Atronics_za

SNC Process Flaw / Loophole

Atronics_za
Posted (edited)

I have recently noticed a trend with buyers, especially newly registered buyers. For Example:

• Buyer would place a large order with you and not pay for it.
  • Your Fees on this sale has already been deducted from you account
  • After 7 days you File an SNC, which takes another 7 days.
  • On the last day the buyer tells BoB that he still plans on paying, so the SNC gets extender by another 7 days
  • So you have now basically waited 21 Days where your money which has been held ransom in BoB

If for what ever reason you don't have enough funds in your BoB account, and you are an advance seller. BoB will proceed to debit your bank account for the fees of a sale which has not been paid by the buyer. 

Could anyone explain to me how this makes sense? To me this is a major flaw in the system. It opens sellers up to abuse in terms of fake orders, which I have seen often on my own account recently. The last one was a fee of just over R4000 for a single sale which is not going to be paid as the buyer has no ratings and registered that same day. If I have to follow procedure now I will be debited for this amount ( Which I have already been notified of) and then wait a possible 21 days to get my money back....

Edited by Atronics_za
  • Upvote 1

Presteege Products

Today I submit a SNC - Reason - Buyer has not paid.  Buyer responds with - I HAVE PAID.  BoB instantaneously retracts the SNC without any evidence or proof of payment required, and subsequently informs me that the SNC has been retracted and that I (the seller) need to submit any relevant information that will back my claim.  WHAT????

The order detail clearly indicates that the BobPay EFT has not yet been completed.  I am lost for words....

Order 14452964 by lynettevdwesthuizen8328

1 X Braided USB Cable Charger for Samsung 1.5m 
SNC Reference 2C1EF-013E, Auction 354155276, Bid ID 41733202

19 July 2018 11:59 SNC Filed
Payment not Received
19 July 2018 11:59 Buyer Notified
19 July 2018 15:04 Buyer Responded
I have paid.
19 July 2018 15:04 Retracted
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Seeds and All

The new bidorbuy... It seems all common sense have escaped them. Surely the buyer needs to submit a form of proof that they actually made payment. What possible proof could you submit that you haven't received payment.

• Upvote 1

Rudco General

Happened to me also... you need to open a ticket and bidorbuy will ask the buyer to send proof of payment. 

Maverick

In addition to screwing sellers with a 100% increase in fees they steal commission from us on transactions that did not even happen!!!! The SNC process has just become another tool for BoB to TAKE.

And I have had to object how many times on SNC's that have been disallowed because the options they give buyers in the SNC process makes it almost always look like the seller was at fault.

Buyers don't realise that by selecting the wrong option it just gives BoB another reason to screw sellers for more fees.

It's shocking......and the BoB "customer service" staff hardly ever respond on the forum to direct questions - its easier to just ignore unhappy sellers - and there are SO many of them now.

Darth Penguin

I cannot divulge official stats but the vast majority of SNCs actually go in favour of the sellers.

With regards to SNCs like the above mentioned - yes, there is a bit of a disconnect but what often happens is that buyers forget to pay, receive the SNC email, respond with "I have paid" and then go off to make payment. I can see that in the above case, specifically, the seller chased up with the buyer, but payment was made and it reflected a few hours later.

Little Miss Muffet

What about this

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/346940627/A_VERY_LONG_SOLID_SILVER_CHAIN_90cm_5_1_gram.html

A link on this chain became detached a month after the buyer bought it.A minor flaw that can easily be fixed

I refunded the buyer and now Bidorbuy will not refund the commission.

If I list a thousand silver chains I will describe them exactly the way I did this one and if it is broken or a link is detached I WILL NOT LIST IT

I go to great lengths to draw attention to any flaw on an item I have listed and will never leave a buyer unhappy

I want my money back👊

Little Miss Muffet
On 7/25/2018 at 5:42 PM, Little Miss Muffet said:

What about this

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/346940627/A_VERY_LONG_SOLID_SILVER_CHAIN_90cm_5_1_gram.html

A link on this chain became detached a month after the buyer bought it.A minor flaw that can easily be fixed

I refunded the buyer and now Bidorbuy will not refund the commission.

If I list a thousand silver chains I will describe them exactly the way I did this one and if it is broken or a link is detached I WILL NOT LIST IT

I go to great lengths to draw attention to any flaw on an item I have listed and will never leave a buyer unhappy

I want my money back👊

........and the buyer was refunded Bobbucks so Bidorbuy will not lose commission but gain it twice.Not fair

The Golden Eagle

The longer they have your money, the more they make. 
That is why they prefer it to take longer.

Kraken71

If you put all the pieces of the puzzle (that is the "New Bid or Buy" ) in place, you will come to the realisation that BoB is dying a slow and painful death, largely of its own making. It is having cash flow problems, which is why it has created such obstacles (like getting your refund back etc.).  A few months ago I got a call from BoB regarding an item I was selling. It was listed for R2250 (if I remember correctly). There were a number of people watching it and the auction was due to close in a day or two. BoB asked me if I could reduce the price because there was a pensioner who wanted to buy it and he wasn't familiar with the process. I immediately became sceptical, because, pensioner or not, he was at least computer literate enough to find the item. Anyway, I agreed to lower the price to the R2000 they requested, and of course, no sale followed. I then wondered if BoB's  disingenuous attempt at trying to secure a sale had anything to do with it possibly being in financial trouble (and if it was over an amount such as this, how serious could it then be?). Then, having looked at BoB's global stats rankings, the complaints on this forum (which are largely ignored by BoB), the number of people bidding/prices that are being realised (compared to the period before BoB shot itself in the foot) etc, I believe that the end for BoB is near. It is a great pity, because solutions to the problem are self-evident, but BoB's perpetual obstinance will strangle the proverbial goose. BoB doesn't have much time to rectify its obvious mistakes, as loyal sellers leave for greener pastures (and BoB will have trouble getting that loyalty back, if at all). If the last six months is anything to go by, this post will be ignored too (or deleted!) I hope I'm wrong.