Sign in to follow this  
MarGad9950

shipping a book from Northern Cape to France

MarGad9950
Posted (edited)

Hi,

This is the first time I use bid or buy because I want to buy a book I can't find anywhere else for a reasonable price. In "shipping & payment" it is written that the shipping method is "SA Post Office Registered Mail" and the shipping details are "R60.00 for the first item". I live in France and I'm used to buy things from the US and the UK on other websites. Usually when I write that I'm from France in the shipping informations the shipping price change to a higher price and I can choose different shipping options. But when I try to buy this book from bidorbuy even if I try with different countries, the shipping price is always R60.00. How do I know how much it will really cost ? Anyone knows approximately how much the shipping would cost ?

Edited by MarGad9950

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I suggest u send a question to the seller if he ships internationally and then if he does he can quote u on the shipping cost,as it will be per weight and it goes up per 100 gr at a time,so the seller will be able to give u the shipping cost,provided he ships international.

neil

• Upvote 1

MarGad9950

Okay thank you for answering

BABADAUD

Shipping for a book to France:

Small books by small packet air mail = R40.00 per 100g (up to 2Kg) & registration of R36.95

Books by parcel post = R222.30 rate per parcel +R18.35 per 100g

An average book of +/- 1kg will cost about R400.00 

Registered small packet is preferable as it is a secure service whilst parcel post has no special security & is extremely heavy duty and rough.

Tracking of both parcels and registered by SAPO is shoddy and unreliable despite the high costs.

SAPO customer service and response to enquiries is non-existent.

Make sure you pay by PayPal to protect your purchase money.

You might pay as the invoice suggests R60.00.

I warrant that the seller will very quickly contact you if the thing is more than 100gms in weight.

• Upvote 1