The Watch World

Clarification required from BoB regarding the ludicrous new fee structure

kebs

Quick question.. If the buyer doesn't have to pay a cash deposit fee anymore, who pays it now?

kebs
On 2/20/2018 at 12:10 AM, Allstar said:

That is insane, that's honest sellers now being heavily penalized, courier fees are expensive there is nothing you can do about it.

People I hate to break it to you but But Bidorbuy/Johan/Andries don't give a rats ass what you think or what your opinion is.

You would better serve your time banging your head against a wall than trying to get some sense or logic out of them.

Typically you'll get some nonsensical reply and then radio silence, or perhaps a last sorry this matter is closed bye bye...

Look at the thread below which I started recently, textbook Bidorbuy support, they answer your question without actually addressing the concern that motivated you to bring up the issue.

They'll repeatedly ignore it, if you try push it further then there'll generally be no further reply, as we have seen on this thread.

I've raised my concern 4 times so far in the thread, lets see if Andries bothers to reply with something meaningful.

Andries does not have a say in these matters, please don't drag him into this like that.

Allstar
6 minutes ago, kebs said:

Quick question.. If the buyer doesn't have to pay a cash deposit fee anymore, who pays it now?

You do, its now included in the commissions you pay including credit card fees, whether you are utilizing those payment options or not you are paying a significant premuim for them on the commissions you pay on all sales.

2 minutes ago, kebs said:

Andries does not have a say in these matters, please don't drag him into this like that.

Andries is free to respond to threads and be proactive in engaging with us, something which neither Johan nor he typically does.

I'm not directing those comments at Andries or Johan in their personal capacities but rather their capacities representing Bidorbuy in this forums.

For instance as many have mentioned during this discussion where's Johan, he's replied 2 or 3 times to this thread and we are now on page 7?

• Upvote 1

kebs
9 minutes ago, Allstar said:

You do, its now included in the commissions you pay including credit card fees, whether you are utilizing those payment options or not you are paying a significant premuim for them on the commissions you pay on all sales.

Andries is free to respond to threads and be proactive in engaging with us, something which neither Johan nor he typically does.

I'm not directing those comments at Andries or Johan in their personal capacities but rather their capacities representing Bidorbuy in this forums.

For instance as many have mentioned during this discussion where's Johan, he's replied 2 or 3 times to this thread and we are now on page 7?

Perhaps Andries is unable to speak on BoB's behalf, just saying.. Not impressed that I have to pay cash deposit fees. I will be putting in my listings that I don't accept these anymore then. Sorry BoB, but will be increasing my postage costs if you're going to be "taxing"them..

Allstar
21 minutes ago, kebs said:

Perhaps Andries is unable to speak on BoB's behalf, just saying.. Not impressed that I have to pay cash deposit fees. I will be putting in my listings that I don't accept these anymore then. Sorry BoB, but will be increasing my postage costs if you're going to be "taxing"them..

Unfortunately the new "integrated" fee structure is non negotiable, you pay the same level of fee's as if you were receiving the most expensive payment types like credit card even if you are only receiving or accepting EFT/Bobpay EFT for your orders.

Whether people pay via cash deposit or eft you will still pay the same enormously increased fees.

kebs
50 minutes ago, Allstar said:

Unfortunately the new "integrated" fee structure is non negotiable, you pay the same level of fee's as if you were receiving the most expensive payment types like credit card even if you are only receiving or accepting EFT/Bobpay EFT for your orders.

Whether people pay via cash deposit or eft you will still pay the same enormously increased fees.

Everyone will just increase their costs to cover the new fees.. So buyers will lose out. But I'm not paying for cash deposit fees, I will make buyers aware somehow that I don't accept cash deposits then. Thankfully I don't have many cash deposits & don't sell much here anymore - there are other far cheaper options/platforms out there to sell on.

Deonrick
2 hours ago, kebs said:

Included in the newest fee structure.

On BobPay EFT

Deonrick
1 hour ago, kebs said:

Everyone will just increase their costs to cover the new fees.. So buyers will lose out. But I'm not paying for cash deposit fees, I will make buyers aware somehow that I don't accept cash deposits then. Thankfully I don't have many cash deposits & don't sell much here anymore - there are other far cheaper options/platforms out there to sell on.

The more you charge,  the more  they take. Cannot escape it. 

Cash deposit is a "Free" BOBPAY method., you cannot reject it. 

We are looking for more platforms

ATA STAMP CENTRE
1 hour ago, kebs said:

Buyers are not stupid,they will not lose out,they will simply stop buying if the cost of the item with inflated postage is not econimically viable to purchase,they will look elsewhere and then we the sellers will lose out and ultimately BOB will lose out as income they trying to increase will shrink due to less sales.

No winners in this situation ,but what is incredible is that this is not foreseen!!!

• Upvote 1

Asha Craft
34 minutes ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

Buyers are not stupid,they will not lose out,they will simply stop buying if the cost of the item with inflated postage is not econimically viable to purchase,they will look elsewhere and then we the sellers will lose out and ultimately BOB will lose out as income they trying to increase will shrink due to less sales.

No winners in this situation ,but what is incredible is that this is not foreseen!!!

I can not fathom why Bidorbuy or whoever represents Bidorbuy for that matter, will not take part in this thread. WE KNOW YOU ARE READING IT!

• Like 2

ATA STAMP CENTRE

MUSHROOMS

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE
  • Haha 1

Johan

We do note the comments on this thread.  Where there are misconceptions and misunderstandings we are looking to update the help section on the site to make certain things more clear.  We have also had quite a number of interactions in the form of phone calls and emails with quite a few participants on this thread to assist them and to answer the questions that they have had. In most cases the interaction was positive and informative as we could give them assistance on a personal basis around issues that would affect their individual situations. 

That being said, we reiterate that the main reason for the change in the fee structure is to make it easier for sellers and buyers to trade with each other. In order to breakdown these barriers we have taken the decision to scrap the individual payment processing fees (Cash deposit, Credit Card, Mobicred, etc.) and to charge a transaction fee based on the total value of the transaction. The transaction fee will be made up of a success fee which is calculated on the category that the item is sold in and a Final Order Value Fee on any additional amounts charged. This to encourage users to make use of all the payment methods offered, to structure offerings in a simpler way and to be more accessible to customers.  

We do believe that these changes will be for the benefit of the marketplace especially for users who already make use of multiple payment options. And as stated earlier in the thread that in some cases the fees on transactions will actually be decreased. 

We understand that change is uncomfortable and that is why to a large extent we have decided to engage with users through our customer service channels and not to get involved in arguments on the forum. Especially in cases where sales figures and payment types have been adjusted to suit the argument and not necessarily their reality or getting into arguments on a user's own interpretations of South African law.  We steered clear of these arguments as we did not believe that it would be helpful or be to the benefit of the conversation in this thread. 

In closing: If you wish to voice your opinion about this change and discuss it with other users on the platform you are more than welcome to do so on the forum, because that it what forums are meant for. If you have specific questions about issues you need clarity on then I would urge you to get in touch with our support team so that we can assist you on an individual basis. 

• Haha 3

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Every year on budget day taxes are increased ,but every year income derived from the taxes becomes less.Why is that?because people become less compliant,tax base shrinks due to people losing jobs as businesses go under due to non profitablity linked to high taxes and shrinking economy.

Simple lesson again yesterday on budget day

Here is small exercise on last night crazy wed auction

SALES R3241-OLD COMM PAYABLE R162 PLUS other payment methods fees R44.90(the clients that normally pay cc,snapscan etc are a total R898 OF MY SALES

TOTAL OLD COMM PAYABLE AND COSTS=R206.90

NEW FEE STUCTURE-NEW COMMISSION R234.00 PLUS COMM ON POSTAGE R79(25 ORDERS AT REGISTER POST R50(THE R50 includes new post office charges and additional to cover bob new commsision(up from the R40 normally charged for register post)

total fees payable ON NEW STRUCTURE R313.00

R206.90 VERSUS R313.00-INCREASE R106.10=50% INCREASE IN FEES-

And thats just me,a little ,minor stamp seller,but a regular contributer to BOBS coffers,always on site trading only and sticking to the rules and ethics,unlike many others that do offsite deals and auctions etc using clients they obtained through bob.There must be many other sellers who will be paying more than me in fees and i doubt there are any savings for any seller here,so no amount of spin doctoring can justify these sort of increases.

NOW how can i get a 50% additional mark up on items for sale?not possible,so i cannot see how these fees are justified .

Sorry i just dont get it,increase yes,but to this extent?

Sellers are going to find more ways to be less compliant,more offsite deals will become the norm,your income base will shrink as per my first lesson on the taxation and this whole exercise will be one of futility.

I shall say no more on this,BOB will bulldoze this through,we shall keep selling until its not viable anymore and then just fade away ,some of our contributions will be missed,some more than others .............

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Deonrick
13 hours ago, johan said:

We do note the comments on this thread.  Where there are misconceptions and misunderstandings we are looking to update the help section on the site to make certain things more clear.  We have also had quite a number of interactions in the form of phone calls and emails with quite a few participants on this thread to assist them and to answer the questions that they have had. In most cases the interaction was positive and informative as we could give them assistance on a personal basis around issues that would affect their individual situations. 

That being said, we reiterate that the main reason for the change in the fee structure is to make it easier for sellers and buyers to trade with each other. In order to breakdown these barriers we have taken the decision to scrap the individual payment processing fees (Cash deposit, Credit Card, Mobicred, etc.) and to charge a transaction fee based on the total value of the transaction. The transaction fee will be made up of a success fee which is calculated on the category that the item is sold in and a Final Order Value Fee on any additional amounts charged. This to encourage users to make use of all the payment methods offered, to structure offerings in a simpler way and to be more accessible to customers.  

We do believe that these changes will be for the benefit of the marketplace especially for users who already make use of multiple payment options. And as stated earlier in the thread that in some cases the fees on transactions will actually be decreased. 

We understand that change is uncomfortable and that is why to a large extent we have decided to engage with users through our customer service channels and not to get involved in arguments on the forum. Especially in cases where sales figures and payment types have been adjusted to suit the argument and not necessarily their reality or getting into arguments on a user's own interpretations of South African law.  We steered clear of these arguments as we did not believe that it would be helpful or be to the benefit of the conversation in this thread. 

In closing: If you wish to voice your opinion about this change and discuss it with other users on the platform you are more than welcome to do so on the forum, because that it what forums are meant for. If you have specific questions about issues you need clarity on then I would urge you to get in touch with our support team so that we can assist you on an individual basis. 

Thanks Johan, Just a pity that the CC staff only hand out David Berry's email, and not yours. 

I have been waiting a week now for clarity on 13 questions that were sent through to upper managements attention. So your request to interact with help desk, does not bring about results either. 

As you have implied, this is going through, no matter who says or does what. it is actually a shame, as if there was actual interaction with users (sellers who generate the income for BoB) beforehand, there would have been a solution to this entire, unpleasant issue. That would have ensured a mutually beneficial outcome for the future of BoB and Sellers....... 

Only time will tell what the future holds for BoB and Sellers.

Please advise further.

Regards

Asha Craft

Since the new fee announcement, I've already dropped down from average 20-25 listings every Crazy wednesday, every Snap friday and every weekend auction, down to 6-10 each. It's not worth it anymore. So to save on these insane increases in commission, I will save on enhancement fees. It should save me atleast R10000 per month.

• Like 1

ATA STAMP CENTRE
54 minutes ago, Asha Craft said:

Since the new fee announcement, I've already dropped down from average 20-25 listings every Crazy wednesday, every Snap friday and every weekend auction, down to 6-10 each. It's not worth it anymore. So to save on these insane increases in commission, I will save on enhancement fees. It should save me atleast R10000 per month.

Correct,same here,my listing fees are actually more than success fees and have been since i started selling on BOB

We will have to look at savings and thats the place to save,fortunately for sellers like us,we have a regular customer base built up over the years through excellent service and pricing so our buyers will look at our listings with or without enhancements,but we will obciously miss out on attracting new buyers with fewer enhancements,but the savings will be necessary.

So at the end of the day,if most sellers seriously look at these costs,and decrease enhancements etc WHERE IS THE BOB EXTRA INCOME?

And i may only be small contributer at moment but in years past i used to average R60 K  a month and even did R100K PER MONTH occasionally on stamp sales and coins as well,when i contributed hugely to building my category platform that many new sellers now use for their sales,with a monthly contribution to BOB of between 8k and 12k per month,BUT THESE FEES DO NOT INCENTIVISE ONE TO TRY AND ATTAIN THOSE SALES ANYMORE so BOB is the big loser here!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ATA STAMP CENTRE

And as DEONRICK states we are not knocking BOB,merely trying to give a meaningful contribution the the longevity of BOB,

• Like 1

Johan
1 hour ago, Deonrick said:

Thanks Johan, Just a pity that the CC staff only hand out David Berry's email, and not yours. 

I have been waiting a week now for clarity on 13 questions that were sent through to upper managements attention. So your request to interact with help desk, does not bring about results either. 

As you have implied, this is going through, no matter who says or does what. it is actually a shame, as if there was actual interaction with users (sellers who generate the income for BoB) beforehand, there would have been a solution to this entire, unpleasant issue. That would have ensured a mutually beneficial outcome for the future of BoB and Sellers....... 

Only time will tell what the future holds for BoB and Sellers.

Please advise further.

Regards

This is strange Deonrick, because we are currently speaking to each other on a ticket where you have submitted an blank PAIA request form wanting to obtain bidorbuy's financials. I think it is fair to expect that when you request information that you complete the application form prescribed by law, before you accuse us of not engaging with you. I would add to this that it would also be a good idea to go and read the act because it is very clear in the type of information you can request and what information is not available. 

We have addressed your questions through the customer service portal and we have engaged with you in the past week regarding your listing practices used to vent your frustration. In your questions we might not have given you the answers that you want to hear like for instance giving you free listing coupons as you requested or advertising more on Jackaranda FM, but we are engaging with you. 

As for dealing with David: He is more than capable to assist you in this matter and most of the users that have dealt with him before on various issue I am sure would attest to this. 

I think we need to move forward from this and if you wish to engage in a meaningful way we are here. 

• Like 1

Little Miss Muffet

Hi Johan

While you are around could you please tell me if someone pays with a Bitcoin do I get credited with the bitcoin or do you keep the bitcoin and give me the equivalent in cash

• Like 1

Johan
2 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

Hi Johan

While you are around could you please tell me if someone pays with a Bitcoin do I get credited with the bitcoin or do you keep the bitcoin and give me the equivalent in cash

The bitcoin payments are processed through an exchange and you receive the Rand amount for the transaction. 

This means that you do not have to open a bitcoin wallet and you are also not open to the volatility of the Bitcoin exchange rate. 

• Like 1

rank32

hi

i think the new fees are outragious , dont bidorbuy realise that we are actually there customers ! , they didnt even ask us to approve or vote on

the new fees structure ! , if they are going to treat us like this they could lose us as clients .

:40_rage:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

rank32

Im not sure if their way of charging vat twice on 1 order is actually legal !?? , someone should check with the consumer council of SA .

Seeds for Africa
34 minutes ago, rank32 said:

Im not sure if their way of charging vat twice on 1 order is actually legal !?? , someone should check with the consumer council of SA .

That is an interesting point. My company is a vat vendor. All prices listed on bidorbuy are inclusive of VAT. 

If I sell something for R100, I realise R 86.00 and R14.00 which is VAT is handed over to the receiver of revenue. How can I be charged a commission by bidorbuy on the R14.00 VAT that I am paying to SARS?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Allstar
11 minutes ago, Seeds for Africa said:

That is an interesting point. My company is a vat vendor. All prices listed on bidorbuy are inclusive of VAT. 

If I sell something for R100, I realise R 86.00 and R14.00 which is VAT is handed over to the receiver of revenue. How can I be charged a commission by bidorbuy on the R14.00 VAT that I am paying to SARS?

When you put it that way it is an interesting question, Johan can you address that concern please?

• Like 1