Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Little voice warning me about seller shooters

LDT33

Well hello again..

I got a call from a guy called "Attie", apparently Lizelle's brother (he is married to the lady that got arrested with her from what he told me). Anyway, he wanted me to drop the charges so they can get the bank account up and running again to refund our money. Said they have 3 children and last night they wanted to know where their mother is. I told him that unfortunately they should have thought about what they were doing to others and I am NOT willing to drop the charges as I do NOT trust them. I would rather (if there is any money anywhere) have the courts decide what to do than give them ANY chance to get that account un-frozen and get away with the money. I also got the story about he only has R2000 cash and needs that for his lawyer and that he's got to sell his old BMW and won't get more than R20000 for it so won't be able to repay everyone.

I told him that I am not going to drop the charges until I get a full refund from them (yeah I know, whishfull thinking, but hey - if you stop dreaming you might as well say goodbye to the world...). I just could not believe the audacity of this guy, trying to make me feel bad that his children is asking question of where their mother is. Do they even have children????

I also agree; I think they have the ages wrong too... the "Lizelle" I spoke to definitely sounds older than 23, but then again, anything is possible with this case.

What a way to start a weekend hey. Today I started telling friends and family how I got ripped off, not very nice to admit you were taken for so much money.

At least we know they will be spending this weekend behind bars, where they belong! I truly hope with all my heart that justice will prevail.

This is me signing off for now..

Good luck to you all and hope you have a good weekend.

Take care

mikey_bouri

justin - here's ny 2c worth: -Suggest you open a case of "Theft under false pretences" giving all details at your own police station! Once you receive your case no, contact the Germiston police station @011-871 5000 giving them your case no!

"SHOOTERS" CASE REF NO IS: 92/12/2009

Vagito

My fellow buyers i'm just another one who has been conned. I spent the whole morning (and a huge phone bill awaits me) speaking to the police. I phoned cpt. Mlhambi and an officer named Gugu (forgot the surname) in germiston. They recommend i open a case, but being a mozambican and in Mozambique makes things difficult... Monday i will go to the south african embassy here to find out what can be done. I haven't told the fiance but im expecting to hear her 4 at least 2 weeks... The HT was going 4 our house when we moved together in february... She had told me not to buy that one and just get a small LG locally 4 the same price, but wanting something big i went against her judgement and here i'm minus R1050 and without the telefunken tht 6100. I just hope they suffer and we get our monies. Can BoB tell us exactly how much we were conned out of? Guys do not remove any charges. If they have bail money they should use it to repay us! Please pm me all the other details so i can have everything in order when i go to the embassy.

Dave96

And the scam continues.....

.....first of all...apologies to Cuan....got your message around 10am, but I am in the training industry, so I could not respond until approximately 13h20 (our lunch break). Tried to contact you on the number given, but you were not available...left a message.

So...logged in late this afternoon and found out that the trhead had been re-opened...and all that I can say about your response is that we will come to a gentlemans compromise and agree to disagree!!

Interesting development...received an SMS message from "lizelles" number asking me to call back....returned the call...no answer....but seconds later was called by a male who did not identify themselves (or maybe I am getting hard of hearing) basically playing on my conscience, very similar to a previous post...I will have to sell my BMW...etc.etc. It was never the intention to defraud anybody, but when the robbery happened, their supplier suspected an inside job and discontinued supplies...

I hope the same person is monitoring this forum, because, amongst other things said were the following: He would do refunds for myself, gerhardt and lana first, but he was asking me to drop the charges before the refund was done. Of course, I declined. He asked for my contact details (which he should obviously have had, given the fact that he had contacted me!), but never went to the extent of confirming my banking details.

As for myself, I have taken the whole incident and put it behind me as a growth experience. There are some positives to be taken out of the experience, but unfortunately do not reflect very well on BoB:

1) Be very suspicious of extended shipping times

2) Be very suspicious of sellers who suddenly advertise items that sell below cost

3) Be very suspicious of sellers who endorse their sales as "no collections".

4) Be very suspicious of sellers who suddenly list items of high value after trading mainly in low value items

5) The golden rule: If its too good too be true....it probably isn't...rely on your gut feel!!!

Given the negative publicity generated (I know of news articles appearing in Business Day, Pretoria News and on Jacaranda regarding this issue), and the unfortunate mis-represenation of facts in some of these articles, BoB are going to have an uphill battle to restore confidence in their business. Please allow me to also state categorically that I have not been the source of any of the news articles covered by the media in the last 24 hours, even though I have stated my position very clearly in this regard!

zeusza

Will lay charges tomorrow, please no bail, thats our money that will be used!! Hope justice is served!!

OScrapKits

Hmmm... So no need to get excited about the email asking me to call back... Oh well... Just hope I can find a half decent cop at our local SAPS to take my statement...

BumbleBee
Oh well... Just hope I can find a half decent cop at our local SAPS to take my statement...

Now THAT will be a challenge!

OScrapKits

I wish there was a way to search for products to buy on BoB by the payment and shipping terms... That way I would buy on here cos I would be able to go look at the product and pay cash for it instead of transferring and trusting and getting burnt. First buying experience on BoB so this is so uncool

OScrapKits
Now THAT will be a challenge!

Okay I know this is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black, but don't you sleep?

BumbleBee

Just looking through the ratings for shooters, user mychild is also quite new and lost R14200

Sleep? Whats that?

lilythepink

Hi LDT33 - don't fall for the sob stories. You've done the right thing (as should everyone who has been "screwed"). Remember, by carrying on with the case you are helping BoB and all its members! I haven't seen or heard the negative "feedback" about BoB in the press or on Jacaranda - but those people who are being negative need to rethink their attitudes. BoB is a good place for everyone - but we all need to practise commonsense before bidding or buying from newbies.

OScrapKits
Just looking through the ratings for shooters, user mychild is also quite new and lost R14200

Sleep? Whats that?

My R 840 is looking very trivial indeed.... But I will still lay charges to strengthen the case...

OScrapKits

I couldn't resist, curiosity got the better of me, so I phoned the number that was emailed to me and the man told me that he just wants my name and telephone number and he is going to the police station and he will update me. No request to drop charges, just wanted to know what I bought...

lilythepink

Very strange indeed. Did he give you HIS name and particulars?

lilythepink

Hi again, bestdean. A while ago (yesterday?) you posted:

I can't help but wonder at what point this happened. I mean, obviously at the beginning this lady was legit. When does one stop, look and say to oneself "hey, if I list this one item that I have 20 times I can make 50 times the money cos I am not actually buying the product...

My thoughts on the matter are either (a) Lizelle et al have been breaking into houses, etc, and selling the goods they steal on BoB and/or (b) they thought they could make a fortune by using money from new buyers to get the goods for previous buyers, e.g. a type of pyramid scheme. Either way, they seem to be getting what they deserve ... hope the bail is set at a couple of million R's so they have to spend the Festive Season where they belong. Hard lesson but it's the only way for some people ...!

OScrapKits

I guess we can speculate all we like about this people, but in order to understand them we'd have to be like them and I pride myself on the fact that I am NOT A CRIMINAL therefore I will NEVER understand how they could do this.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Quite right

My integrity would never allow it. Wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

rmckay

Have all of the victims been notified of what's going on and what they need to do? I see that "shooters" is still getting feedback from buyers that seem to be totally in the dark about this scam. For example yesterday "Yachty" left a neutral saying " Sorry to hear about your problem, no worries will await my refund." and "denco" left a neg saying "'I've paid but nothing was received, she has not responded to any e-mails. bob please help!"

If people are still buying into shooter's story of the robbery and aren't aware of the extent of this scam they are not going to be filing charges against her.

I'm sorry for posting this here (since I'm not a victim) but I think it's an important question.

daisyjewel

I totally agree with rmckay. I know that there may be not a lot bob can do to refund etc but at least they could just send everyone an email informing them about the situation and encouraging them to open a case. My husband was also scammed and the only reason he knows about it is because I read the forum. I don't think many users would think to look there. Come on bidorbuy I really think that is the least you could do:confused:

ravendran_govender

Never took the warning signs to heart :-(

Hi

I only started getting worried yesterday about why i haven't received my item.

I last spoke to Lizelle last week friday and she said she was going to courier the item to me.

when i called the cell number and got no answer. I then checked shooters ratings and found they BLACKLISTED. :(:confused::eek:

This morning i called the number again and SAKKIE answered the phone.

he said that he is Lizelle's Husband. he advised that she is in Jail and he's trying to get bail to get her out etc.

I tried to follow all you guys stories, but i'm still in the dark

What should i do now. Must i wait n hope that i get a refund?

admin
Hi

I only started getting worried yesterday about why i haven't received my item.

I last spoke to Lizelle last week friday and she said she was going to courier the item to me.

when i called the cell number and got no answer. I then checked shooters ratings and found they BLACKLISTED. :(:confused::eek:

This morning i called the number again and SAKKIE answered the phone.

he said that he is Lizelle's Husband. he advised that she is in Jail and he's trying to get bail to get her out etc.

I tried to follow all you guys stories, but i'm still in the dark

What should i do now. Must i wait n hope that i get a refund?

Hi ravendran_govender,

You should go to your local SAPS and lay a charge of "sale under false pretences" and ask the Investigating Officer to get into touch with Morne at bidorbuy.

I would advise all who got scammed not to speak to any friends or relatives of shooters as they are only trying to get you to drop the charges to weaken the case against them and to get information out of you on the status of the case against them, possibly to help on working on a defense for them...

Thank you and good luck.

Bargain Bin
Have all of the victims been notified of what's going on and what they need to do? I see that "shooters" is still getting feedback from buyers that seem to be totally in the dark about this scam. For example yesterday "Yachty" left a neutral saying " Sorry to hear about your problem, no worries will await my refund." and "denco" left a neg saying "'I've paid but nothing was received, she has not responded to any e-mails. bob please help!"

If people are still buying into shooter's story of the robbery and aren't aware of the extent of this scam they are not going to be filing charges against her.

I'm sorry for posting this here (since I'm not a victim) but I think it's an important question.

This is exactly my problem with BoB we are here to trade and not to be scammed but now it's happened and I contacted hello@bidorbuy.co.za for assistance but only after I started a thread regarding their lack of assistance (which was subsequently deleted within the hour) did I receive a response from BoB two emails later and two days after my original request was send.

This is my first time I’ve been done in on BoB and I can give plenty advice on how to buy and sell on BoB but on the subject of being conned I’m a total novice. The only real/useful advice I received was on this forum as the mail from BoB’s helpdesk simply stated I should open a case of theft at my local police station and give them BoB’s security office telephone number should they require more information on the seller. Now I’m well aware of all the BoB policies and possible legal implications for BoB but shouldn’t they at least let all the buyers know of what is happening.

I notice shooters sold 368 items in the last month alone with 784 items in the last 3 months. So far she received 138 negative ratings in the last month that still leaves a lot of buyers out there that is not aware of what’s happening. Shouldn’t BoB be a bit pro-active and notify these people? This is VERY BIG and a lot of people lost money in this debacle.

My feeling is just that somebody should start treating this as the serious matter it is. We can all rant and rave on the subject in this forum but ultimately BoB is the only common denominator and they need to provide us with guidance/assistance on the way forward. Not everybody that’s been done in is aware of this forum. What about those poor people, here at least we’ve got some support and a way to vent our frustration and anger.

Someone mentioned earlier that it is ludicrous to buy from a seller with so many negatives but they should keep in mind that until two weeks ago the seller still had a 96% rating. I myself bought small items from her in the past and received excellent service, but now the wheel has turned and we all lost money some more than others.

Irrespective of the amount we can’t turn a blind eye to this we should make an example of these people and make sure they pay for what they did, but the only way we can make sure they get what they deserve is if we stand together. At this stage we are just a bunch of usernames feeling sorry for ourselves. Most of us reported cases and hope the police do their part and contact the BoB security office, but I’m pretty convinced there will be more than a few dockets that will not even get looked at. So let’s all wait and see if Morne will be able to provide us with a contact person by Monday then at least those of us on this forum will be able to forward our case numbers to the investigating officer and hopefully get some justice.

There I feel much better..:)

lilythepink

I'm not sure that we should be judging BoB too harshly. Several months ago I bought a bottle of perfume (for several hundred Rands) and BoB immediately sent me an email warning me that the Seller was being blacklisted and I should not be in a hurry to pay any funds over. (I had already paid and, fortunately for me, I got the perfume - never mind that its name is "Poison" lol). But that Seller remains blacklisted to this day. ;)