Sign in to follow this  
elzettee

AT MY WITS END - TERRIBLE CUSTOMER CARE

elzettee

I recently made three separate purchases in short succession from the same seller, but shortly after completing my last purchase payment, I realised that the seller was not going to make good on the sale or that it is possibly a con artist / scam. (the sellers reviews and sales history looked fine at first glance, but upon some further investigation and soon after my payment - it became apparent that other buyers were quickly starting to complain as well)

I immediately contacted BOB customer care to explain my concern regarding all three orders and requested that my funds be placed on hold and not be released to the seller as I suspected fraud. Currently I am abroad in the UK and have been on the phone at great expense only to be given the run around. Although I have requested the written confirmation of the funds being placed on hold on numerous occasions - I have not managed to get such. I have phoned every day since the 13th of February to ascertain what can be done to instruct a reversal. By the 19th of Feb, as a consequence of my expressing my frustrations, I was finally given the instruction to do an online ticket request for a reversal.  Then on the 21st of Feb I am being told that only one order may be approved for reversal and that the other two orders will require me to put in a buyer protection claim as the seller has requested a payout and is uncontactable.

So now I would like to understand...... : the assurance was given that my funds are in the BOB accounts and that the buyer cannot gain access to it - neither BOB nor myself can make contact with the buyer, and as for all the negative ratings they have received from the other buyers it is clear that the person is not delivering on the sales.  

If according to BOB the monies are with them  - they can clearly see that there is a problem, and the seller's lines of communication are dead in the water other than them trying to get my money from BOB, why should I be satisfied with only being reimbursed a maximum or R2000 on a combined R11000 transaction?????!!!! I contacted them in advance to avoid loosing the monies. I am not at all satisfied with the way this has been handled. It should be investigated properly and adequate proof should be requested from the seller - BUT the all too easy way out of offering a buyer a dismal buyers protection reimbursement seems to be very convenient and definitley in favour of BOB and the fraudulent seller. NOT ETHICAL AT ALL!!!! 

As a buyer it would seem that all the protection is in favour of the seller and BOB, with SNC's that can be instituted and the dismal buyer protection that is offered. The very reason for using BOP is to avoid all the pitfalls of other sites such as gumtree, olx and the like. 

Really not satisfied - and not willing accept less than a reversal.

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 7.35.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 7.37.00 PM.png

elzettee

And just as a matter of interest - I have have sent an email after the BOB reply regarding the protection claim with no answer, after which I again phoned today to be told that it would be investigated further and that there would be a follow-up with me in writing / email by close of business today. NO correspondence has been received ..... just as I suspected would be the case. 

StefanoM

That is very worrying. I am about to purchase a R 23000.00 PC but it seems if seller chooses to disappear if I'm lucky I will get R 2000.00 back. 

Thanks for bringing this up. Obviously I will never purchase this PC from BOB