Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Little voice warning me about seller shooters

qball

It appears not, the advocate is hesitant to proceed as they feel they might not be able to prove intent, I would urge you to contact him on 076 445 3393 (Adv. Mashemede) to follow up on this as a complainant in the case.

jphotography

Amazing how our courts work?

qball

Unfortunately I have no legal sway with the prosecutor and and cannot pressurise him into action. The actual complainants may have better luck or at least some direction from the Prosecutor about how to proceed.

MsPlod
It appears not, the advocate is hesitant to proceed as they feel they might not be able to prove intent, I would urge you to contact him on 076 445 3393 (Adv. Mashemede) to follow up on this as a complainant in the case.

Sorry to butt in here - does this mean that the prosecutor is not wanting to proceed or that Shooter's advocate is not wanting to proceed because of fear they might not be able to prove intent? (I do understand that might be a seriously dumb question)

How is it possible not to be able to prove intent - when so many folks were diddled out of so much money?

hah hah - simultaneous posting again...

qball
Sorry to butt in here - does this mean that the prosecutor is not wanting to proceed or that Shooter's advocate is not wanting to proceed because of fear they might not be able to prove intent? (I do understand that might be a seriously dumb question)

How is it possible not to be able to prove intent - when so many folks were diddled out of so much money?

hah hah - simultaneous posting again...

The State Prosecutor feels their is no clear indication that they deliberately tried to defraud the buyers as they had been fairly good suppliers prior to this event. I agree 100% with you, but he feels the case might be thrown out due to "lack of evidence"... go figure!

lilythepink

There must be a senior State prosecutor who will know better?!!

Dave96

Who says crime does not pay??

There must be a senior State prosecutor who will know better?!!

Presumably, if the case does not proceed, it will be left up to the defrauded individuals to pursue a civil case against these (alleged) fraudsters? Methinks most of the individuals defrauded would rather not waste any more time and effort on this issue and just write it off as a bad experience.

If certain defrauded individuals did pursue a civil case, would BoB be willing to provide such individuals with any information deemed necessary to trace the (alleged) fraudsters?

qball
Presumably, if the case does not proceed, it will be left up to the defrauded individuals to pursue a civil case against these (alleged) fraudsters? Methinks most of the individuals defrauded would rather not waste any more time and effort on this issue and just write it off as a bad experience.

If certain defrauded individuals did pursue a civil case, would BoB be willing to provide such individuals with any information deemed necessary to trace the (alleged) fraudsters?

That would be correct. Yes, we will be more than happy to supply whatever details you require in order to pursue this matter against them.

qball

I received some interesting news today:

I spoke to the Captain and according to him, the complainants who lodged cases will be receiving a partial refund. Apparently the Asset Forfeiture Unit was involved and froze the funds in the bank account, approximately 60% of the money - the seller cannot supply the goods so they are going to use the funds to refund the complainants - approx. 60% of what they paid. The police are busy contacting the complainants for their banking details! The Captain reckons, this will be finalised by July.

mikey_bouri

Quite right - I have been contacting the Prosecutor every 2 or 3 months and finally the the case appears to be finalized. Capt Moleka phoned me with the news yest 8/6/2012 - We should all get some of our money back by end of July. Really glad there's some finality.

regards

Mike

Edited by mikey_bouri

Mad about Jack

I wasn't scammed but I a glad that this incident will be ending on a positive note !

electronics4less
I received some interesting news today:

I spoke to the Captain and according to him, the complainants who lodged cases will be receiving a partial refund. Apparently the Asset Forfeiture Unit was involved and froze the funds in the bank account, approximately 60% of the money - the seller cannot supply the goods so they are going to use the funds to refund the complainants - approx. 60% of what they paid. The police are busy contacting the complainants for their banking details! The Captain reckons, this will be finalised by July.

Hi Cuan,

I have not been contacted, not that I am not surprised as my contact details have changed. I mean I was even using gadgets_gems at that stage, so even my BoB details were different!

How do I get my contact details to the right person to hopefully ensure I also get a few cents back?

Cheers,

Coen

qball

Please speak to Capt Moleka - 072 571 4320

electronics4less

Thanks Cuan, the NPA contacted me.

Please speak to Capt Moleka - 072 571 4320

qball

Great! :biggrin:

DotNetAce

Need help regarding getting funds back

Great! :biggrin:

Hi Cuan,

Is there any other way of getting in contact with Capt Moleka as his mailbox is full. I was also defrauded by this seller and would like to at least get back 60% of the amount I lost. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Kind Regards

qball

Unfortunately that is the only number I have for him.

@Mikey, do you perhaps have any additional numbers?

Romanza

Has anyone received their refund as yet?

Vagito

Will international buyers ever get refunded?

qball

Unfortunately I cannot answer that question, only the Captain and the NPA can... sorry...

SA picker
23-11-09, 11:47

Almost 3 years later.....Lol.

qball

I have been informed there will be a court date on the 15th of this month to formalise and confirm the refund process.

GOLFX

Hi

What happened on the 15Th ?

i have tried to find out if my case is included but have never had any joy i did open a case in somerset east

thanks

Golf X

electronics4less

I had my money refunded (about 60%) on 31/12/2012 - what a great way to end the year!