Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Little voice warning me about seller shooters

lilythepink

Hi n gerhardt. Please telephone the Admin Team on 0861 800 861 and they will tell you how to go about laying a fraud charge against the seller. BoB do not give out personal info - they cannot legally do this - except to the SAPS. BoB are most helpful and give you all the assistance you require.

SJY
Hi

The seller has contacted bidorbuy and has told us that she will try and resolve these issues within the next week or two.

Her ability to sell on the site has been removed however she will still have access to conclude outstanding deals.

Apparently her is going through some difficultly and this has caused these delays. We are also trying assist buyers in trying to resolve these issues. We have also advised the seller that she needs to have her phone on and reply to mails.

Hi Morne

The seller's phone is constantly off, and I have not gotten a hold of her. She does not reply to her e-mails.

Please advise as to what is going on, or what process can we all follow to have this resolved.

SA picker

Update. I spoke to the lady that worked for her by the name of Krista(she still answers her phone). She confirmed that she stopped working there on Friday and that Lizelle is about to move from her house. This all is now getting very bad. Fortunately technology from cellphones and locations could help here with the SAPS investigation as I recorded all the calls made to her and Lizelle.

SJY
Update. I spoke to the lady that worked for her by the name of Krista(she still answers her phone). She confirmed that she stopped working there on Friday and that Lizelle is about to move from her house. This all is now getting very bad. Fortunately technology from cellphones and locations could help here with the SAPS investigation as I recorded all the calls made to her and Lizelle.

Hi

Thanks

Bertman Trading

Hello SJY,

Please PM n_gerhardt with your phone number as Personal details are not allowed on the forum.

Please remove your contact details.

JustinRT

I too have had a "wonderful" experience with this seller. I bought a mini hi-fi with an lcd screen during mid november - first had to send three emails and make two phone calls before I got the banking details. Then the wait..........

Started requesting the tracking number and to no avail dispite numerous promises. She then got some other lady to call me to ask for my banking details - two weeks ago - and still no refund. The best part is that she asks if I can please change the rating! I refused as this indicates the service/experience I had with her

I read some of the comments here and while I can empathise with her situation if you cant cook you should stay far away from the kitchen!

I have written this money off as I probably will never get it back, also an legal action would just cost me more anyway.

The only way that would work however is if we brought in some collective action?

qball

Hi All

At this stage the recommendation to anyone who still has outstanding orders with Lizelle or cannot get hold of her, is to open a case of theft under false pretences at your local SAPS office. Please note - we will only supply the details of the seller to the police, as is required by law and our privacy policy. Please do not request the ID or address of the seller from us, as this will not be given to you. We will assist the police in any way we can with the investigation.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding in this regard.

Kind regards

Cuan

Dave96

Contact details

I have also been waiting for weeks...have given her the benefit of the doubt and actually reprimanded MYSELF for not showing enough sympathy with her situation regarding the robbery etc.etc.

Now I am becoming more alarmed.......based mostly on the negative ratings and the comments on this forum. Tried to call her a few minutes ago...all I got was voice-mail, but could not leave a message because the mailbox was full. Can somebody please forward Christa's number to me....I am wiling to drive through to Heidelberg this afternoon if I can get some indication of where Lizelle vd Velde could be located!

Christa is not a member of BoB, therefore, strictly speaking, her contact numbers are not covered by BoBs privacy ploicy??

SA picker

Cuan it is not that easy to except if you just lost thousands of rands. The buyer needs better protection and is entitled to the info of a seller if he/she has been ripped off.

I have opened a case with the SAPS and will reveal as I investigate more. You can see most of the stuff delivered was small items and I just heard that the posibility exist that they bought cheaper items, delivered them just to get a rating whiles they are pocketing the big bucks of the bigger items.

I have a suspition that the Krista is also involved but a friend in the organised crime unit is busy to assist in tracking the gps on the cell that Krista has used. It is strange that BOB can get hold of them so easily and we can not.

I am well known in the photography industry and will warn on all the websites that I am involved with potential buyers to look out for what just happened to me on Bid or Buy.

Never buy from someone that is not a VERIFIED seller.

Romanza
Cuan it is not that easy to except if you just lost thousands of rands. The buyer needs better protection and is entitled to the info of a seller if he/she has been ripped off.

I have opened a case with the SAPS and will reveal as I investigate more. . You can see most of the stuff delivered was small items and I just heard that the posibility exist that they bought cheaper items, delivered them just to get a rating whiles they are pocketing the big bucks of the bigger items.

I have a suspition that the Krista is also involved but a friend in the organised crime unit is busy to assist in tracking the gps on the cell that Krista has used. It is strange that BOB can get hold of them so easily and we can not.

I am well known in the photography industry and will warn on all the websites that I am involved with potential buyers to look out for what just happened to me on Bid or Buy.

Never buy from someone that is not a VERIFIED seller.

I have just been contacted by a consultant at FNB who asked me several questions about the transfer(R6750) i made to Lizelle's account and she told me that there were lots of transfers which were made to that account, when i requested if its possible to reverse the transaction she said unfortunately not since all the amount has been withdrawn from Lizelle's account; she thinks that we have been scammed...

n_gerhardt i will appreciate it if you can keep me posted on this as we are in the same boat.

BumbleBee

I am still hoping that this is not a scam, I am willing to drive 450km from Tzaneen to fetch my item if I can be assured it is there. I will be contacting the fraud unit next week if I don't hear some good news soon.

qball

Unfortunately you all need to follow the process and procedures already advised, this is the only way we will deal with this matter. bidorbuy has also had no luck in contacting the seller in teh last 2 or 3 days. However, the seller has sent us mails at the beginning of this week regarding some of the issues brought to our attention. If you guys cannot abide by the forum rules we will be forced to shut down this thread and any future threads on this topic.

Again, we request that you do not post personal details of any person on this forum.

Lastly, there is no way bidorbuy or anyone could have predicted these events. As a buyer you are not "entitled" to this information unless you follow the correct procedure. It has not been proven that fraud has taken place, at the moment this is merely an opinion, hearsay and suspicions. We do not act on these. If the police believe fraud or theft has taken place they will pursue the matter and we will assist them with the investigation. Buyers have protection as accorded to them by law, but the legal process must be followed in these matters.

We trust you will all co-operate with us in this regard and abide by the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding and patience in this regard.

Kind regards

Cuan

qball
I have also been waiting for weeks...have given her the benefit of the doubt and actually reprimanded MYSELF for not showing enough sympathy with her situation regarding the robbery etc.etc.

Now I am becoming more alarmed.......based mostly on the negative ratings and the comments on this forum. Tried to call her a few minutes ago...all I got was voice-mail, but could not leave a message because the mailbox was full. Can somebody please forward Christa's number to me....I am wiling to drive through to Heidelberg this afternoon if I can get some indication of where Lizelle vd Velde could be located!

Christa is not a member of BoB, therefore, strictly speaking, her contact numbers are not covered by BoBs privacy ploicy??

Regardless of whether they are member or not, publishing someone's contact details without their consent can be considered a breach of their privacy and has legal consequences. That is why we do not allow it. Please ensure you all comply with this. Our forum rules state no contact details.

Thank you.

BumbleBee

Cuan, I agree that this thread is getting a bit out of hand, but please understand that this is all we have to go on. How else will we know what to think?

I am very disappointed with this seller's performance, something tells me that this is not a scam but mearly a case of extreme misfurtune on the part of the seller. I could be wrong but I would prefer to believe that.

If we could just get some indication that she is still trying to fix this it would settle a lot of tempers and put a few minds at ease.

SA picker

Sorry, didnt want to cause problems for BOB management and I respect the forum rules. If anyone wants more info then they can pm me. Please report at SAPS as stated.

Thx

Gerhardt

Dave96

Connections.....

I also thought there might be a link between "shooters" and "onverwacht", but spoke to "onverwacht" this morning and sheassures me that there is no connection. I did recently buy a TV through "onverwacht" and it was delivered as promised.

GOLD FINGER
:D Excellent - Worried for a moment.

qball

We understand the frustration many of you have at the moment, but the seller has repeatedly told us she will try to sort out these issues and we have also been battling to get a response from her. We do not have dates or timelines.

Regardless of people's emotions and feelings, there needs to be some kind of decorum on the forum, otherwise it just becomes chaos, and as a public forum, anything you say can be used against you in a court of law should you falsely accuse someone of wrong doing, this includes defamation, crimen injuria, etc. and you could face civil action in a court of law.

We do appreciate your patience and co-operation in this regard.

Thank you once again.

Kind regards

Cuan

SA picker

Suprised!!!!, Just got a call from Lizelle and she ask for my banking details as she want to pay the money back. She promised (as before) to do it today.

I informed her that I have opened a case of fraud and that I will only pull it back once the money have been reflected in my account.

Now lets pray it works out in the right way for all involved.

BumbleBee

Awesome! Thats a good sign.

Although I really DO want the item I purchased rather than a refund. Like I said before I am prepared to fetch it myself.

murraysch

Hi All,

So I can add I'm in the same boat. I have been patient and never really checked back at the sellers page until Monday and then I started getting worried. So I tried to call, but only voice mail, then I emailed and no response.

I won the auction on 26 November, paid the money the next day, sent proof of payment and asked the seller some questions and I have never heard back from her.

I have read Morne's previous post and he sounded quite confident that the problems would be resolved, but all I ask is for a reply to say sorry its been hectic here but I am attending to it. At least we'd know that she's still around. Or offer a refund.

Not quite sure what to do from here, but I'll keep trying and watching this thread and hope to hear that n_Gerhard comes right. At least it will ease the worrying.

ClickandShip

I too purchased a ''BARGAIN'' However I must add that I have checked the ratings and in many of them have found that they have been updated to state that she has issued a refund. I feel that if this was a scam - NOBODY would be getting anything. I suspect she has had a rough one and is trying to refund as far as finances allow. We need to remember that if in fact she was robbed of her stock, she has suffered a SERIOUS financial setback that cannot be rectified in a day. I will live in hope.

SA picker

It seems that there is quite a few that have problems and between us we have communicated the last few hours to seek some sort of solution. Spoke to some that got their items and still feels she is credible.

Like I said; she has just contacted me from the 087 number, but none off the others that I know off.

Hopefully there will be some more possitive info as we get feedback from others.

LDT33

I won the auction for a Canon 450D and paid R6300 + R150 courier cost. Money I actually borrowed from my bank to be able to pay for the camera (silly of me I know but photography is really something I want to get into). I truly hope and pray with all my heart that I'll either get my money back or the item I purchased. Stress levels are really so high and if I can just get ANY sort of response from Lizelle it would be great.

I hope every one of us will either get the product we bought or a refund...