Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

BOB IS CHARGING DUPLICATE FEES ON MULTIPLE ORDERS!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

This has been raised on another platform with the new fee increases but i feel this topic needs exposure as many sellers do not seem to be aware of this problem andBOB has no idea or intention to fix it?

ANY multiple order that has been paid with a single payment to BOB,whether bob eft,cc ,voucher etc has been charged duplicated fees and these can double the fees that we sellers have been paying.

The recommendation that we advise helpdesk is a waste of time as my queries were escalated to finance department and after a week all i was advised is that the fees i have paid are fees applicable to my charges??wtf-thats saying where bob is concerned 1 +1 =3 .

It seems the staff have no idea of this hapening or have been told to ignore these queries,so which is it please BOB

Please advise how u are going to fix this as its needs to be rectified,-all unpaid orders need to be grouped together or we as sellers must be able to send an invoice with one total to be paid like we can on ebay-BOB is charging ebay commsions but not giving us the facilities

please respond as i am not writing off my excess DUPLICATED FEES due to bob limitations to handle these queiries effectively.

And dont recommend not combining orders over a period because we do this to save postage costs for our buyers and also many buyers are salaried workers only able to pay at month end after buying during the month so we try and make it easier for them to purchase,but BOB seems to make things so difficult to turn a small profit.

and seperate eft payment on each order do cost money,most account holders do not have free internet banking and these efts can cost R7-R8.50 PER transaction to effect.

i am surely not the only seller with this problem??

neil

• Upvote 2

Little Miss Muffet

Can you give us an example of what you mean by this post

Thanks

Little Miss Muffet

Never mind Neil I saw your explanation on your other post

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I would really like a reply on this situation and what BOB is doing to resolve this,i have another 2 orders where this has happened again even after advising buyers to make seperate payments ,we are ignored as usual .

As i said before i cannot be only seller this happens to so BOB must be sitting on lots of duplicated fees from sellers.

Please advise anyone at bob??is there a solution to stopping this happening??

neil

• Upvote 1

Seeds and All

David & Johan... Your public silence on this matter is concerning to say the least. I too have only received lip service regarding this issue and how you plan to fix it. Out of desperation I am not renewing any paid for ads till we receive a satisfactory solution from BoB. Please do tell us, here on the forum, if and how you are going to address this issue. Regardless of the fact that I reported it in March I have not received a credit for the instance where a buyer made one payment for multiple orders... I have more coming and have even more issues where buyers have placed multiple orders and added shipping to each order but only paid one shipping fee in the end. So many issues with the FOVF and yet so little response from BoB.

Little Miss Muffet

Sometimes buyers put orders through and add postage then I realize they live near enough to save on postage and can collect the order.

The fees has been charged so I just post it to avoid the hassle of reclaiming the charge on postage.

Sad for the buyer

• Upvote 1

Johan

Where most sellers experience issues with the final order value fees are where buyers check out multiple orders individually which would then have a charge attached to it in the form of success fees and final order value fees. The buyer then goes and make one payment on one of the orders paying for everything in one go on one order. This then shows a big over payment on one of the orders which would attract a bigger final order value fee than expected becuase of the value of the payment processed. 

So far we have been dealing with the issue by giving users credits where it get reported to us and where we can see that it is one payment that is made for multiple orders. 

The answer at the moment is to tell buyers to pay on each order that they check out and if they make a bulk payment to let us know so that we can assist you with the fees charged on the orders. 

Seeds and All

It is unrealistic to expect sellers to contact you for every issue like this. Yesterday I spent 30 minutes trying to convince Laurence in your finance department that I am not trying to steal R 18.81 from you. I called from my mobile so you can imagine how much that cost me. Expecting buyers to make multiple payments for one delivery is madness. Buyers will simply buy somewhere less complicated.

• Upvote 1

ATA STAMP CENTRE
15 minutes ago, Johan said:

Where most sellers experience issues with the final order value fees are where buyers check out multiple orders individually which would then have a charge attached to it in the form of success fees and final order value fees. The buyer then goes and make one payment on one of the orders paying for everything in one go on one order. This then shows a big over payment on one of the orders which would attract a bigger final order value fee than expected becuase of the value of the payment processed. 

So far we have been dealing with the issue by giving users credits where it get reported to us and where we can see that it is one payment that is made for multiple orders. 

The answer at the moment is to tell buyers to pay on each order that they check out and if they make a bulk payment to let us know so that we can assist you with the fees charged on the orders. 

That is how it should work,but....your helpdesk escalates to finance department and they then inform us the fees are correct as charged so there is  a breakdown in communications somewhere as my tickets were closed with NO CREDIT!!

NEIL

• Upvote 2

ATA STAMP CENTRE
2 minutes ago, Seeds and All said:

It is unrealistic to expect sellers to contact you for every issue like this. Yesterday I spent 30 minutes trying to convince Laurence in your finance department that I am not trying to steal R 18.81 from you. I called from my mobile so you can imagine how much that cost me. Expecting buyers to make multiple payments for one delivery is madness. Buyers will simply buy somewhere less complicated.

I agree,totally and eft cost to buyers are high if you dont have free services..

• Upvote 1

Seeds and All
4 minutes ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

That is how it should work,but....your helpdesk escalates to finance department and they then inform us the fees are correct as charged so there is  a breakdown in communications somewhere as my tickets were closed with NO CREDIT!!

NEIL

Exactly. This is beyond frustrating.

Seeds and All

From having a convenient paperless system we are now forced to make notes everywhere. Sellers I suggest that you scrutinize every order to ensure BoB does not take what they are not due.

StorminaTcup
On 5/17/2018 at 7:43 AM, Seeds and All said:

From having a convenient paperless system we are now forced to make notes everywhere. Sellers I suggest that you scrutinize every order to ensure BoB does not take what they are not due.

I read this post and found exactly the same thing.  In fact Bidorbuy contacted me to change the shipping method for a buyer who lives on a farm from courier to postnet.

The assurance was given that the buyer would be credited R59 and the fees charged on the R59 would be credited to me.

Now instead I have to prove that the item was sent with PostNet and have to waste time and money on the phone arguing with Bob over R5!!!!! Guess how much the call will cost!

I have already started selling in other avenues with success and when others follow suit maybe Bidorbuy will OPEN THEIR EARS AND START LISTENING TO SELLERS

But speaking of fees, did you know that advertising is now deducted off your available balance immediately? Even if your ad opens in 2 weeks time or more?

This is new and Bidorbuy now makes interest off your money in advance.

Nice going Bob.

Keep "stealing" from us.

We appreciate it.

Seeds and All
18 hours ago, StorminaTcup said:

But speaking of fees, did you know that advertising is now deducted off your available balance immediately? Even if your ad opens in 2 weeks time or more?

@Johan Can you please confirm if this is true. If so, what happens when you decide to no longer run that ad and delete it before the opening date? 

Seeds and All
On 5/20/2018 at 1:07 PM, StorminaTcup said:

This term when listing an ad with optional enhancements is clear. "Optional enhancement fees will be charged when your item opens."

To my understanding, if you list an item for sale in a Crazy Wednesday, Snap Friday or Weekend Specials you will be charged the advertising fees immediately as you get exposure in those spots immediately. Those items are available for viewing in advance.