Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Little voice warning me about seller shooters

BumbleBee

Hi LDT33, I really do hope you get the camera, those Canons are awesome! and I think that one comes with a 200mm lens too?

Fingers crossed :)

SA picker

Some more bad news, One of the members that was ripped off confirms that he is standing in front of the house where collections have been done before. The guy that answered the door said that she is not living there and that he does not know a Lizelle.

He then phoned the cell number and Lizelle answered. He explained that he wanted to speak to her to get to some sort of aggreement. She replied that she spoke to Morne at BOB and had arranged to pay back tommorow. He then said but he was in Heidelberg at the adress from where previous collections were made upon which she put the phone down and did not respond at all after this.

There was another lady there that confirmed she has picked up at that adress before and dont know what was going on and that she just wanted to find out what was happening.

It all seems like one big "GEMORS" and that the best would be to follow the route of reporting everything at the SAPS so they can try and get hold of them.

BumbleBee

Bugger.....:confused:

lilythepink

I think this is a case of fraud. Get hold of SAPS before she manages to change her address!

Dave96

An update.....

I am the person referred to by gerhardt.....I drove through to Heidelberg after having obtained her address from a BoB member who had collected from her premises in the past. I was somewhat confused when reaching Heidelberg, not realisising that the street in which she lives stops at a spruit, but continues on the other side of the spruit....sort of a cul-de-sac that continues on the other side of the river. There is a saying: "A fool and his money are soon parted", and I don't regard myself as a fool, so.....having been confused by the streets, I called her on 1 of the 3 numbers that she has been using recently....and she answered. I advised her that I was in Heidelberg to either collect my goods, or receive a refund. When I indicated to her that I knew where she lived, she promptly dropped the call.

Upon arrival outside of the given address, I found a couple from KZN who had also driven up to try and find out what had happened to their order. The wife had collected items from the SAME ADDRESS on 2 occasions before, so at least I knew I was at the correct address. They were speaking to a dark-haired white male, approximately 30 years of age, a slim build, with a "resemblance" of a moustache, who told us that he as his family had been living at the same address for the last 5 months, they knew no-one by the name of Lizell vd Velde, or about any trading/collections done in the past.....in fact, according to him, he did not even possess a PC!

Now obviously, when you have someone standing at your gate saying that they have done collections on 2 previous occasions, at that address, and the owner or person who is renting the house does not know anything about this, it raises suspicion. He also said that his wife was working as a secretary at some-or-other company, and that she was not home at that stage.......this despite me hearing a child shout for his mother when I arrived!

So....I started my trip back to Pretoria, and just before reaching the outskirts of Germiston, I received a call from Lizelle, asking me for my banking details, because she wanted to refund my money. I advised her that I would be forwarding the details by email this evening. Just after that I received a call from gerhadt, asking for a description of the person that I spoke to at the given address, and he confirmed that the person was indeed Lizelles husband, based on information obtained from another BoB member who had collected there in the past.

Now....if this is her husband, could she be trading under an alias or her maiden name, because you might recall that the account holder was C Brits??? Furthermore, if everything was kosher and above board, and it had always been her intention to refund the money, then why lie so blatantly in refusing to acknowledge the faminly connection??

My own take on the matter is that they did not expect to be traced as fast as was the case. I have a sneaky suspicion that they might be making arrangements to "flee the coop", and were only re-acting to me because I knew where they lived.

Bottom line.....if anybody wants to know the address and various contact numbers, send me a private message and I will respond. Unfortunately my interner connection is not working at home, so I am sending this message from the office, so therefore I will only be able to respond tomorrow.

Now.....

ksg002

Shooters

Hi Morne

thank you for the feedback and your help in resolving these issues. i tried today (09/12/09) to call her on both her contact numbers but there was no response. landline message box is full and the cell message box does not accept any messages.:mad:

Whilst i appreciate all of the assistance / info given thus far, surely BOB should act on behalf of its members and indirectly it clients in trying to get speedy resolution. Clearly the wait and see stance is not working. BOB should get a court order to freeze the bank accounts supplied as clearly this account is being used for fraudulent purposes.

mellowred

Ai, what a mess :(. Wishing you all luck.

mikey_bouri

"SHOOTERS"

How about this guys? have you read all the neg ratings and unhappy and desperate people who

have paid and lost plety mula dealing with "shooters" ? 2WEEKS down the line I am R7550 -00 in THE RED after having dealt with this one. Calls and emails not answered (mailboxes full!) etc etc. who on earth wouldn't be nauseus and unhappy??? one guy alone has lost 15k. READ THE REST OF NEG RATINGSI Have laid a charge against this person and hope to get positive response from SAP soon!

spitchers

My 5c

Hi Guys,

I'm too getting very worried about this!

Especially when you save your $$ and decide to spoil your family for Christmas with a nice TV (in my case) only not to get any response, after honouring my part according to her terms and conditions!!!

Now I am grateful that my Family is well and we can at least spend our time together this Christmas.... but getting a bit agitated that some one can take our hard earned money and not give a "shoot" about it!!

I will be giving her a chance until the end of this week (her 15 days are up) and watching this thread, and if nothing is forthcoming then take legal action.

Good luck to you all, the more pressure we all put on her to deliver hopefully will end in a positive result for everyone

lilythepink

I feel really sorry for each one of you who has lost so much money. spitchers - don't wait any longer, go and lay a fraud charge at the SAPS immediately and give the SAPS all Bid or Buy's contact info so the matter can be dealt with speedily. SAPS will then contact BoB and get the Seller's personal info. It's important to get this done quickly before she ups and offs to another address!

mellowred
don't wait any longer, go and lay a fraud charge at the SAPS immediately

I agree with lily. The more charges laid the higher the chance of catching them quickly. They are definitely lying and scheming now (if not before).

If the sales (prices) are legit, they must have a very close association with a huge corporation whom I'm sure would help them out in a genuine crisis situation.

Dave96 and n_gerhardt have gone out of their way to obtain as much info as possible for every-ones benefit.

Much easier to drop charges if it turns out to be a genuine hardluck story than to track down a conner on the run.

Holding thumbs for you all.

ClickandShip

Has BOB been able to extract success fees on the 400+ High value items sold for the past month?

BumbleBee

I was wondering the same thing....

ClickandShip
I was wondering the same thing....

[i was wondering the same thing....]

Gr8 minds obviously think alike then...LOL

Shuaib_S

Just wondering whats the chances of us getting our money back? has this happend before on BOB?

prilene kistnasami

hi people.

Has anyone had anyluck getting in contact with LIZELLE?

has anyone had a refund has yet from Lizelle?

mY x-mas is spoilt this yeah ! I feel like just going under my blankee and not come out :-(

prilene kistnasami

yeah has this happened before on BOB ????

LDT33

I received a call from Lizelle last night requesting my banking details so she/they can do a refund. I asked when the refund will be processed and she said before the end of the week (wish I got a more specific answer but we can't always get what we wish for). I truly hope and pray that the refund will in actual fact happen, and at this stage I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and trusting that she will do the right thing. As soon as the money reflects in my account I'll drop the charges laid against her with SAPS.

Fingers crossed this will end well for us all.

prilene kistnasami
I received a call from Lizelle last night requesting my banking details so she/they can do a refund. I asked when the refund will be processed and she said before the end of the week (wish I got a more specific answer but we can't always get what we wish for). I truly hope and pray that the refund will in actual fact happen, and at this stage I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and trusting that she will do the right thing. As soon as the money reflects in my account I'll drop the charges laid against her with SAPS.

Hi yes, ive spoken to a few ppl in the same boat. She has phone us for our banking details. Lets hope and pray that shooters "Lizelle" finally does the correct thing and refund us. IF not i can promise you , "lizelle gonna be in deep hot lava....

I really feel sorry fpr those ppl that paid her thousands, eish one person paid her R15 000-00 , and another few Over R10 000. Gosh if i was one of those ppl, id be having sleepless nights !

It just shows "who can you ever trust now days.

SJY

Same boat...got a call last nite...and same answer..by the end of the week....

Can we really trust her ... or is she buying time.....?:(:mad:

LDT33
Same boat...got a call last nite...and same answer..by the end of the week....

Can we really trust her ... or is she buying time.....?:(:mad:

Well we can only wait and see... Like I said, at this stage I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and trusting that she will do the right thing. Yes it is hard and difficult doing that but at least she picked up the phoned and called. Now if that is to "buy time" or in actual fact to really get the details to do refunds we'll only know when it happens. Again, a waiting game - something I've become NOT so good at so now putting my faith in it too.

SA picker

In my opinion she is playing for time by making promises. She has made them before and nothing came of it. My take is that they will be gone by the end of the week. I have also give Carteblanch the details and lets see what they do with it.(this might speed up the SAPS to do a proper investigation)

SJY
Well we can only wait and see... Like I said, at this stage I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and trusting that she will do the right thing. Yes it is hard and difficult doing that but at least she picked up the phoned and called. Now if that is to "buy time" or in actual fact to really get the details to do refunds we'll only know when it happens. Again, a waiting game - something I've become NOT so good at so now putting my faith in it too.

I guess that's true.....will wait it out as well

ClickandShip
In my opinion she is playing for time by making promises. She has made them before and nothing came of it. My take is that they will be gone by the end of the week. I have also give Carteblanch the details and lets see what they do with it.(this might speed up the SAPS to do a proper investigation)

Carte Blanche...hmmm...this does NOT lokk good for BOB...

qball

Hi All

We will be happy to chat to Carte Blanche and to explain the circumstances surrounding this issue. So far nothing has been proven and it is all hearsay at this stage. At the end of the day we are a marketplace, just like Gumtree and other sites, the difference is we try to assist whereas Gumtree is not interested at all... This is nothing new, as with any internet transaction there is an element of risk, however, what has happened here could not be predicted or prevented, considering the seller's previous sales record and feedback.

Kind regards

Cuan