DaveDave2013

New SNC Process

StorminaTcup

A New Twist to the SNC process

I have had a buyer recently bid on 2 similar items and win one.

He paid and took delivery of the item but did not like the one that he paid for.

He then turned around and contacted Bidorbuy asking for a refund including the shipping.

The buyer took 4 pictures of the item upside down and said it did not look like the picture in the auction. (see pics below and decide if you would snc. I think he does not like the engraving on the underside of the ring which looks much nicer in reality. THE REAL REASON)

Bidorbuy  entertained the insane claim and contacted me and is now trying to pressure a refund for the buyer including the shipping they paid.

So twice in one week 2 totally different and ridiculous claims are being forced down my throat to snc the sale.

Once again a final order fee will be charged and Bidorbuy keeps the advertising and final order fee,  and looks forward to new advertising fee of R60 to sell it again.

Its win win for Bidorbuy and sellers must just take it.

Well I have other places to list too.

We don't have to take it, and when sellers take all their current customers with them, then it will hurt Bidorbuy.

We are telling them this, keep telling them.

This current arrogance to sellers will lead to a large loss in customer base.

Exactly what they don't want, but are too pigheaded to see.

444118_141025111227_WEDDING_RING_SET_ACCWP_20180411_18_06_38_Pro.thumb.jpg.fa546104e997b36d1d34ceb7ad582fc2.jpg

Bsmart

I think Bid or Buy while trying to improve their platform does not really consider their sellers which also depend on them but also keeps the site running.

Many sellers are unhappy about the increased rates, which is affecting  many sellers.  That aside the new system seems to favor the buyer.

Here are some suggestions.

• Set a limit for buyers to get automatically blocked who waste sellers time by bidding on 10+ items and don't bother to pay.
  • We have take time to communicate to buyer that don't respond, file SNC's then have to relist the items. 
  • Do you know how much time sellers pend having to do this????
  • Create a system where the buyers can select not to do business with buyers with x amount of negative ratings in a month or block them by default
  • We don't get refunded for paid listings that buyers don't pay

While I understand you are trying to improve the system for all parties involved it has let sellers like me to start exploring other alternatives because while sort of dependent on BOB for a passive income it has become more work, frustration, more time and more money than anything else.

You should definitely not place more value on your buyers in matters such as these. You have terms and conditions that everyone must adhere to.  Here's a valid point -

What if sellers decide not to go through with selling an auction item that was sold for less then what they paid for????????  

Buyers should be treated the same as sellers.  If you need further reasons why this system is not working consider this:

• Buyers and sellers are supposed to read the terms before you join the site
  • You don't bid on items if you don't have money
  • You contact a seller before the auction close if you want to cancel a transaction

Anyway, just my 2 cents, but I highly doubt that there will be improvements many sellers suggest.  

MiemsJewels

I don't see why we should wait longer for a refund if a buyer's ratings look like this and his account is disabled.snc.thumb.JPG.2a802d1d07b43b6ba70b35555d495399.JPG

Digitalgr8ness

hi all 

i can agree with most here ,  this new snc process is totally  ridiculous  i have clients  making up lies and my case is not heard  and then i am billed  even after i get bullied into refunding even if it was client is at fault. this new process makes it way harder and much more effort to state your case and they always seems to just take the buyers side.  i went through the long   process of disputing the snc,  week has passed no reply , so i can tell you  sellers get ready for much more  losses. 

example  trend lately buyers  buy item  even receive it then see it somewhere on BOB cheaper returns it comes up with a lie then buys from another seller and im out of pocket

or like what happened recently client buys  items stuffs it up  not reading instructions waits 10 days then makes up a fable of part is faulty returns it part is tested nothing wrong then i am bullied and forced to refund becoming ridiculous and then they take buyer side on snc , they are not interested in hearing the facts just takes clients  word ,  i might as well just sit and refund all day and type snc that is waste of time  make no profit 

this new process spells big losses for sellers as i said i have tested trying too defend the snc and no reply !!!

• Upvote 1

Digitalgr8ness

and i forgot to mention , BOB takes buyers word you are stuck with an unfair snc and unfair rating also,   client can make up a fake story to get refund and then stick you with a  bad rating that you also cannot defend

• Upvote 1

MiemsJewels

My post still "hidden" after 4 hours? Why??

JANDS
3 hours ago, MiemsJewels said:

My post still "hidden" after 4 hours? Why??

They care little Miems.

JANDS
8 hours ago, MiemsJewels said:

I don't see why we should wait longer for a refund if a buyer's ratings look like this and his account is disabled.snc.thumb.JPG.2a802d1d07b43b6ba70b35555d495399.JPG

There was a time when this would not have been an issue.  

JANDS

Interesting now that our content has to be passed by a moderator.

admin

Hi Jands,

There was a post about this on 20/04/2017. 

Kind regards

Andries

timeplex systems

The SNC process definitely needs to be relooked at especially that sometimes I have to wait 14 Days to be refunded the success fee because some buyers don't even bother to reply to SNCs and it hurts when its high value item and the success fee is quite a lot.

Why are people like this guy still allowed to buy order stuff?

IMG_3351.jpg

StorminaTcup

It certainly took a long time for this topic to be reopened for comment.

Looks like it got a little hot for ADMIN.

I am wondering if any of you other sellers are having problems when a buyer turns around and says they have paid and your snc is immediately rejected?

Its fascinating how this is being enforced by BoB with no proof from the buyer.

It now falls on the seller to prove that no payment was made directly to them.

Will we now be forced to provide statements of our own bank accounts to Bidorbuy?

What a load of ..........!

Jewel Traders

how do I change a negative rating to positive ... cant find anyway how to do that

Decor King

There needs to be a buffer zone between buyer and seller from the time the order is placed to when it is paid in full. Seller should only receive a notification that an order has been placed for a specific item and the stock level must adjust automatically, nothing more (no contact details sharing between seller or buyer) until the order is either paid in full or the 7 day period has lapsed without payment at which point the deal must simply fall away and the item must be released back into stock immediately. Total anonymity in the buffer zone.  Success fees should be charged once the order is paid. SNC's will only be filed in special circumstances which require explanations from either buyer or seller. This will cut down on unnecessary SNC's and silly disputes.

Darth Penguin
On 5/16/2018 at 8:29 AM, Jewel Traders said:

how do I change a negative rating to positive ... cant find anyway how to do that

Hi,

We have been made aware of this issue before and it is on our backlog to get it fixed. Please see this thread: 

• Upvote 1

MiemsJewels

Dear Bidorbuy

How on earth can you retract a SNC because the buyer said she DID pay, while she DID NOT pay. Please then check on your system if payment was indeed done. 

Regards

Miems

SNC retracted.JPG

Edited by MiemsJewels
  • Upvote 1

Deonrick

did the client use the correct reference number?

then she did pay, but just not  you. HAHA

StorminaTcup

Has anyone else taken time to check sncs that you thought were filed and your commission refunded?

I found 5 where the snc's were retracted and Bob took their commission.

I tried to find the notifications that alert you to a disputed snc and guess what..........

NO NOTIFICATIONS!!!!!!

But my money was taken

Nice, very Nice for Bob

If I had not checked I would just have lost some more money

You start to wonder about the overall honesty on all charges

johs01

Question. Why don't you only ask your commision when the client actually pays? Everywhere it works like this except at BOB.
Look at the attached picture. I'm selling Smartphones from time to time on BOB and for each phone, I sell I will probably get between 3 -5 people who just place the order and hope I deliver without payment.
The moment I get a sale and it is a "User" with "no Ratings" I know this is someone taking a chance. Then I must wait 2 weeks for the commission being charged to be refunded.

This does not even take into account that each time a Paid for listing gets sold to a scammer I lose all the Listings Fees I paid. Even if the phone was listed for less than 24 hours.

Edited by admin
Removed image as it displays users email addresses

DiamondsForever SA

Is there not something bidorbuy can do regarding Enhancement fees lost. As it stands we have R60 000 in non payments resulting in over R1500 losses in enhancement fees. Cant we get at least get a parcial rebate? Cant keep doing business like this.. bidorbuy is always paid. We suffer the losses. And keeping in mind the high commission fees we have to pay aswell.

Jackyg7

Seriously BoB why do buyers get up to 14 days before an SNC can be finalised surely this can be reduced especially if the seller states payment within 48 hours after auction has closed? Such a waste of time & patience 

• Like 1

TradeRouteAuctions
On 11/4/2019 at 8:05 AM, Jackys Creations said:

Seriously BoB why do buyers get up to 14 days before an SNC can be finalised surely this can be reduced especially if the seller states payment within 48 hours after auction has closed? Such a waste of time & patience 

Sometimes it goes even beyond, buyer responds / appeals to SNC saying they are planning to pay and they are given further time and still doesn't pay.

We are forced to keep the item for over 15 days and end up losing the selling opportunity during that period.

• Like 3

TradeRouteAuctions
On 11/6/2018 at 8:48 AM, DiamondsForever SA said:

Is there not something bidorbuy can do regarding Enhancement fees lost. As it stands we have R60 000 in non payments resulting in over R1500 losses in enhancement fees. Cant we get at least get a parcial rebate? Cant keep doing business like this.. bidorbuy is always paid. We suffer the losses. And keeping in mind the high commission fees we have to pay aswell.

We also lose thousands of Rands every month in lost enhancement fees. I am even afraid to enhance many listings with home page / premium enhancements,  afraid of losing those R 50s and R 100s due to non paying one timers

• Like 3

TradeRouteAuctions
On 6/7/2018 at 12:25 PM, StorminaTcup said:

Has anyone else taken time to check sncs that you thought were filed and your commission refunded?

I found 5 where the snc's were retracted and Bob took their commission.

I tried to find the notifications that alert you to a disputed snc and guess what..........

NO NOTIFICATIONS!!!!!!

But my money was taken

Nice, very Nice for Bob

If I had not checked I would just have lost some more money

You start to wonder about the overall honesty on all charges

Checking the account once every week or two is best to avoid this situation of wrongful SNC reversals.