Sign in to follow this  
Coin Database

Rhodesian Banknote Directory

Coin Database

Here is my last guide I have been working on for some time.

A comprehensive guide consisting of information on all Rhodesian banknotes issued between 1939 to 1979. It covers all banknotes issued from 1939 by the Southern Rhodesian Currency Board, the Central Africa Currency Board, the Bank of Rhodesia and Nyasaland up to 1962, as well as the Reserve Bank of Rhodesia up to 1979.

For those interested, the guide can be viewed or downloaded at no costs at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17BAtBL0CBx5xZC3QtqoSnPsoMpk-svLG

Pierre_Henri
6 hours ago, Coin Database said:

Here is my last guide I have been working on for some time.

A comprehensive guide consisting of information on all Rhodesian banknotes issued between 1939 to 1979. It covers all banknotes issued from 1939 by the Southern Rhodesian Currency Board, the Central Africa Currency Board, the Bank of Rhodesia and Nyasaland up to 1962, as well as the Reserve Bank of Rhodesia up to 1979.

For those interested, the guide can be viewed or downloaded at no costs at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17BAtBL0CBx5xZC3QtqoSnPsoMpk-svLG

Wonderful - let me be the first to congratulate you on this fantastic project of yours!

Rhodesian Numismatics is flying very high at the moment, so your project is well aligned with the current positive vibe regarding the collecting of artifacts / collectibles from old Rhodesia and it's so wonderful past.

Pierre

Coin Database
17 hours ago, Pierre_Henri said:

Wonderful - let me be the first to congratulate you on this fantastic project of yours!

Rhodesian Numismatics is flying very high at the moment, so your project is well aligned with the current positive vibe regarding the collecting of artifacts / collectibles from old Rhodesia and it's so wonderful past.

Pierre

Thank you Pierre, appreciate the kind words.

I agree, Rhodesian banknotes have fascinated me for some time and I love collecting them alongside my South African collection.

GROOVIE MOVIES

Hi Rian,

Once again I'm not a notes person, but I found your presentation informative and interesting. Again those extra history comments you made gives insight and background to somebody who is not familiar with bank note numismatics.

Those comments about the dispute over sourcing of notes and the change over in government from the British to Ian Smith lead me to read up a bit on the topic. I always assumed the handover to self governing was cordial.  

While reading up until 1979, I wanted to ask where are all the billions and trillion dollar notes?, but then remembered the project was on Rhodesian notes.

regards Robert

Coin Database
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GROOVIE MOVIES said:

Hi Rian,

Once again I'm not a notes person, but I found your presentation informative and interesting. Again those extra history comments you made gives insight and background to somebody who is not familiar with bank note numismatics.

Those comments about the dispute over sourcing of notes and the change over in government from the British to Ian Smith lead me to read up a bit on the topic. I always assumed the handover to self governing was cordial.  

While reading up until 1979, I wanted to ask where are all the billions and trillion dollar notes?, but then remembered the project was on Rhodesian notes.

regards Robert

Thank you Robert

Yes, those notes are all part of Zimbabwe from 1980 onwards. I have a massive amounts of notes I made over the years on these various banknotes, but not really something I am quite ready to present as accurate information - hence the reason I have limited the guide to only Rhodesian notes this far.

Information on the Zim notes are mostly non-existent and for the biggest part confusing :) I am not sure if we will ever get any accurate information.

Edited by Coin Database