Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Little voice warning me about seller shooters

Linka

Hi you all!

Firstly, I was not scammed and I do hope Shooters do not get bail, get a long stay in jail and more when they are found quilty in court.

What I want to say is please do not go for BOB, Morne, Cuan or any of the bidorbuy staff. They were put in a very sensitive situation when this lot started. Remember Shooters was on record as a trustworthy seller and when she explained to them about the "robbery", they gave her the benefit of the doubt as they would have done with any of us high rated sellers.

BOB could not send out e-mails telling all their clients that the sellers were in jail before they could found out more details and what the charged were for the arrest............. it could have been something completely unrelated like driving under the influence or it could have damaged the case at that point. THAT is why Morne is going to see the IO first before BOB can make an statement.

I know how it feels to be scammed. I was scammed more than once on eBay for quite a few thousand Rand. I also know the anger and the helpless feeling of not being able to open a case against the faudsters because they are in another country. So you all have my deepest sympathy but PLEASE stop blaming because you are angry and let the guys do their job. It is so easy to say if only they......... What happened happened and I am sure if BOB knew what they knew now, things would have been different........... like saying if only you knew what you know now you would not have paid so soon or at all........

Most of the people who were scammed with these "investment" pyramid schemes also reacted to an advertisement in a newspaper. Are they now blaming the newspapers? The newspapers also only reacted after they knew all the facts. They get all the advertisement fees before they place the advert, so they lost nothing. BOB is losing money as it is with all the extra costs.

I still love you all at bidorbuy and appreciate all you do for us as Sellers and Buyers. It hurts me deeply when I read all the accusations.

Take care :-)

Linka ;)

Waylander66

terrible first experience on bob

Hi all.

I am a new member to bidorbuy. I joined a month ago and my first sale was from shooters.

A horrendous first experience.

Admin my case number at mondeor police station is CAS 307/12/2009.

I can not bring myself to ever transact on bob again and will advise everyone I know and come across not to transact as well.

BumbleBee

Hi Waylander

I sympathize with you, :( and as one who was also ripped off by shooters I can understand how you feel :mad: and don't blame you for not wanting to buy on BoB again, just keep in mind that we're not all scammers. ;)

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Waylander

My sympathies with your situation. I know this is a difficult experience to go through, but rest assured that 99% of BoB sellers are not scammers. It's just a pity you got caught with this one. Please remember that scamming can happen anywhere and obviously BoB is not immune. This is unfortunately the world we live in. Please don't blame BoB and stop using the site. The alert users do try and keep the site clean by reporting suspicious sellers and most are stopped in their tracks before anything bad can happen.;)

qball
I'm well aware of this, they've done this in this week when I bought items from a suspected scammer. I reported the seller (Items for sale from DrPienaar on bidorbuy.co.za) and within half an hour I received a warning from BoB and the seller was blacklisted. This is not meant to judge BoB in any way. Just a simple question:

WHY HAVEN'T THEY DONE IT IN THIS CASE?

Why are there still buyers out there with no clue that they've been taken for a ride?

Now the guy I reported was an obvious scammer with shooters there was always still a little bit of hope, but now it's been confirmed and reconfirmed and reconfirmed that we got scammed. I mean hell this girl is sitting behind bars and still no mail from BoB. Why would that be? Did somebody simply forgot to send the mail?

From what I've read in this thread and on this forum this type of thing happens on a semi regular basis on BoB obviously not on this scale (and I’m sure more often than that on similar less regulated sites) but, I've seen three suspected scammers blacklisted just in the time since THIS thread has been opened. The guy I reported managed to get money from only one person as far as I can tell but that is one too many.

Now this is just a suggestion but BoB should seriously consider getting a policy in place for this type of thing. Maybe send the initial mail warning the buyers that the seller has been blacklisted due to suspicious activity and not to pay over any money until the matter has been resolved. Once it is confirmed that the seller was indeed a scammer send a second mail with detailed instructions on what protocol/ course of action to follow if you did pay over any money. Something like a “how to guide” for people that suspect they got scammed. I’m sure Morne has more than ample experience dealing with these type of things to get something like that in place without any real effort.

Give the victims ALL the assistance they require and do everything in your power to get convictions even for the smallest amount because it looks like these criminals think of BoB as a soft target you/we cannot allow that to happen.

Speaking for myself I felt pretty helpless/foolish when I realised I got scammed and TOTALLY frustrated with lack of real support or guidance from BoB’s side. When this thread was closed after a couple of tough questions was asked and Dave69’s (I think) thread and my own got deleted without any explanation I felt even more victimised not even to mention totally p.... off and these feelings weren’t aimed at the scammers but at BoB. This resulted in 2 or 3 of my posts being deleted from this thread after they reopened it.

Now all of this could have been avoided if I only received some assistance or guidance from BoB. Like I said before I don’t get conned every month but I DO buy and sell something on BoB every month. There are plenty information available on “how to become a seller” “how to buy on BoB” but maybe I’m looking in the wrong places but I could not find anything on “how to proceed if you get conned”

So management PLEASE consider the above proposal and give us something more than:

“Dear Client

Please note you need to open a case of theft against the seller at your local SAPS and provide them with the banking details you paid the funds into.

Please ask the officer at the police station to contact our security department on 011-3670000 for more information on the seller

Kind regards”

Hi All

Again, we understand your anger and frustration.

This question has been asked and answered several times in this thread. All buyers were notified when the account was blacklisted. Unfortunately the email response regarding the opening of a case is what you will receive, that is the process that needs to be followed. Guidance and advice has been given to the users, repeatedly. It is now in the hands of the authorities and we will get feedback once the accused have appeared in court today.

We don't mind users voicing their concerns on the forum, however, we will remove postings should we feel it necessary, whether you agree with this or not. The course of action required has been repeatedly explained to those affected. Unfortunately is a bit of a waiting game now.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

Kind regards

Cuan

murraysch

Good day All,

I haven't opened a police case for my loss, as I was waiting to get more information. As things have evolved they way they have, I will definitely be going to do this. I lost R2800 in this and obviously very disappointed.

I look forward to hearing from Morne and the outcome of today. My only concern is that will my case be added to the other cases or is it too late for this? I am hoping that those out there that don't realise what has happened, will still be able to open cases and strengthen this.

I must say thanks to Bumblebee Fashions for starting this thread and having the initial concern. It appears that your cencerns at the beginning were very Valid. I think we all need to stand together now to take them down!

What do we do with our case number when we get it? Send it to Morne?

Thanks

qball
I bought from them while they still had stock, spent more than R2500.00.

This is not affecting the buyers who've been scammed or Bidorbuy. It affects all other Bidorbuy users as we also stand to loose a lot of potential buyers and especially new buyers would run away after reading all these stories.

Just my 2c worth, I know Bidorbuy has sent the blacklist emails, cant you guys send a more specific email about this issue, like inform buyers to open cases and also update them these people have been arrested or whatever the truth is.

Maybe even call each user and inform them or send sms or something like that. Some people dont take the time to read an email thoroughly.

Sipho

Unfortunately we cannot for legal reasons send a detailed or more specific email as to the reason, as we can only assume that it is fraud, we cannot claim this in the event of this not being proven yet.

Kind regards

Cuan

brownt

I just received a reminder to rate Shooters... LoL

I also received a call late friday night from a guy whose name I didn't quite get, He gave me some phony story that they won't be getting more stock from their suppliers. Eventhough I didn't get all he was saying, but I'm sure I heard something bout Game. Such a twisted story. Said he'll be calling everyone to get their banking details so they can give them refunds, however the bank account has been frozen, but the police are not letting them in on what's going on!:confused:

He also begged me not to open a case a with the police, which convinced me more than ever to take a step to open the case, if not to get my money back but to help build up a strong case for all those Bobers who were done so much injustice

I hope Lizelle rots in jail and this be a lesson to all those people who surround her..

qball

Please contact Capt Mhlambi on: 016 341 3361, with your case details. He is the investigating officer in Heidelberg. Please ensure you also fill in an affidavit stating you have not received the goods since making payment.

We are busy drafting an email to all concerned regarding this matter to advise what course of action to take. We are looking into why some of you did not receive the blacklisting email. We apologise if this has caused any inconvenience.

Please also do not withdraw the case until a refund has been forthcoming.

Thank you

prilene kistnasami

Hello Morne !

I heard you on your way back to BOB officers.

Pls tell us asap, what is happening ? We are all anxious to know the latest ???

DotNetAce

Class Civil Action

Hi All,

By opening criminal cases we are anly allowing the police to build a strong enough case for a conviction, and if found guilty a jail sentence. In order to get our money refunded we will have to take a class action and open a civil case against them. This means we need to get a lawyer who will act on behalf of all of us who got scammed. We will need everone affected to list the items bought, amounts etc. and make corresponding affidavits stating that we did not receive any of the items paid for. The lawyer will then need to find out what assets they have and if it is enough to cover all the refunds. All assets will then be sold on public auction to cover our costs. If anyone knows a good lawyer who is willing to assist please state their details here. We need to make a combined stand if we want to get any money back.

Regards

DotNetAce

Canon 450D digital Camera bundle R5050 incl shipping of R150

Vagito

And in my case what should i do? Im on my way to the SA embassy but i dont know what will happen. If there are refunds (unlikely) how will i get my money seeing that i dont have a south african bank account?

Suggestion to BoB: Start planning an escrow service/getting a system like paypal or only accept business from a certain ammount from verified sellers.

Buyers suggestion: check very well with whom u do business. I know i will

meeks

Little voice warning me about

Hi All,

By opening criminal cases we are anly allowing the police to build a strong enough case for a conviction, and if found guilty a jail sentence. In order to get our money refunded we will have to take a class action and open a civil case against them. This means we need to get a lawyer who will act on behalf of all of us who got scammed. We will need everone affected to list the items bought, amounts etc. and make corresponding affidavits stating that we did not receive any of the items paid for. The lawyer will then need to find out what assets they have and if it is enough to cover all the refunds. All assets will then be sold on public auction to cover our costs. If anyone knows a good lawyer who is willing to assist please state their details here. We need to make a combined stand if we want to get any money back.

Regards

DotNetAce

Canon 450D digital Camera bundle R5050 incl shipping of R150

Hi,

I dont think we allowed to post the name/s of attorneys here, so will pm you, you can not go wrong with this one, believe me, but as I do not know where you are situated, maybe someone who is in Pretoria, can take the innitiative?

qball

Please ensure the affidavit includes the following:

What was bought

Where you were located at the time of the transaction.

How payment was made

The amount paid

What bank account the funds were paid into

Include proof of payment

Include item was not delivered and no refund was received.

Also, if Sakkie Brits contacted you to force you to drop the charges, please also include this in the affidavit.

These can be forwarded to Morne, he will collate and send through to the IO.

We will be liaising closely with the IO in this matter.

Thank you.

Cuan

qball
And in my case what should i do? Im on my way to the SA embassy but i dont know what will happen. If there are refunds (unlikely) how will i get my money seeing that i dont have a south african bank account?

Suggestion to BoB: Start planning an escrow service/getting a system like paypal or only accept business from a certain ammount from verified sellers.

Buyers suggestion: check very well with whom u do business. I know i will

I am not sure what will happen in your case. See what the embassy has to say, this is a first for us too, so we would not be able to advise you on this... perhaps the Namibian authorities can contact SAPS for assistance?

We used to offer an escrow service called THIRT, they have now closed down. There are no other online escrow services in SA. A buyer can insist on this with the seller but would have to utilise a foreign based escrow company. Unfortunately paypal cannot be considered in this country due to Reserve Bank regulations. SA based buyers can use it to make payments to overseas sellers only. It cannot be used to accept funds.

Morne b

Hi

Unfortunately the bail application was not heard this morning as there was some delay at the court.

I did however meet with the IO and he has requested that if all buyers affected could please forward us the following as soon as possible.

What was bought

How payment was made

The amount paid

Include proof of payment

Also, if anybody (please include there name) contacted you to request that you withdraw the charges, please also include this in the affidavit.

Please be advised that the affidavit needs to be done at a Police station and then sent through to us.

Please fax this to me on 086 509 5243 or email communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za please include your user name.

OScrapKits

I'm confused... Must be my blonde Irish brain... Do i have to open a case with my local SAPS as well as do an affidavit to forward to BoB?

Romanza
Hi

Unfortunately the bail application was not heard this morning as there was some delay at the court.

I did however meet with the IO and he has requested that if all buyers affected could please forward us the following as soon as possible.

What was bought

How payment was made

The amount paid

Include proof of payment

Also, if anybody (please include there name) contacted you to request that you withdraw the charges, please also include this in the affidavit.

Please fax this to me on 086 509 5243 or email communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za please include your user name.

Hi Morne

Must one report the matter to the police station first before submitting the information you requested?

Morne b

Hi

I would strongly recommend that you open a case and supply me with the affidavit as well.

OScrapKits

Thank you Morne. Please be advised that I received no blacklisting email. I received no notification whatsoever about this problem from BoB and it's only because I am curious and somewhat nosy that I read through all the ratings and found the link to this forum. Had I not done that I would never had known about the forum. Please be advised that while I do believe that the BoB team has done a good job regarding this, I believe a great job could have been done if ALL BoB users were notified simultaneously that "shooters" was a suspicious user.

BumbleBee
I believe a great job could have been done if ALL BoB users were notified simultaneously that "shooters" was a suspicious user.

Definitely something to consider for the future

qball

Hi All

After discussing it internally we will be looking to add an alert notification to affected users, we thank you for your suggestions thus far, this will help improve the site, as it seems that the current set up is not working as it should. We do apologise for this.

Please do take note, that we generally do not always send out emails based on suspicions or opinions, we try find something concrete first before taking action. We then took the necessary steps, removed all their items, removed their selling status, sent them warnings and attempted to make contact to resolve these issues, this ultimately lead to their account being blacklisted.

Kind regards

Cuan

OScrapKits

It would appear that there are still buyers out there totally oblivious to what is going on - look at the ratings and you will see what I mean...

qball

These buyers will be notified and advised on what steps to take.

Kind regards

Cuan

OScrapKits

Thank you Cuan, I understand that this is a very difficult situation for you... At least we are being heard and all of us can learn from this. Many many many thanks