Jump to content
The Watch World

Clarification required from BoB regarding the ludicrous new fee structure

Recommended Posts

Little Miss Muffet

Bidorbuy--Do I get a percentage back on this or a Xmas bonus?

Total R723.70

 

IMG_3447-001.JPG

IMG_3451-001.JPG

IMG_3452-001.JPG

IMG_3456-001.JPG

IMG_3458-001.JPG

Edited by Little Miss Muffet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lourette books

I am a book seller, and I think you are ripping of your agents who make money for you. You are now charging me more than 10% on any book I sell, and being a book trader I make money by selling large quantity of books at small/reasonable prices. I do not necessarily make large profit on one item. So for every item I sell you take more than 10% in total. That is ludicrous. So I think sellers of large quantity relatively cheap items are especially hard hit by your new tariff structures, charging a success fee on every item. Please, we try to keep our prices reasonable. Is it just greed on your side? Please reconsider your tariff structure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Golden Eagle

I still think the worst part is they take a cut on shipping.

How is that fair?

Someone should really start an alternative to Bidorbuy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JEWELS4U
14 minutes ago, The Golden Eagle said:

I still think the worst part is they take a cut on shipping.

How is that fair?

Someone should really start an alternative to Bidorbuy.

I could not agree more.  I am as upset with that as I am at the very heavy percentage of their cut.  Its not as if they do anything to post the items, its not costing them money, petrol OR all the time we have to be at places posting items.  It feels like theft and greed.  IF someone start the same as bidorbuy I would definitely move after their new fees.  Before the new fees I was very very loyal to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinyl Lady Decals

I have been following this thread since it started. All I can say is that bidorbuy has lost another seller. I am sure that there are many more that have left the site without saying a word.

Nothing that sellers can say will make them change their minds, the only thing that might make a difference is if they lose sellers. On the other hand, thhat just might cause the site to shut down completely. 

Since the new fees, it just isn't worth my while to continue on this site.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JANDS

Vinyl Lady.....sadly I agree.  For many of us it is the end of one selling era, but the start of another.

1 hour ago, Vinyl Lady Decals said:

I have been following this thread since it started. All I can say is that bidorbuy has lost another seller. I am sure that there are many more that have left the site without saying a word.

Nothing that sellers can say will make them change their minds, the only thing that might make a difference is if they lose sellers. On the other hand, thhat just might cause the site to shut down completely. 

Since the new fees, it just isn't worth my while to continue on this site.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATA STAMP CENTRE
20 hours ago, Vinyl Lady Decals said:

I have been following this thread since it started. All I can say is that bidorbuy has lost another seller. I am sure that there are many more that have left the site without saying a word.

Nothing that sellers can say will make them change their minds, the only thing that might make a difference is if they lose sellers. On the other hand, thhat just might cause the site to shut down completely. 

Since the new fees, it just isn't worth my while to continue on this site.

Totally true-the inevitable is happening and combined with weak economy and limited spending power of buyers its become tough with the new fees-BOB were warned about this when these fees were implemented but they took no notice-one only has to look at the crazy wed listings which was BOB biggest moneyspinner and u can see the listings are half what they used to be!!Only on month end wed do u have the listings up again-we sellers must cut somewhere to survive and thats on the listings as we cannot afford the new rates plus pay for enhancements etc.-this leads to fewer listings,fewer sellers and of course fewer buyers as the range of items available drops and the buyers serach elswhere.

IF BOB had balls they would admit this has been a horror exercise and implement strategic decisons to reverse this trend,but im not holding my breath.

Also there is no marketing of any sort to try and help sellers etc,no ideas at all-its just take ,take and take,with giving very little back.

Many of us helped build this platform and its sad to see the demise of this once proud and vibrant e commerce site....

YES the extra fees and final order value fees helped short term but i am sure by now its evident that its not sustainable and although i am not privy to the figures i am sure the income has not increased for bob but in fact decreased in spite of the huge fees increase.

 

 

neil

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seeds and All
8 minutes ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

Also there is no marketing of any sort to try and help sellers etc,no ideas at all-its just take ,take and take,with giving very little back.

Many of us helped build this platform and its sad to see the demise of this once proud and vibrant e commerce site....

I agree with you Neil. One has to ask yourself if you are getting value for money when using BoB's enhancements on listings. We spend a lot of money on enhancements but, over the years, have seen a steady decline of income generated on BoB. We do not see or hear any marketing being done by BoB. When BIDORBUY pushed up our fees to increase their income SELLERS were told that part of the reason this was being done was for BoB to remain competitive in the online environment. 

In May of 2011 BoB boasted about having a global rank of No.7, even displacing Twitter. Now in 2018, BoB is ranked at No. 8200 (Eight Thousand Two Hundred)! How much of that can be blamed on a dwindling economy? We should all ask ourselves, does it still make economic sense to pay for any enhanced listings/advertising on BoB or is our hard earned money better spent on marketing initiatives outside of BoB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JANDS

Well said Seeds and All.  Ditto for Neil.  Greed is like a vacuum-cleaner sticking its hose up its own arse.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATA STAMP CENTRE

And no resolution to combined orders paid on one order causing excess fees charged,BOBS answer is to wait till we ask to reverse the payments and then expect buyer to again make seperate payments per order,not going to happen ,WHY they cannot implement a system whereby we can combine orders and send invoice to buyer for one amount ,similar to ebay is beyond me!!!

AND i still speak to sellers daily that have no idea that they being charged excess fees on these type of order payments,so BOB is quite happy to accept these extra fees,thats totally unethical!!

its been months now and no resolution,

neil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seeds and All
6 minutes ago, ATA STAMP CENTRE said:

And no resolution to combined orders paid on one order causing excess fees charged,BOBS answer is to wait till we ask to reverse the payments and then expect buyer to again make seperate payments per order,not going to happen ,WHY they cannot implement a system whereby we can combine orders and send invoice to buyer for one amount ,similar to ebay is beyond me!!!

AND i still speak to sellers daily that have no idea that they being charged excess fees on these type of order payments,so BOB is quite happy to accept these extra fees,thats totally unethical!!

its been months now and no resolution,

neil

Yes, six months later and we are expected to be happy with having to wait 9 days to get a refund on FOVF due to a buyer wanting to combine after selecting shipping on more than one order. The last one, [#RDT-996-70848], took 9 days to finalize. In that time we were sent 9 emails from Bid or Buy regarding a refund for a mere R 11.90! 

They are now charging fees in the same way eBay does but do not offer the same useful tools.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bitesize

I would like to know, since we are being charged on shipping (bloody thieves) what happens when the buyer makes alternative arrangements to collect e.g. a buyer requested an urgent delivery that wouldn't be in time but had already paid for the order including shipping?  I do all I can to accommodate buyers when possible, even arranging collection on special orders but how do I go about getting my fee back on the shipping since I have to refund the shipping back to the buyer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bitesize
On 6/2/2018 at 7:37 AM, Little Miss Muffet said:

Try the above for a comparison where the seller pays the postage which is shown here as Takelot fulfilment

Sales price R199.00-Takelaot costs R90.05=R108.50 minus cost of product ????? ..and we are complaining

Jands Quote "Charging the seller a percentage of the postage????? On what grounds?" This is to cover all payment costs through credit card and other payment methods  transactions which Bob now shoulder to encourage sellers to use all payment methods.I just feel the various percentage charges on the different categories are unfair and should have been the same on all catergories

No, they are charging on shipping because some sellers were bypassing the fees by selling items at a low price but shipping at a high price.  CC payments etc are not related to shipping, they are related to the listing which the seller covers in their prices.  We are told not to overcharge on shipping and yet we have to pay out of our own pockets for the shipping fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bellemodel
On 4/29/2018 at 9:19 AM, kebs said:

Organized or not, I still sell more there. Maybe it depends what you're selling..

During the last 3 months I listed many different products. Not 1 sale.

FaceBook marketplace, like the rest of FB is a rubbish dump.
The categories and search are too limited.
You are very restricted to what you may sell. (Often legitimate adverts are automatically deleted. Appealing usually works, but wastes time.)
Unlike BidorBuy, FB does not have systems that supports the selling process. With the quality of buyers on FB, this turns into a nightmare.
No ratings of buyers and sellers. (Often you can't even see the profile of the buyer.)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Miss Muffet

After selling on markets  for over 20 years I joined Bidorbuy 11 years ago and gave up marketing

I hardly get any views on items I have listed and it makes me feel that doing all the work to list items is a waste of time.

This has resulted in a backlog of stock sitting around doing nothing so I decided to go to an antique market the other day

and I sold 150% more than I have sold on Bidorbuy in a month.

I think Bob are weeding out the lower priced items like books and other junk because they have grown too big.A way of saying 

goodbye nicely.😇 I have sold a number of things on Facebook that I am sure would still be sitting here if I listed them on Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Allstar
On 9/12/2018 at 2:38 PM, The Golden Eagle said:

I still think the worst part is they take a cut on shipping.

How is that fair?

Someone should really start an alternative to Bidorbuy.

It's ridiculous, they even charge commissions on Pargo, which is a fixed amount that Bidorbuy decides on, those kinds of shipping should be excluded - there is no way anyone can profit off Pargo shipping.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:29 AM, Seeds and All said:

Yes, six months later and we are expected to be happy with having to wait 9 days to get a refund on FOVF due to a buyer wanting to combine after selecting shipping on more than one order. The last one, [#RDT-996-70848], took 9 days to finalize. In that time we were sent 9 emails from Bid or Buy regarding a refund for a mere R 11.90! 

They are now charging fees in the same way eBay does but do not offer the same useful tools.

They charge just about identical fees to ebay  now but with just about no sellers or buyers protection and no advanced integration of shipping and tracking and all the other things eBay has implemented to make buying and selling easier.

Considering that their backend costs must be significantly lower than ebay, there is no doubt they just decided to price gouge.

The new fees make platforms like Gumtree or Facebook so much more attractive for higher value items - sell an item for R2000 + R200 shipping, if you sell that on Facebook you are making an extra R200 profit, no brainer and no bobPay bs where you have to pay R6 to extract your own money out of Bidorbuy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Miss Muffet
On 9/16/2018 at 5:31 PM, bitesize said:

I would like to know, since we are being charged on shipping (bloody thieves) what happens when the buyer makes alternative arrangements to collect e.g. a buyer requested an urgent delivery that wouldn't be in time but had already paid for the order including shipping?  I do all I can to accommodate buyers when possible, even arranging collection on special orders but how do I go about getting my fee back on the shipping since I have to refund the shipping back to the buyer?

This has happened to me a number of times

Just send the order number to hello@bidorbuy.co.za and request a refund

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Miss Muffet

Allstar-R6 to extract your own money out of Bidorbuy..Never mind the bank charges if you want to draw cash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...