Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Little voice warning me about seller shooters

BumbleBee

Dontcha just love our legal system :mad:

I say things like this should be dealt with the old fashioned way!

mikey_bouri

Shooters Case

Well, lets wait and see what happens and how long this will take!

prilene kistnasami

o bother some more wait........

Morne b

Hi All

I am meeting with the Investigating Officer on Monday again to assist with investigation and the case has been postponed to the 16 July 2010.

mikey_bouri

Shooters

OK thanks Morne! We're not giving up! They'll not get away with it! Even if its some money we'll get back!

LDT33

.... let's hope we get some money back....

mikey_bouri

Shooters Case

NOT GIVING UP OR BUDGING AN INCH EITHER! Lets hope that the court case on July 16

produces some results!!

Romanza
Hi All

I am meeting with the Investigating Officer on Monday again to assist with investigation and the case has been postponed to the 16 July 2010.

Thank you for assisting,its much appreciated.

GOLFX

update

hi what happened at court today?

qball

Unfortunately, I do not have much detail at this stage, but it seems the court has postponed the date again - to the 11th August. Not sure why... will hopefull have some feedback on Monday.

BumbleBee
Unfortunately, I do not have much detail at this stage, but it seems the court has postponed the date again - to the 11th August. Not sure why... will hopefull have some feedback on Monday.

Somehow I am not surprised :rolleyes:

mikey_bouri

Shooters Case

Any further news , Morne?

LDT33

Can you please give us some feedback qball? I am finding it difficult to get hold of the Investigating Officer so any feedback would be much appreciated. Is there no way we can, as a group, apply some pressure somewhere to see if we can't get this resolved? It is a joke that it keeps on being postponed.

Thanks

mikey_bouri

Shooters Case

I agree wholeheartedly! This case is "diddle daddling" along and I think it's because the court does not see the complainants as real people. This whole thing could carry on indefinitely or for years before its eventually thrown out of court.

Somehow we need to become a show of force and be seen as serious about this. Some of us lost a great deal of our hard -earned money here.

Morne b

Hi All

I do understand your frustration in this regard however please understand that the investigating officer and myself believe we have put together the strongest case possible.

But unfortunately there is very little we can do to speed up the process or put pressure for case not to be postponed.

mellowred

I started auditing books for a fraud/theft case in September last year. The suspect was first arrested in October. There have been four court appearances so far but nothing concrete has happened. The prosecution have wavered between theft and fraud and have moved the case from one court to another (our Hermanus prosecutor is not aufait with white collar crime on this scale).

You do need to have patience and continuously follow up with the prosecutor assigned to the case.

mikey_bouri

Shooters Case

Guess we will just have to be patient for now.

LDT33
I started auditing books for a fraud/theft case in September last year. The suspect was first arrested in October. There have been four court appearances so far but nothing concrete has happened. The prosecution have wavered between theft and fraud and have moved the case from one court to another (our Hermanus prosecutor is not aufait with white collar crime on this scale).

You do need to have patience and continuously follow up with the prosecutor assigned to the case.

Thanks for the feedback mellowred; I know it is a long process but the frustration is worse when you are unable to make contact with the right people, and not knowing who to contact and speak to for any information or news. Somehow it makes it even more frustrating being so far from Pretoria (Bredasdorp area!).

Anyway, thanks for the feedback everyone, including Morné. And Morné, if you can please keep us informed with any progress etc. since you mentioned you have contact (working together) with the IO.

Thanks very much

Romanza

Hopefully we'll have some positive feedback tomorrow

LDT33

Hi qball

Any feedback with regards to the 11th of August date?

Thanks

mikey_bouri

Shooters Case

Hi Morne - what happened with the court case on the 11th August?

jacque31
Hi Morne - what happened with the court case on the 11th August?

If I'm not mistaken Morne has left BoB, last day been 30th July

LDT33
If I'm not mistaken Morne has left BoB, last day been 30th July

So if he left BoB can someone else PLEASE give us feedback??? Surely someone else in BoB knows what is going on since according to Morne the investigating officer and BoB has been putting together a tough case against these scammers?

qball, please some feedback/info????

qball

Unfortunately we have had no feedback in this regard. We have tried getting hold of the IO to get feedback, we will post once we have something.

Thank you

Cuan

qball

It appears the case has been removed from the court role to allow the defendants time to supply proof to the prosecutor that they did not intend to defraud buyers - they claim the issue was with their supplier who did not deliver the goods to them. They have 2-3 weeks to supply such proof, if this cannot be supplied the prosecutor will re-arrest them and charge them criminally again.

This is unfortunate as they appear to be trying to wangle their way out of this and possibly get it to be a civil case.

That is all the information I have at the moment :mad: