Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Little voice warning me about seller shooters

admin

Hi Bumblebee Fashions,

I took the liberty and edited your thread heading, added the name shooters to it, so the users that was affected can find it more easily. Hope you do not mind.

Thank you.

Bashiers

Hi folks...

i was also taken for a lotta bucks.

I paid R6700.00 for TV on 26/11/2009, but looks like i can kiss that goodbye now :(

I've opened a case at Milnerton SAPS ref nr CAS 282/12/2009

the investigating office is Capt D Hendricks if anybody in western cape needs his number, pm me.

I've also contacted FNB group Fraud division, but as mentioned before...no money left :(

magtek

I have been scamed by SHOOTERS

Flat-Panel & LCD TVs - telefunkun \ logik22' lcd for sale in Heidelberg

On Sunday the 22nd of November 2009 I won an auction on a 22' lcd tv listed by Shooters:mad: my winning bid was R.2,150. On Tuesday the 24th of November 2009 I paid R.2,350 into here account which she gave to me via e-mail. She told me she was going the send the item on Thursday and I would get it on Friday the 27th, when I called her on Friday she said she was going to Ship on Monday. I called her again on Tuesday asking for the tracking number, she told me I have to wait 10 days for shipping, to which I replied angrily because that is not what she told me the previous friday I reminded her that she told me she was going to ship on Monday. She then told me that her stock was stollen on friday she was goinf to refund me, I mus e-mail her my banking details. I have since bought a new TV from somewhere else and have been waiting for my refund for more than 2 weeks. I have called BOB and reported my problem, they sent here an e-mail and I havent heard anything since. I have now decided that I will go to the police and the small claims court I need my money Xmas is here I have to provide for my family. R.2,350 may not be much but when you are the sole bread winner its alot. This woman is a LIAR when I gave her a negative rating on the 6th of DEC she replied by saying she has just done an eft, I waited and the she called me on Wed 9 December asking for my banking details so she can do an eft, today is Thur 10 December I'm still waiting. I have been using BOB from 2006 as a buyer and a seller it's been a great market place but now I'm so sure anymore. I wonder how many complaints BOB has recieved about this seller and what they have done about them, you have her details I'm sure there is more you can do about this then jus sending her e-mails. I am wiling to provide proof of my e-mail correspendense with her.

BumbleBee

Hi Admin, I don't mind at all, thanks. Just a pity that this thread has evolved the way it did....:(

BumbleBee

I just realized something, the least she could do was give me a positive rating for my R1700! At least I would get something out of the deal :mad:

admin

Hi All,

I have moved the post by wilnetse to the freezer, if you did not buy anything from shooters, please DO NOT post in this thread.

Thank you.

Dave96

From here.....

I want to have my 10c worth of input into the whole debacle...and if I am banned as a consequence....so be it....BoB will have lost a buyer that has spent a considerable amount of money (and of course most of these transactions in my favour, otherwise I would not be on the site). But given recent developments, if I were to offset my favourable purchases against a loss of approximately R5800.00, I must ask myself if the balance is positive or negative. There should be no "holy cows" in dealing with this matter, and therefore I have no hesitation in raising the following issues:

A few questions, to which I expect straight answers:

1) Did BoB benefit from the transactions concluded by "Lizelle" eg. was the sellers commission paid over for items sold but not delivered.

2) Why was so much time given to "correct" the indiscrepancies in delivery.

3) Surely the buyer deserves more protecttion than the seller?

4) Shouldn't there be a limit on the value of items that sellers offer over a specific period (eg. a month) and some sort of a danger signal when sellers exceed this limit, especially if previous transactions were of a lower value? In other words, a tracking or tracing system that highlights sellers that have been listing low-volume, low-priced items in order to build up a "track record", and that suddenly list multiple, repeat ihigh-value tems at ridululously low prices, and in some instances, repeat listings which seem to have been sold to previous bidders?

5) There needs to be a more pro-active approach from BoB - closing the stable door AFTER the horse has bolted is just not good enough!! In this instance it has allowed the perpetrators to be forewarned and to clear out their bank accounts.

6) Please don't play the bureaucratic "policy" card with individuals that have been scammed out of thousands!! You have actively protected the "rights" of dishonest BoB subscribers by removing any reference to contact details between people affected by these scams. There is a good possibility that, had it not been for "covert" communications between pro-active members affected by this situation, in terms of confirmation of addresses, contact numbers, and subsequent charges laid at various SAPS offices, there would not have been any arrests done to date. BoB's contribution was re-active instead of pro-active.

Now....have the balls to list these comments....and leaving it for all to see!!!!

admin

Hi Dave96,

As Cuan is not available to answer your questions, I am locking this thread till he can respond and open it again tomorrow.

Thank you.

Apologies to zeusza, I notice you are busy posting here, this thread will be opened by Cuan tomorrow, then you can post.

qball
I want to have my 10c worth of input into the whole debacle...and if I am banned as a consequence....so be it....BoB will have lost a buyer that has spent a considerable amount of money (and of course most of these transactions in my favour, otherwise I would not be on the site). But given recent developments, if I were to offset my favourable purchases against a loss of approximately R5800.00, I must ask myself if the balance is positive or negative. There should be no "holy cows" in dealing with this matter, and therefore I have no hesitation in raising the following issues:

A few questions, to which I expect straight answers:

1) Did BoB benefit from the transactions concluded by "Lizelle" eg. was the sellers commission paid over for items sold but not delivered.

2) Why was so much time given to "correct" the indiscrepancies in delivery.

3) Surely the buyer deserves more protecttion than the seller?

4) Shouldn't there be a limit on the value of items that sellers offer over a specific period (eg. a month) and some sort of a danger signal when sellers exceed this limit, especially if previous transactions were of a lower value? In other words, a tracking or tracing system that highlights sellers that have been listing low-volume, low-priced items in order to build up a "track record", and that suddenly list multiple, repeat ihigh-value tems at ridululously low prices, and in some instances, repeat listings which seem to have been sold to previous bidders?

5) There needs to be a more pro-active approach from BoB - closing the stable door AFTER the horse has bolted is just not good enough!! In this instance it has allowed the perpetrators to be forewarned and to clear out their bank accounts.

6) Please don't play the bureaucratic "policy" card with individuals that have been scammed out of thousands!! You have actively protected the "rights" of dishonest BoB subscribers by removing any reference to contact details between people affected by these scams. There is a good possibility that, had it not been for "covert" communications between pro-active members affected by this situation, in terms of confirmation of addresses, contact numbers, and subsequent charges laid at various SAPS offices, there would not have been any arrests done to date. BoB's contribution was re-active instead of pro-active.

Now....have the balls to list these comments....and leaving it for all to see!!!!

Hi Dave96 and others

First of all we do realise many of you are upset and disappointed by this situation, we are just as angry and upset about this. Basically these people has deceived not only you but bidorbuy. To answer your questions:

1. No. We have lost thousands of Rands in fees, we doubt we will be able to recover these - so there is absolutely no benefit to bidorbuy.

2. Unfortunately I do have to play the "policy" card. When this situation started the seller contacted us several times to explain their predicament, we then allowed them to try sort out all outstanding orders, as is our policy. We obviously started to get more complaints about the seller, which we forwarded to them, to which they did respond (in most instances). We have to give the seller the benefit of the doubt and give them an opportunity to resolve these issues. However, over the last week, it started becoming apparant that the seller was "ducking & diving" and we also could not get hold of the seller. We then advised buyers to start opening cases.

3. The buyer has legal recourse through the law and criminal justice system, ultimately it is your responsibility to protect your rights, bidorbuy cannot do this for you. We still believe this situation could not have been pre-empted or predicted.

4. This is not fool proof and no system is perfect. The seller had a very good track record until all this started. There was no way to predict this. No online site can predict behaviour or intentions. May I suggest you read through the forums on other sites to see similar stories, this is not unique to our industry or online commerce.

5. In 99% of these situations we can only be reactive, as already stated there was absolutely no way to predict ot prevent this from happening. This could all have happened in one day, there is no ways we could have stopped this as it was gradual over 2 or 3 weeks, and the seller had been in regular contact with us until this last week. Please also remember, we were lied to as well, our business is built on trust, we also were lead to believe these issues would be resolved.

6. Regardless of your reasons, you DO NOT publish contact details on the forum, that is the policy and ALL users have to abide by it. bob's contribution was to advise the users accordingly and assist where possible. We have a privacy policy which has to be adhered to, by law we cannot simply hand out any users details unless the correct procedures are followed. If we give out a users details and say for instance someone who lost money visited them and caused them bodily harm, we would be in serious trouble from a legal point of view. That is why we insist that you open a case. Thank you to all who acted quickly and opened cases, this will help in apprehending the seller.

Quite fankly Dave it's not about having the "balls", but about what needs to be done in these circumstances, the procedures that need to be followed, that results in an arrest and conviction. Again, there is no way we could have predicted or pre-empted this situation. We will assist the police further with the investigation.

Thank you all for your co-operation, patience and understanding in this regard.

Kind regards

Cuan

qball

Hi All

Please feel free to continue posting your concerns and updates here. However, should this thread continue to get "out of hand", we will have no choice but to close it again. I trust that you will all consider this before making your posts.

Thank you for your co-operation in this regard.

Kind regards

Cuan

spitchers

Hi Guys,

I've opened up a case of Sale under false pretenses at the Westville SAPS in Durban CAS 99/12/2009

I've also spoken to Capt Mhlambi from Heildelberg who informed me that the case has been sent to the Commercial unit in Germiston with his case number 92/12/2009

Over there I've spoken to Insp Thabethe. I don't know if I'm allowed to put his number on here... please advise or else you more than welcome to PM me. Obviously the case is still under investigation but he did say that he will keep me up to date, advise you all do the same.

BumbleBee

Hi Spitchers, much appreciated :)

BumbleBee
Hi Cuan,

Pretoria News

Is this about shooters, or another case altogether?

Cheers,

Coen

Seems like the same story, although their facts don't seem 100% accurate

qball
Hi Cuan,

Pretoria News

Is this about shooters, or another case altogether?

Cheers,

Coen

I am not sure, if it is, they have all the facts wrong... :o

Irresponsible reporting IMHO...

We will contact Heidelburg police station to find out what's going on, because this does not sound right at all...

ClickandShip

LOL...Apparently they WORKED as AGENTS for BOB:rolleyes:

qball

I have just had a shouting match with the SAPA - who couldn't be bothered to check the facts with us first. R2million??? Agents??? Paid bidorbuy??? ... :mad:

We have no idea what they are talking about. We have also tried to get hold of the spokesperson at the police station to get clarity...

We have not received any of the funds, they are definitely not "agents" of bidorbuy, and we definitely have not been defrauded of R2m...

LDT33

... depositing money into BOB's account?

qball
... depositing money into BOB's account?

They have not paid funds into our account.

BumbleBee

OMG.....what have I started :(

qball

We have just spoken to the Constable in Heidelberg. Morne will be going through to the SAPS branch in Heidelberg to meet with the investigating officer to advise and assist the police with this matter.

Morne b

Hi

I am travelling through to Heidelberg SAPS on Monday to meet with the investigating officer to assist them with the investigation.

mikey_bouri

Latest on "SHOOTERS":

Apparently the Main Case Has been transferred to Germiston Commercial SAPS because of the HUGE amount of money involved! SAPS strongly recommend all those affected contact their Local Police Stations and lay relevant charges against them. At this moment they are behind bars and appearing in court on Monday for Bail application/hearing!

The case no sent to Germiston from Heidelburg: 92/12/2009 and their no: 011-871 5000

Regrds, Mike