Allstar

bobBucks bought with Credit Card are not instantly avail - Bidorbuy still in the stoneage?

Allstar
Posted (edited)

I bought some bobBucks with my Credit Card tonight only to discover an order paid with creditcard is not cleared immediately, it's subject to approval by a Bidorbuy staff member which will only be done the next business day if purchased on a weekend/public holiday or after hours.

Considering Bidorbuy has had this big update with the fee structure to ensure we all move with the times in terms of the payment types we accept and to encourage people to make purchases on Bidorbuy it is surprising that I now stumble onto this aspect where Bidorbuy themselves is still stuck in the stoneage in terms of accepting payments.

I have bought vouchers from Takealot/Loot and a few others using credit card and the vouchers are always available virtually immediately - so doing so is standard industry practise.

What gives Bidorbuy?

Edited by Allstar

admin

Hi Allstar,

As per the bobBucks listings description. "Payment via bobPay EFT or Cash Deposit (credit card payments accepted at our discretion and may be subject to verification of details)" This would be because we are pro active regarding credit card fraud.

"bidorbuy vouchers could take up to 48 hours to be issued during the week. Gift cards purchased on weekends or public holidays, will be issued the following working day as soon as payment has been confirmed." This would be because many users buy bobBucks as gifts to someone else and that can not be issued automatically. 

Kind regards

Andries

Allstar
On 4/9/2018 at 8:36 PM, admin said:

Hi Allstar,

As per the bobBucks listings description. "Payment via bobPay EFT or Cash Deposit (credit card payments accepted at our discretion and may be subject to verification of details)" This would be because we are pro active regarding credit card fraud.

"bidorbuy vouchers could take up to 48 hours to be issued during the week. Gift cards purchased on weekends or public holidays, will be issued the following working day as soon as payment has been confirmed." This would be because many users buy bobBucks as gifts to someone else and that can not be issued automatically. 

Kind regards

Andries

Hi Andries

Bidorbuy is a big organisation, you guys must have more sophisticated risk management than a human processing each creditcard transaction one by one?

That was the point of me bringing this up, every other online store that I have dealt with issue their giftcards immediately after payment with credit card, except Bidorbuy.

Why would people giving bobBucks as gifts in particular mean the giftcards can't be issued automatically?

Regards