is the values stated and who is atually providing the certificate and values. Perhaps you should ask that about the items you have bid on. Not all are the same. The top quality and colour tanzanite would usually have a maximum of $500 per carat RETAIL for a single stone. That is less than half of the stated value in ths listing and there is more than one stone making up the total weight, which drops the value even more. Also, they appear, in the picture, to have very average colour and an extremely poor cut.

expressions

Good Morning.

I Have one more question.

We spent around a month debating the "draft" on selling Gemstones on BOB.

After all was said and done the draft went to BOB to be ratified/approved.

Ok..... Now what exactly was approved by BOB? They approved the guidelines? What does that mean? I just want some clarification on this matter, as we are ALL UNHAPPY due to the fact that there are sellers with HYPER, SUPER, FRAUDULENT, INFLATED THUMBSUCK prices selling on bob and not following the "approved guides" IN EVERY ASPECT OF THE "GUIDES" They are misleading Buyers. They ARE LYING to sell their products. THEY are making money from DECEPTION and NO ONE is saying or doing ANYTHING!!!

Go and look at ANY if their listings THEY ALWAYS make more than all the other sellers because of this tactic. I am NOT against making money, but using techniques that mislead and LIE to people is not right!!

expressions

How High on crack cocaine do you have to be to say that an SI2 Sapphire could POSSIBLY EVER in the history of mankind reach more than R1000.00? I dont care if it is as large as a Ford f250 it is NOT Worth more than R24192.00!!! Luke? How could this be possible? What intravenous "medication" do you have to take in order to Lie like this?