The Watch World

Clarification required from BoB regarding the ludicrous new fee structure

Asha Craft
On 2/13/2018 at 4:03 PM, johan said:

Conclusion:

I do understand that people are in many cases adverse to change and no one is particularly thrilled if they have to pay more for a service. That being said I am sure that most of our users will see the opportunities that are available to them and apply it to their advantage. 

I hope that this has cleared up some of the questions around the changes. 

So exactly which opportunities are available to us sellers and how can we apply them to our advantage? Please do tell

Edited by Asha Craft
  • Like 1

Asha Craft
On 2/13/2018 at 5:55 PM, johan said:

We are not charging Vat on postage. We are charging a fee to process the transaction. Final value fees is also added on when a user overpays on an order where they maybe want 2 items instead of 1 and did not update the order. 

The fee that we Charge is inclusive of VAT. 

I hope it clears it up. 

Lies. The fee you charge is Excluding VAT. It literally says so on your fee increase card. 5.75% plus 14% VAT.

Little Miss Muffet

Not that I agree with it but vat is charged on the commission not on the sale amount plus 14% on postage or am I missing something

I would like Bidorbuy to tell me why there is such a jump in certain categories and not in others. 5,75% in some and 8,75 % in others

Reason please?

Deonrick
7 minutes ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

Not that I agree with it but vat is charged on the commission not on the sale amount plus 14% on postage or am I missing something

I would like Bidorbuy to tell me why there is such a jump in certain categories and not in others. 5,75% in some and 8,75 % in others

Reason please?

Vat is only on the commission part of the Sale value and the Final value (Postage) 

the increase i assume is due to the R value being traded and the amount of winning bids in each catagory

Little Miss Muffet

Antiques are becoming more and more hard to source .We do not have a source to go to when we require more stock

I for one pay R1700.00 per insertion for advertising and have to recoup that before I see a profit.The public are demanding more and more for collectors items because they check prices online.I need to move away from this antique business and have started selling on Takealot to compensate.Bidorbuy are making the most difficult  business category  on Bidorbuy more difficult for us by charging 8,75 %.

Why ?? because these categories have the largest amount of listings

Edited by Little Miss Muffet
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MTsCollectables

Hi Guys,

Although I have been trading as a seller on BoB for a few years, I have only recently joined the forum. Generally trading in Militaria and Antiques.

Not one of the bigger sellers, and not really one for voicing my opinion, but the new rate structure does not leave me much of a choice.

Like most of you, I am not happy with the new rates quoted as effect 1 March 2018, but I do have a few questions:

1)      What is the standard warning period for a price increase? I received my mail from BoB on the 12th of Feb 2018 as I am sure most of us did. This does not even make a full months warning till implementation. Important to note that BoB have not had a yearly increase in fees for at least the last 4 years (As far as I know), so would have expected a bit more warning from their side.

2)      In my listing categories a jump in fees from 5% to 9.975%, basically double, even when not taking into account the new shipping charge. How do you justify this?

3)      Quoting fees excluding vat where your previous rate card had all including. This is misleading and leaves us comparing apples with pears.

4)      Charging a fee on postage and packaging costs? This is a service provided by sellers to their customers and BoB has absolutely no input in this, how can you expect to receive an income for something you have no part in? This is unethical. Then you still charge VAT on top of this charge? Postage already includes VAT. Charging VAT on VAT is fraud, even if only on a portion of it, is it not? 40% of my sales are international with postage ranging from R80 to R6000 (Most expensive parcel I have sent), I can’t afford losing/subsidising 6.555% of this on items I only make a 20% profit.

5)      Listing enhancement fees are unchanged? With all the new charges, you seem to have missed an area?

6)      Listing Fee Rate card (Including Classifieds)? Looks like a sneaky one? This does not fall in my categories, and I don’t know if I am understanding this incorrectly. Let’s use the example of Cell phones and accessories. According to the Listing Fee rate card, all items listed in this category will incur a R50 listing fee weather sold or not. This is over and above the success fees. Does this mean a Cell Phone Charger listed for R30, the buyer would have to pay R50 for listing, R1.97 as a success fee and R3.28 on postage (if R50 was charged on postage)? This is assuming no Listing enhancements were selected? This is worrying as it will only be a matter of time before these Listing fees will be implemented across all categories?

7)      What happens to items sold in February but orders and payments only completed in March? Do these fall under Feb or March fees? I know on my side buyers do not all pay on time.

8)      Payment Fees for various payment options? I don’t know how most of you fellow sellers receive your payments, but I generally have BoB EFT, Cash Deposits and Payment via BoBBucks? The only options quoted on the old rate card as attached to the new rates are: BoBPay Credit Card, Discovery Miles, Bitcoin, Mobicred, Snapscan and SCode. Other than credit card (BoBBucks) I can’t think that I have ever had a request for any of the other as payment option. Saying that the increase is partially due to incorporating these costs into the success fee is a bit ridiculous.

9)      Why are BoB not responding to the mails on the forum, am I not looking in the right places?

10)   The thing that draws people to BoB has always been the affordable rates. With this price increase, I might as well go back to Ebay. BoB will have to do something from their side as losing their sellers is something that will cost them in the long run.

Look, I understand that BoB have to bring in an increase in their fees, but sure wish they would have done so gradually over a period of time and not in one big shot leaving us all in shock. I do hope that they will be listening to their Sellers and hopefully together we can come to some sort of agreement or compromise.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,

Tinus Conradie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Little Miss Muffet

Antiques are becoming more and more hard to source .We do not have a source to go to when we require more stock

I for one pay R1700.00 per insertion for advertising and have to recoup that before I see a profit.The public are demanding more and more for collectors items because they check prices onlineApart from that I have to commute all over the Peninsula for stock .I need to move away from this antique business and have started selling on Takealot to compensate.Bidorbuy are making the most difficult  business category  on Bidorbuy more difficult for us by charging 8,75 %.

Why ?? because these categories have the largest amount of listings

• Like 1

Deonrick
Have sent the following through to BoB yet again..... I have little hope of a result, Even though David Berry said this is the point of the forum, and i should not create a warning auction for my clients regarding these fees.
1. the fee increase is not saving any of the sellers any money. The examples used by Johan on the Forum, assumes that all transactions are completed by a Credit Card. Which is hugely incorrect.
2. Credit cards, Discovery Miles etc, only form about 5 to 10% of our actual payments received. so increasing the fees are only increasing BoB's Income.
3. Shipping commission. This commission makes no sense. why does BoB want money from my packaging materials, my efforts. This is generating a VAT input for their TAX returns. Serves no purpose.
4. The fees are going up, but what are the sellers getting in return? There is very little, to none, advertising/ Marketing. The system is not user friendly either.
5. Previous suggestions of drag and drop, client closing an order, instead of the system closing the order, and a Zoom function for auctions have all fallen on deaf ears. for at least 2 years.. Only useless changes have been made to the System, which makes BoB seem better, but not actually
6. The top sellers list should be scrapped and rather replaced with another system based on service, and not sales. As not all sellers have the same budget for advertising on BoB. This should even the playing field, as you are only promoting your income generating sellers. Rather biased..
7. the excuse that VAT is charged separately due to a possible govt increase in the vat rate is Bull-dust. the VAT was removed to increase the costs. R10 x 5% = 50c, vat inclusive. if you use the new structure of VAT additional - 50c plus VAT = 0.07c, ie (R0.57 commission). thus the new structure actually increases your VAT input by 14%.
8. Are sellers going to be getting listing fee vouchers in return for these new increases? or is BoB just taking more, for less?
9. Also, Sellers did not get 30 days notice of the increase, therefore the increase should only be taking effect on the 12th march 2018, as that is 4 weeks notice period. STD contract practice.
10. BoB needs Sellers as much as the Sellers need Buyers. If sellers are no longer able to be profitable on BoB, they will be moving to free platforms, like Facebook, or creating their own free selling websites like, WIX. Which is more user friendly, and easier managed than what BoB is. Seems like this is going to be the straw the breaks the Camel's back.
11. My survey from my clients revealed that they do not trust BoB as they do not know who the seller is. On FB they can see and track the seller of the items, It is not a cloak and dagger scenario as BoB.
12. BoB's million registered usernames does not mean that there are 1 million clients. BoB should realise that there is very little active buyers actually, the Wednesday Auctions reveal this fact, there are a few buyers who buy a lot. Repeat buyers. there is a gap between active and registered users. BoB should increase sales, rather than increasing fees, Increased sales, will generate more revenue, and keeps everyone happier
13. BoB feedback is very lackluster, as can be seen on my emails, and Forum questions. As you know i have been waiting 2 days for a phone call regarding this. so my account was blocked due to me creating an Advisory auction to warn clients of the increased fees that will have to be passed on to them. BoB's ineffectiveness caused it.
Regarding the ruling from the ASA on Takelot, i will be approaching the NCC for a regulatory body for online sellers such as yourselves to keep an eye on fees, ethical business practices and prices.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Seeds for Africa

There is an impression that bidorbuy haven't changed their rates in years so an increase is reasonable. I disagree with that. A business that charges a percentage commission does not need to change their rates as their revenue will increase with inflation when the items that are sold on the site increase with inflation.

This is really a sad situation that can be avoided though from bidorbuys feeble replies to some of the posts on this thread, and totally ignoring other posts, it would appear that there is no will to take their sellers concerns seriously.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Deonrick
1 minute ago, Seeds for Africa said:

There is an impression that bidorbuy haven't changed their rates in years so an increase is reasonable. I disagree with that. A business that charges a percentage commission does not need to change their rates as their revenue will increase with inflation when the items that are sold on the site increase with inflation.

This is really a sad situation that can be avoided though from bidorbuys feeble replies to some of the posts on this thread, and totally ignoring other posts, it would appear that there is no will to take their sellers concerns seriously.

that is what i said in my previous post. if the system were more manageable for buyers and sellers, Sellers can load more, Buyers would Buy more, then revenue would increase. 
A Mr David berry said that complaints should be raised on this platform, but it does seem  that, like you said, it is falling on deaf ears.

What else are we as sellers supposed to do?

• Upvote 1

Netshoppr

It is shocking to see how little bidorbuy actually cares about their sellers. The people that pay their salaries at the end of the month. The bread and butter of the company. 

Based on total sales per month, I currently pay bidorbuy between R15K and R21K per month on success fees alone. That is excluding enhancement costs. To increase that to R27K per month is outrageous to say the least, especially if they are not even addressing any fundamental flaws in their system which currently exists. 

1.       The enhancement systems do not work as advertised. I pay R150 rand per item for "Premium" and "Home page" listings, to get a mere 5-14 views on the product?

2.       Expecting a seller to wait 14 days to recover success fees for unpaid orders is ludicrous.  Mr troll just comes along and creates a new account, quickly goes and places a R100K order without any intent to pay. "Sorry seller, you'll have to go without that R5K for 2 weeks while we cash in on the interest." 

3.       Occasionally a client wishes to cancel an order for any number of reasons, yet there is no way for the seller or buyer to cancel an order. Again, bob forks their success fees and expects you to wait.

4.       You can remove an item out of your cart a million times, the damn thing will keep appearing again. (across platforms, so definitely not something to do with browser caching)

5.       Emails regarding new orders, payments and especially buyer questions are delayed by up to an hour.

Now getting back to the new fee rate card and what I believe is a fair system.

1.       If you charge an excluding VAT success fee, it should be charged towards the excluding VAT total of the order, less you make profit on our VAT expense. A bit unethical don’t you think bob?

2.       The fee increase should be coupled with an in-depth explanation pertaining to the added benefits this will bring to the seller. (Accepting all payments is not a benefit – In fact, 5% to accept credit card transactions was already robbery. Payfast charges a mere 3.5% to minor etailers, bob, receiving the amount of transactions it does, sure as hell does not pay that themselves)

3.       An increase in your fees should be coupled with better customer support for both buyers and sellers (a lot of buyers complain about the level of service received from bidorbuy when trying to resolve even the smallest issues)

4.       Feeds should be updated regularly during the day, not just once every 24 hours. Expecting a seller to lose money because your terms state “success fees for items not in stock are non-refundable” while the issue is with the feed, is not acceptable and plainly stated, robbery at the highest level. -Either this, or that clause should be removed completely.

5.       The payout window should be moved to later during the day. Having a deadline of 9:00 to process the day’s payouts is ridiculous. This is probably another scheme bidorbuy is using to cash in on that sweet interest on your money, then they claim they make the funds available to a seller immediately and wonder why buyers complain about delays with orders? Maybe because we must wait 3 days before we receive the funds? Or is that just me.

To end off, inflation, or any other lame excuse bob might try to throw our way to justify the increased fee is pure nonsense. As inflation rises, so does the prices of the products the sellers sell, and thus also the success fee bob generates. As a etailer I do not see the need to increase the margins on my products year after year, because the price I pay and sell at automatically corrects the inflation adjustments.

And a bonus for all you folks, a little name and shame: Mr Jacques Jordaan, manager of some sort at bidorbuy claims that there is no way we as sellers make small margins on the products we sell. Clearly, he has no idea of the state of the South African market.

Bidorbuy should stop trying to copy ebay and wake up and realize we live in a third-world country. You cannot compare our economic state to that of a first-world country, so why try and compare a South African company to that of one based in America.

Good bye bob, I’m excitingly looking forward to seeing who will inevitably take over your market share in the coming months.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Netshoppr
On 2/13/2018 at 4:03 PM, johan said:

I have read the some of the comments on the forum and I think it is worth pointing out what has lead to these changes. The reasons for the changes in the fees are three fold and I will cover them all. 

1. Payments .

In order to provide users of the site with a better experience we have strived to break down the barriers of people doing business. One of the main drivers of this is offering the customer as many payment options as possible. These payment options would include Credit Card, EFT, Bob Bucks vouchers, Discovery miles, Bitcoin, S-Code, Mobicred etc. 

Thes payment methods have been widely embraced by both buyers and sellers and this is something that we intend to grow to lower the barrier of Buyers and Sellers doing business with each other. Most of these payment methods like Credit Cards, and Mobicred does have a processing fee that we currently levy on the full purchase amount, as this is the amount processed for the particular transaction. 

So currently if you sell an item for under R1,000.00 and the buyer pays with Credit card we will charge you a 5% success fee and a 5% Credit Card processing fee which will add to it costing roughly 10% to do the transaction. 

With the new fee rates depending on the category this exact same transaction would cost. 

- 8.75% + 14% VAT = 9.98% 

- 7.50% + 14% VAT = 8.55%

- 5.75 + 14% VAT = 6.56%

Depending on the category and the payment method this could mean that some transactions would cost less than what it currently does on the current fee structure. Users who do not offer more payment options than bobpay EFT would feel that fees are increased but they are now free to take advantage of the all the payment methods available on the site. 

With the new fee structure we are encouraging sellers to use more ot the payment options available to them so that they are more attractive to customers.

We as bidorbuy and the sellers who sell on bidorbuy also have to take into account that our and your customers are moving more and more away from Desktop devices and doing more shopping on mobile devices.  With this in mind there is clear data that show that these customers prefer to use credit card for payment and that more manual methods such as EFT cause drop off in sales and cart abandonment. Making the payment process more streamlined for these customers could lead to an increase in sales volumes which in turn should lead to higher turnover in a business. 

2. Shipping.

Shipping has been a long standing issue and we want to encourage sellers to offer more competitive shipping rate and even free shipping. Overcharging on shipping and hiding all sorts of extra costs in the shipping charges creates a poor customer experience. These changes in the fee structure will be advantageous to sellers who charge reasonable shipping rates. 

The sellers whose business model is geared around tricking buyers into committing to a sale based on a low item cost only to find out later that they have to pay a highly inflated shipping price will not be better off. Their business model is also not only  geared around circumventing bidorbuy fees and misleading customers, they also cause reputational damage to the marketplace which affect every seller on the platform.  

3. Economics.

The reason for these changes are also based on economics where we want to build a sustainable business, that is easy to use for the whole community where we can be competitive and provide the users with good value. 

Some users in this thread have pointed out that the fee structure is still considerably less that other marketplaces and we are also of the view that we offer sellers more flexibility to conduct business. We also have to be mindful of the cost of doing business and we need to position ourselves accordingly to ensure that the marketplace is around to be able to service our users. 

Conclusion:

I do understand that people are in many cases adverse to change and no one is particularly thrilled if they have to pay more for a service. That being said I am sure that most of our users will see the opportunities that are available to them and apply it to their advantage. 

I hope that this has cleared up some of the questions around the changes. 

"Some users in this thread have pointed out that the fee structure is still considerably less that other marketplaces" - Which marketplaces? Last I checked Takelot's core business is not in the least the same as bob. They merely offer marketplace related services with a whole lot more benefits that of bob. And to correct you there, It's not "some users", it's one user. Who may or may not be planted, based on the statements made which contrast EVERY other contribution made on this thread"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Deonrick
7 hours ago, Netshoppr said:

It is shocking to see how little bidorbuy actually cares about their sellers. The people that pay their salaries at the end of the month. The bread and butter of the company. 

Based on total sales per month, I currently pay bidorbuy between R15K and R21K per month on success fees alone. That is excluding enhancement costs. To increase that to R27K per month is outrageous to say the least, especially if they are not even addressing any fundamental flaws in their system which currently exists. 

1.       The enhancement systems do not work as advertised. I pay R150 rand per item for "Premium" and "Home page" listings, to get a mere 5-14 views on the product?

2.       Expecting a seller to wait 14 days to recover success fees for unpaid orders is ludicrous.  Mr troll just comes along and creates a new account, quickly goes and places a R100K order without any intent to pay. "Sorry seller, you'll have to go without that R5K for 2 weeks while we cash in on the interest." 

3.       Occasionally a client wishes to cancel an order for any number of reasons, yet there is no way for the seller or buyer to cancel an order. Again, bob forks their success fees and expects you to wait.

4.       You can remove an item out of your cart a million times, the damn thing will keep appearing again. (across platforms, so definitely not something to do with browser caching)

5.       Emails regarding new orders, payments and especially buyer questions are delayed by up to an hour.

Now getting back to the new fee rate card and what I believe is a fair system.

1.       If you charge an excluding VAT success fee, it should be charged towards the excluding VAT total of the order, less you make profit on our VAT expense. A bit unethical don’t you think bob?

2.       The fee increase should be coupled with an in-depth explanation pertaining to the added benefits this will bring to the seller. (Accepting all payments is not a benefit – In fact, 5% to accept credit card transactions was already robbery. Payfast charges a mere 3.5% to minor etailers, bob, receiving the amount of transactions it does, sure as hell does not pay that themselves)

3.       An increase in your fees should be coupled with better customer support for both buyers and sellers (a lot of buyers complain about the level of service received from bidorbuy when trying to resolve even the smallest issues)

4.       Feeds should be updated regularly during the day, not just once every 24 hours. Expecting a seller to lose money because your terms state “success fees for items not in stock are non-refundable” while the issue is with the feed, is not acceptable and plainly stated, robbery at the highest level. -Either this, or that clause should be removed completely.

5.       The payout window should be moved to later during the day. Having a deadline of 9:00 to process the day’s payouts is ridiculous. This is probably another scheme bidorbuy is using to cash in on that sweet interest on your money, then they claim they make the funds available to a seller immediately and wonder why buyers complain about delays with orders? Maybe because we must wait 3 days before we receive the funds? Or is that just me.

To end off, inflation, or any other lame excuse bob might try to throw our way to justify the increased fee is pure nonsense. As inflation rises, so does the prices of the products the sellers sell, and thus also the success fee bob generates. As a etailer I do not see the need to increase the margins on my products year after year, because the price I pay and sell at automatically corrects the inflation adjustments.

And a bonus for all you folks, a little name and shame: Mr Jacques Jordaan, manager of some sort at bidorbuy claims that there is no way we as sellers make small margins on the products we sell. Clearly, he has no idea of the state of the South African market.

Bidorbuy should stop trying to copy ebay and wake up and realize we live in a third-world country. You cannot compare our economic state to that of a first-world country, so why try and compare a South African company to that of one based in America.

Good bye bob, I’m excitingly looking forward to seeing who will inevitably take over your market share in the coming months.

Not just the Margins, What about time frames to move some items? 2 years? 3 yeras?

Deonrick

Just as a point of Interest, in t erms of the Promotion of access to information act (Act 2 of 2000), Section 51 manual for bidorbuy (Pty) Ltd, they should have their Financial records available to the public. 

So i have put through a request, Will see what the fee is.

If there is no compliance, a complaint needs to be registered with the South African Human Rights Commission. 

Serthentia Sales
1 hour ago, Deonrick said:

Just as a point of Interest, in t erms of the Promotion of access to information act (Act 2 of 2000), Section 51 manual for bidorbuy (Pty) Ltd, they should have their Financial records available to the public. 

So i have put through a request, Will see what the fee is.

If there is no compliance, a complaint needs to be registered with the South African Human Rights Commission. 

Please share with all upon receipt

• Like 2

Deonrick
18 minutes ago, Serthentia Sales said:

Please share with all upon receipt

i hope to do so. 

I conveniently received a negative rating for shipping, Which is BoB's main concern for the new Shipping fee, regarding a person who want 7 Binoculars to be placed in an envelope for shipping....

Very convenient. 

Allstar

The main issue I see is a mammoth increase in fees with virtually no meaningful value added, zip niks.

So all I can see the motivation being is an exercise in money grabbing not building a better business.

I'd also like to know who they are comparing themselves to in their justification of the revised fee offering?

Because you would need to compare like for like, eBay which I'm assuming is their comparison is not like for like, eBay is leagues ahead of Bidorbuy in terms of the value they offer for the fees they charge. Charging near eBay fees but on Bidorbuy's extremely basic platform is daylight robbery.

Little Miss Muffet

Rubbish listed in antiques and collectables on R1 auctions 

Postage charges--Will not matter if it sells for R1.

Shipping method Shipping details
• items SMALLER than A3/2kg VOLUMETRIC - JHB / PTA COURIER 2 DOOR. ADDRESS MUST BE PROVIDED, NO FARMS R110.00 for the first item
R15.00 each additional item
• INSURED COURIER UP TO A3/2kg VOLUMETRIC JHB / PTA. ADDRESS MUST BE PROVIDED. NO FARMS R140.00 for the first item
R15.00 each additional item
• COURIER A3/2kg REST OF THE COUNTRY. ADDRESS MUST BE PROVIDED. NO FARMS R150.00 for the first item
R20.00 each additional item
• ORDINARY parcel via SAPO up to 1Kg within South Africa NO COMBINED (post sent on wednesdays only) R70.00 for the first item
R65.00 each additional item
• INSURED parcel VALUE R100+ via SAPO up to 1Kg within South Africa NO COMBINED R70.00 for the first item
R65.00 each additional item
Insurance is charged at an additional 3.00% of the order value
• INSURED parcel VALUE LESS THAN R100 via SAPO up to 1Kg within South Africa NO COMBINED R73.00 for each item
• COLLECTION with packaging provided by me. IF NOT COLLECTED IN 7 DAYS WILL INCUR STORAGE FEE 10% P/D R30.00 for the first item
R10.00 each additional item
• ORDINARY PARCEL UNDER 1KG TO NAMIBIA/BOTSWANA/ZIMBABWE AND OTHER S.A. NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES R150.00 for the first item
R20.00 each additional item
• ORDINARY PARCEL 1 - 2KG TO NAMIBIA/BOTSWANA/ZIMBABWE AND OTHER S.A. NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES R180.00 for the first item
R50.00 each additional item
• FURNITURE DELIVERY JHB / PTA REQUEST QUOTE

Asha Craft

Lo and behold. NO REPLY FROM BIDORBUY.

Little Miss Muffet

Some

• COLLECTION with packaging provided by me. IF NOT COLLECTED IN 7 DAYS WILL INCUR STORAGE FEE 10% P/D R30.00 for the first item
R10.00 each additional item

The Watch World

Just a thought here. The bright sparks at Bidorbuy that thought up the plan to charge a fee on shipping clearly aren't that bright after all. Johan claims that the fee is designed to stop sellers charging excessive postage. Well, the fee charged on my products is 9.975%, while the fee charged on my shipping is 6.555%.

For this reason, I will be doubling the price of my shipping to cover their excessive increase, which is exactly the opposite effect that they were planning on. Maybe it should be back to the drawing board for Johan and his cronies...?

I urge all of you to do the same if you sell any products in the two higher tier categories. It'll save you some money, as well as show them how very poorly thought out and implemented this increase was.

@Deonrick

Quite keen to find out if they are willing to submit their financials.

• Like 1

ATA STAMP CENTRE

This is not to stop excessive fees,its a moneygrab so BOB can get a commission on the R1 sellers that charge high postage and make their income off this postage,and BOB gets 5c .

We have raised this many times but bob has been unable to address this or unwilling as these sellers are mainly selling on promotional auctions and to take them to task would make BOB lose the listing fees and this new fees on postage is basically an acknowledgement by BOB that they are unable to moniter this problem or unwilling to make the effort to try and resolve this .Rather the easy way out!!

That is the simple crux of the shipping commission!!!!!!!!!!

AND the increase in fees is totally unacceptable,even with the positive sentiment after CR17 sona,it will be many moons before we feel the uptick in the economy.

I said before that the halcyon days are past,there is no ways BOB will ever get to those numbers again,and to try and make it with these fees increases,will never happen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Deonrick

OMS. I do hope i am Very Very wrong in my realization.  I so very wrong. 

If you have a client that has 4 orders, R50, R60. R1.50 and R3.50. he selects Shipping of R35. He then makes ONE eft of R150. 
If the eft is done on order one, we will  have a shipping charge on t he value of (150-50)R100.... 
If the EFT is done on order 3, we will then have a shipping charge on the value of (150-1.50) R148.50.

So in Effect we will be paying a double commission to Bid or Buy. 

Reread the following quote with the above scenario in mind, as it happens to me on a weekly basis. 

"Final order value fee. 

The final order value fee is applied to the difference between the item sales value and the final order value (including shipping or other payments made). This fee is based on the lowest category success fee percentage, which is currently 5.75% excluding VAT."

The above wording says it includes shipping or other payments made. What exactly are other payments made? Does this wording cover the actual EFT received or not?

If it does not.... 

Then all orders are completed without Shipping, BUT the EFT includes shipping costs? is  this the loophole we are looking for?

The examples they use contain the following words: 

EG1 "The buyer makes a payment that totals R1,120.
The 5.75% final order value fee is applied to R120 (the difference between the sales amount of R1,000 and the total amount paid of R1,120). "

EG2 "The buyer pays R220 in total. 
The 5.75% final order value fee is applied to R85 (the difference between the sales amount of R135 and the total amount paid of R220). "

Here is yet another contradiction, that will be blamed on an Intern or a typo. 

Now to get a lawyer to agree that the terms and condition do not make sense, and should be redone, with another full 30 days notice, even though we only got 2 weeks notice, 

Please can i get input.... as i am starting to get cold sweats here.

Deonrick

Just so buy the way, i did a little digging around... Bid or Buy has the following terms and conditions under payment methods:

2.3. You acknowledge the nature of bobPay and accordingly agree that the operation of bobPay is known to you and you accept that it is suitable for the purpose it is intended to be used and further to this you acknowledge that:
2.3.1. bidorbuy is not a bank and the Service is a payment processing service rather than a banking service; and
2.3.2. bidorbuy is not acting as a trustee, fiduciary or escrow with respect to your funds, but is acting only as a custodian;
2.3.3. accepting bobPay credit card payments, there is a flat payment processing fee of 5% payable on all payments conducted through bobPay (fees are non-refundable);
2.3.4. accepting Discovery Miles payments, there is a flat payment processing fee of 5% payable on all payments conducted through bidorbuy (fees are non-refundable);
2.3.5. accepting Bitcoin payments, there is a flat payment processing fee of 2.28% payable on all payments conducted through bidorbuy (fees are non-refundable);
2.3.6. accepting mobicred payments incurs a flat payment processing fee of 3.42% payable on all payments conducted through bidorbuy (fees are non-refundable);
2.3.7. accepting Snapscan payments incurs a flat payment processing fee of 3.5% payable on all payments conducted through bidorbuy (fees are non-refundable);
2.3.8. accepting SCode payments incurs a flat payment processing fee of 3.99% payable on all payments conducted through bidorbuy (fees are non-refundable);
12. No Surcharges
12.1. Under Visa, MasterCard, Diners and American Express regulations, merchants may not charge a fee to the Buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge").
12.2. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting bobPay payment method which may include but is not limited to, Credit Card, bobPay EFT or Discovery Miles, mobicred and Snapscan.

Consumer Protection Act, which states in section 23 (6) (b) that “a supplier must not require a consumer to pay a price for any goods or services if more than one price is concurrently displayed, higher than the lower or lowest of the prices so displayed”.

If BoB Admits that you cannot pass the buck regarding Credit Card Commission fees, why are they doing it themselves? They are only making MORE profit out of the banks.

Another point, It seems that Snapscan and SCode was automatically loaded onto Sellers payment methods. Discovered it the weekend, and another seller says it happened a few months ago, when a client all of a sudden wanted to do funny payments. 

PLEASE go look yourselves. 

• Upvote 1