Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Little voice warning me about seller shooters

mikey_bouri

Shooters Case

That's all very well in theory - why haven't we as "clients" had our day in court -and if this is what these" fraudsters" are claiming then why wasn't our money refunded immediately in the 1st place???

C'mon BOB - MAKE A NOISE FOR US!!

qball

Hi Mikey

I couldn't agree with you more. Why did they not refund the money?

Unfortunately this is a decision by the prosecutor, we cannot tell them how they should be running the case. May I suggest contacting the IO again to apply pressure, the more voices we have the better.

Thanks

Cuan

electronics4less

Contacted by the IO

For what it's worth, the IO called me today and is coming to Pretoria tomorrow to take another statement from me. Not sure why or what it means, but will update once I've seen him tomorrow :o.

(gadgets_gems was my id when scammed)

Cheers,

Coen

davan

You need to establish - who the complainants in this case ?

If Bid or Buy is the complainant - only they need to be in court during this times.

What I think is the case is that the case has not even been set for Trial yet. Its still in the Pre-Trial phase - in this phase you see a lot of remands for Further Investigation etc etc etc.

If QBall mentioned that they will be re-arrested - then what has happend is all charges have been "provisionally" withdrawn against them. Which means that they are not on bail anymore - all bail conditions have been removed. They are free to travel etc etc etc .

Also, you must remember that in Criminal Cases the burden of proof lies with the State, which means that the state must prove that the suspects are quilty - not that the suspects must prove that they are innocent.

If you are unhappy - you need to draft a letter to the Public Prosecutor if not the Control Prosecutor for that court. If you put sufficient pressure on the prosecutor they are obliged to take this case further.

Unforturnately - the South African Court systems are always on a go slow and cases like this dont receive the attention they deserve. One thing I learnt about courts - dont put all your trust in one person. You need to have backup plans and plan B's.

Remember, Once that Presiding Magistrates states that the charges are withdrawn - or the suspects are acquitted - the case is over.

lilythepink

Sorry, I cannot agree with you about a case being withdrawn means that a case is over - it can be re-opened when new evidence comes to light! However, in the case of an acquittal it means that a case has been heard in its entirety and the accused has been found not guilty.

electronics4less

The case is not dead!

The IO came all the way to Pretoria, to get another statement from me, as he needs an original statement and not a fax for court. I was quite impressed with him, I must say.

To me this means the case is not dead - he is visiting most of the 30 complainants again to get statements, I think it's next scheduled for 1 Sept if I recall his words correctly.

Romanza
The IO came all the way to Pretoria, to get another statement from me, as he needs an original statement and not a fax for court. I was quite impressed with him, I must say.

To me this means the case is not dead - he is visiting most of the 30 complainants again to get statements, I think it's next scheduled for 1 Sept if I recall his words correctly.

That's grt. I hope we do have a strong case

LDT33

Do you perhaps have his contact number? I need to give him a call (Captain Moleko I think?). If anyone can assist with his number I'd be grateful.

davan
Sorry, I cannot agree with you about a case being withdrawn means that a case is over - it can be re-opened when new evidence comes to light! However, in the case of an acquittal it means that a case has been heard in its entirety and the accused has been found not guilty.

What I meant to say was that when charges are withdrawn , bail conditions are removed, bail is refunded and passports are handed back etc. If these are sneaky suspects they can skip.

LDT33

qball, can you PLEASE supply me with the contact number for the IO???? Thanks in advance.

qball

Capt Maleka - 011 871 5000 (Germiston)

mikey_bouri

Shooters case

Hi Cuan

Can you please inform us as to when the next Court-case is due?

Also what dep at Gerniston SAPS is this Capt Maleka (see prev post) Cant

get hold of him on the number supplied. (SAPS at Germiston say they don't know him)

Many thanks,

MIKE

qball

Hi Mikey

Please see my pm... I have spoken to the Captain, he is off to CT to get more statements and evidence next week, he has been travelling a lot around the country, not sure when the next date for court will be... once he has more evidence and statements they will issue summons again...

Cheers

Cuan

mikey_bouri

Shooters case

Hi Cuan

any further news on the"SHOOTERS CASE" - Like another trial date?

thanks

Mike

qball

Hi Mike

Nothing as yet, might have feedback next week from the Captain.

Will keep you informed.

Kind regards

Cuan

mikey_bouri

Shooters case

Hi Cuan!

Just an update:

Capt Moleka phoned me this morning (29-9-2010) - looks like there is going to be a court-case next week sometime, as

he required some info ie correspondence with Shooters and my proof of payment.

regards

Mike

qball

That is encouraging news!

Thanks for letting us know Mike.

mikey_bouri

Shooters case

Hi Cuan

Just an update again! Spoke to Capt. Moleka this morning. I tried to get some info regarding the case. It appears

that there will be a court-case early next month & that they may/will plead guilty and some of the monies in the "frozen Account" will (hopefully) be distributed to us. The Captain also kindly indicated that he will let me know - in which case I will update everyone.

regards

Mike

Edited by mikey_bouri

BumbleBabe

Thanks for the update. Appreciate it

qball

Thanks Mike, we did try calling him yesterday, but couldn't get hold of him... good to see things are moving again.

If we hear anything we will post here too.

Kind regards

Cuan

mikey_bouri

Shooters case

Hi Cuan and everyone!

Spoke to Capt Moleka today (3-11-2010) - The "Shooters" Court Case is going to be next week sometime!

See if you can add some "pressure" on the whole thing.

regards

Mike

qball

Thanks Mike, we did try call him yesterday, and left a message for him, we were told to phone back tomorrow morning... let's hope we get some more details...

mikey_bouri

Sdhooters case

Hi all! Spoke to the Captain a short while ago:(10-11-2010 @15:40) Said court-case was still going ahead this week and

he would keep me informed - in which case I would do the same on this "Shooters" thread.

Kind regards

Mike

GOLFX

Shooters

hi i opened a case in somerset east when this all started and the file was sent to the officer and just want to know if my case is part of the case?

mikey_bouri

Shooters case

Hi Golfx

It should be - don't see why not. I suggest you contact Capt Moleka and fax him through

your proof of payment etc etc - just as we did. In the meantime i am trying to contact him to find out the very latest on

the case. pls keep watching this forum.

Regards

Mike