Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Little voice warning me about seller shooters

murraysch

Hi Morne,

Thanks for all the assistance so far. I would just like to clarify something:

We need to open a police case for "Sale under False Pretences". Before we go, we need to do a written affidavit stating what you mentioned previously, that should then be signed and stamped by the police?

All of this we should send through to you and if necessary, get the police officer that we open the case through to contact you.

Please advise if this is correct.

Thanks

OScrapKits

I see someone has said in the ratings that "shooters" could be linked to another user "onverwacht". I don't see that this is fair to that user, unless I am wrong and have missed somthing along the way?

Morne b

Hi murraysch

You correct however it would be a case of Theft with false pretences.

qball
Please ensure the affidavit includes the following:

What was bought

Where you were located at the time of the transaction.

How payment was made

The amount paid

What bank account the funds were paid into

Include proof of payment

Include item was not delivered and no refund was received.

Also, if Sakkie Brits contacted you to force you to drop the charges, please also include this in the affidavit.

These can be forwarded to Morne, he will collate and send through to the IO.

We will be liaising closely with the IO in this matter.

Thank you.

Cuan

Hi All

Please do not simply email us this information, it must be on a affidavit, signed and stamped by the police. This can be done when you open the case at the police station.

Thank you

Cuan

SA picker

Details was forwarded to community watch.

I made a complaint on Friday about the link being closed and am glad it was re-opened.

Even if my post was deleted on Friday and not receiving a pm when ask for the details of the owner or senior manager of BOB I am still glad that some effort are being done to assist the SAPS with the case.

I hope the comments from BOB on speculation would go to rest now as the case is up and running.

On the Lizelle issue again: Sakkie phoned me about 5 times on Friday and Saterday and ask for assistance. I was on my way to Heidelberg but my contact phoned me and said that it would be a waste of time.

Just a comment on the screaming match with SAPA, It takes one small (even if inacurate) report and the damage have been done, having better systems in place in protecting the buyer would help.

qball

Hi

All correspondence can be addressed to either myself or Morne.

I did try call you last week to discuss further but as you stated you were unavailable. I am sorry we did not respond in writing to your request.

Regarding the report, yes, the damage is done, but publishing inaccurate information can lead to possible inaccuracies in the case, thus weakening it. For all concerned - the stronger the case, the better the chances of getting a successful conviction.

Kind regards

Cuan

gadgets_gems

Hi,

I'm still a bit in the dark as to what our options are if we choose NOT to make a case at SAPS. In all honesty I've dealt with the police and at this stage I wonder if it is worth the trouble. Especially if this does not guarantee that we will get any money back, or will have to pursue this matter via other legal means in any case. Maybe I should just give it to my lawyer to start with then.

:confused:

qball

A criminal case may result in a conviction and time served, plus a criminal record. To try recover money from the seller you would have to start civil proceedings against her. With the criminal investigation it may discover where the funds are or where they have been moved to, thus increasing the chances of getting your money back, although there are no guarantees in this regard.

Obviously a criminal case will still be the recommended route to follow as this may force the seller to refund buyers.

Kind regards

Cuan

johann1976

and here I'm waiting....

some of us have got jobs outside of BoB - that's actually why I buy stuff here, as I haven't got the time to go places, and live in a rural area, so you have to travel about 200km's to get decent shops.....

This is bad, I tried buying a car radio/cd, as mine was STOLEN!!!! out of my vehicle a while back - guess it's stole again - @ least this time without the cost of replacing the window!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT AJOBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

Bargain Bin
Hi

Unfortunately the bail application was not heard this morning as there was some delay at the court.

I did however meet with the IO and he has requested that if all buyers affected could please forward us the following as soon as possible.

What was bought

Where you were located at the time of the transaction.

How payment was made

The amount paid

What bank account the funds were paid into

Include proof of payment

Include item was not delivered and no refund was received.

Also, if anybody (please include there name) contacted you to request that you withdraw the charges, please also include this in the affidavit.

Please be advised that the affidavit needs to be done at a Police station and then sent through to us.

Please fax this to me on 086 509 5243 or email communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za please include your user name.

NOW IF THIS SOUNDS NEGATIVE THAT IS EXACTLY MY INTENTION AS THAT IS HOW I’M FEELING RIGHT NOW

You are telling me that I’ve got to go back to the police station and get and affidavit and this after I’ve spend my Friday afternoon at the very same police station laying charges as was suggested by BoB.

Now just out of curiosity what part of the above mentioned information could you not obtain over the phone on Thursday or Friday already?

Please don’t get me wrong I do appreciate the assistance we are finally receiving from Bid or Buy and especially from you Morne and I’m very glad to see this is finally going somewhere. Maybe I expected a little bit more...

rf1234

Hi

I also got scammed with this Shooters people and only found out today about all the rest of the people. Could somebody please let me know what to do because the staff at BOB were really unhelpful.

Thanks

Morne b

Hi

The affidavit is as per the investigating officers request and we are following there request.

We are not sure why this was not requested from us on Friday.

Morne b

Hi

I just received a call from the IO and there bail application will be heard on Friday the 18/12/2009.

BumbleBee

So, are they still in the 'slammer'?

rmckay
So, are they still in the 'slammer'?

If they haven't yet had their bail hearing, then they certainly are.

But consider the fact that their bail hearing is postponed to this friday as a GOOD THING. We know how this country works. They will be released on a few thousand rands bail and will most likely skip town. At least this way they will have served at least 1 week in jail.

AnthonyTurner

I have suspicious dealing with this seller now and have to go legal it seems to get my own back. I dont know how BOB allows this to happen without helping their clients...??

qball

Hi there

We are busy assisting our clients with this issue, we cannot open cases for you as we did not pay the money to the seller. bidorbuy could not have predicted that this would happen.

Should you require further assistance or explanation please feel free to contact us on 0861 88 0861 or email communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za.

Thank you

Cuan

lilythepink

Gadget Gems wrote: I'm still a bit in the dark as to what our options are if we choose NOT to make a case at SAPS. In all honesty I've dealt with the police and at this stage I wonder if it is worth the trouble. Especially if this does not guarantee that we will get any money back, or will have to pursue this matter via other legal means in any case. Maybe I should just give it to my lawyer to start with then.

My advice is that you unite with all the other buyers who have been scammed - the bigger the case, the harsher the punishment (and, hopefully, the heavier the bail). If you instruct your lawyer, I really doubt he can do much for you other than put you through a mill of legal fees. These scammers obviously have no money and no lawyer can get blood out of a stone.

The only way is to go ahead with a Criminal Case opened at the SAPS and the Investigating Officer asked to liaise with BoB and the Captain in Heidelberg.

If you need proper clarity, start reading these postings from page 1 and you will see that is about the only option open to you, unless of course you do nothing. But I believe that for evil to perpetuate, good people must do nothing!

My 2 cents worth for today. Good luck. :)

prilene kistnasami

to buyers who got scammed

I just thinking, i hope they dont un-freeze the accounts, cos if they do, then lizelles husband will use our hard earned cash to pay for they bail application. Then again someone mentioned theres no money in that "BRITTS account". so wheres the money? Maybe they transfered our money into another bank account.

And perhaps if they have access to that particular bank account, all our money cud be used to post bail, and used to skip the country.

prilene kistnasami

Im i the only one feeling this way ?

these days are getting more and more longer, more waiting, much more depressed , few more days till christmas, and yet no refund , and no item to show for it. !!!

what a waste. How can someone be nasty. I wish someones beats those chicks to a pulp in jail !

Im sorry, but that how angry i am. My blood is boiling :mad:.

I garantee you, if/when they get out. They will strike again. Once a criminal , always a criminal. DOnt they know crime doesnt pay !!!

you do the crime, you pay the time

OScrapKits

I can only sympathise with all the people involved in this. It has been an awful eye opening experience and I understand where prilene and others are coming from. We must stand together and make a case against these people to ensure a conviction and the harshest possible sentence being handed down to them. I know dealing with the police can be a frustrating experience, as I have found out when reporting an accident earlier this year. Contact your SAPS and ask who the chief investigating officer is and when they will be in, then opening the case will be less painful, and all the facts will be forwarded through to the Heidelberg police and hopefully they won't get bail... Chances of getting our money back are not great, however justice must prevail so all involved PLEASE, report the theft!!!

JustinRT

Morne,

Do you know if the "shooters" have obtained councel? If they have not they invariably would appoint a state defence attorney in which case it is probable that he/she will ask for a postponement thus delaying the case further. The only good part is that they would be remanded to custody and spend the festive season behind bars.

The bail hearing is dependant, among other things, their ability to travel but given the "quantum" of the fraud I do not think it is likely in my personal opinion that any sane magistrate would grant bail. notwithstanding this is SA!

I mentioned in my previous post that I was asked to pay into a Standard Bank account in the name of LJ Vand Der Velde, was anyone asked to do the same? this could be an account which has not been picked up? Even though the account details has her name as the account holder this does not necessailry mean it is her account as the electronic transfer does not validate the account holder details which are input - as with all banks in SA

prilene kistnasami

thanks bestdean. You 100% correct. Very unlikely will we be getting our money back, but at the very end they will rot behind the bars, no friends, no family niks, nadda, nothing......They brought this apon themself. I hope they get a harsh punishment. 3 years or even 5 years is not long enough for them in jail.....

ANd the humiliation they gonna have and put they innocent family through, they names gonna get dragged in the mud. I guess they never think what they where doing...

Im telling you, every time an innocent buyer made a payment into they accounts, they where smiling all the way to the bank.....well we will see whos has the last laugh ;)

gadgets_gems

Hi All,

It sounds like this is the first time most of you are conned - well it's not mine. @ R2400 it is the most I admit, was also taken for R2000 by "DazzlingGems", about a R1300 for a hard drive, and then a few small ones.

So I admit I feel guilty because I feel sorry for them. Nothing to do with "forgiveness", but if you look at the way they operated - it stinks of an opportunity that presented itself and they took it. Clever criminals they are not - but at the end of the day they are human beings that deserve to be treated fairly. If my wife had soem hair-brained scheme that went south, what would I tell the kids?

I also blamed BidOrBuy - I mean it can't be my own fault, can it? Too good to be true is generally too good to be true - and I chose to forget it. Whose fault is it? My own.

I believe we'll be lucky to get any money back. As far as losing the money - well I have saved (and made) literrally thousands of rands during the past three years or so, using BidorBuy - so at the end of the day the risk has been worth it.

I am now moving on, if I get a few cents back I'll be happy - with the bonus.

Regards,

Coen

Mapogo1981

Admin i have opened a case at Linden police station ref nr 393/12/2009. hope this will help. I have also made an affidavit which i have emailed to you.