Sign in to follow this  
HR_COINS

Unfair when bidding on multiple items

HR_COINS

Hi There,

I am currently bidding on the item Other Mandela Coins - Very Rare!! 2008 Silver R1 Gandhi with COA - Protea Nobel Laureate Series (Sealed) for sale in Johannesburg

The seller has 5 items listed.

My max bid is for R159 per item.

My leading bid was R111 for all five items. Another bidder bid R150 for one item.

Autobid automatically ups my bid for all five to R150.

I feel this is unfair.

I feel my bid should be R150 for 1 item and R111 for the other 4 items on offer.

Why should my bid for 5 items be increased when another bid came in for only 1 item?

Please advise.:mad:

Bertman Trading

Hello Hr coins,

Your bid has to increase on all items otherwise his bid will outbid your other bids of R111. In other words he is willing to pay R150 for any one of the coins but you want all 5 coins, in order to prevent him from winning one of the coins you have to outbid him on all of the coins - highest bid wins:)

HR_COINS
Hello Hr coins,

Your bid has to increase on all items otherwise his bid will outbid your other bids of R111. In other words he is willing to pay R150 for any one of the coins but you want all 5 coins, in order to prevent him from winning one of the coins you have to outbid him on all of the coins - highest bid wins:)

Hi and thanks for your response.

I hear what you are saying but my point is I should be leading with one item @ R150 and the rest @ R111.

That is fair to me.

I fully accept and respect the rules of the auction but I feel feedback can be given so that rules could possibly be changed where applicable.

lilythepink

If you have the winning bid at R150.00 and he doesn't up his bid to R150.00 as well, you will find when the auction closes that you will only have to pay R150.00 for 1 coin and the others will stay at R111.00. Once the auction closes you will get my drift.

HR_COINS

Well, I didnt win any so I dont have to worry about anything now!

Asha Craft Jewellery
If you have the winning bid at R150.00 and he doesn't up his bid to R150.00 as well, you will find when the auction closes that you will only have to pay R150.00 for 1 coin and the others will stay at R111.00. Once the auction closes you will get my drift.

Hi lily, the bidder would have to pay the increased bid amount on ALL items (if he bid on them all)

lilythepink

Hi Amanda - no, when I've bid on multiple items (let's say, 5 items) and someone else has bid on only one item, then I would pay the higher price for the first item and the other 4 would be at the price I originally bid. That's how it was - I haven't bid on multiple items for a couple of months now so it may have changed. :o

Asha Craft Jewellery

Age is only important if you're a cheese! -- LOL (love it!)

I think admin should clear it up RE bidding on multiple items. Coz i'm confused now... :P

lilythepink

Amanda - look at it this way. Five rings are lying on a table, up for auction. They have a starting price of R1.00. Someone bids R100.00 on all rings. A second person bids R150.00 for only one ring and that is the winning bid for that ring. the other 4, however, still have their highest bid at R100.00 and that is what they would be sold for on that auction. Does this help?

Asha Craft Jewellery

Hi lily, but that is not the issue. If someone bids R150 on the one ring, but your autobid is R150 for five rings... then you are going to pay R150 to get all 5 the rings. Not just the R150 on one ring and R100 on the other 4 rings. You either pay R150 per ring to get all five, or if you are outbid, then you are only getting the 4 rings at R100 each.

lilythepink

Hi Asha - And what if I don't have an autobid? I think we'd better ask admin to clear this up for us because your way of doing things is not how it's happened for me when I've bid on multiple items. I can only tell you what my experience has been. Admin - please advise! :confused: