Maverick

New system for offers on closed auctions

Maverick

The new system for making offers to buyers is really not very seller friendly, as it only allows one to make offers on auctions for a week after the auction has closed. The problem is that it takes at least two weeks for an SNC to be finalised when a buyer does not pay for an item. One of the main benefits of the offer system was to be able to make an offer to the second highest bidder in the event that the winning bidder did not pay.

Please come back to me on this asap, as this needs to be addressed.

Maverick

Can I please get a response on this....

Maverick

I dont understand why BoB would change this system to something where it stops sellers from being able to make offers on as many items as they used to. Surely BoB wants more sales and not less? 

Makes absolutely no sense!!

WCapeRecords

And the silence is deafening!!!!

All Music

What happened with me is the I made an offer to a buyer who had an item of mine on his watchlist. We came to an agreement and Saturday past the sale was concluded. However this morning while going through the music CD category I just happened to see that the same item was still listed and had not been taken off when the sale was made. Don't know why that would be but if items are being sold through make an offer on auction but still appearing as available on bob that will cause problems.

Seeds and All
8 minutes ago, All Music said:

What happened with me is the I made an offer to a buyer who had an item of mine on his watchlist. We came to an agreement and Saturday past the sale was concluded. However this morning while going through the music CD category I just happened to see that the same item was still listed and had not been taken off when the sale was made. Don't know why that would be but if items are being sold through make an offer on auction but still appearing as available on bob that will cause problems.

Yes, from my understanding, that is correct. This bodes well for Bid or Buy. If you sell it a second time, they get double the commission. As per 4.2.3. of the agreement you entered into with them you cannot get your commission back on out of stock items. You will probably also get a negative rating from the buyer. This tool had the potential to be great. I believe it remains mainly underutilized due to poor execution.

Maverick

I dont know why BoB bothers with a forum that they take no part in.

Emails that I send to their dept heads are also just ignored.......what happened to the days when we used to get an annual awards dinner in each region?

Now its just SCREW the seller for as much as possible.