Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Little voice warning me about seller shooters

shaun bownes

I have to agree with gadgets gems ..I was in heidelberg this past week,and these people had some bad luck,but still went out of their way to help me,even though she had trouble that day..( she was mugged when her bakkie broke down(stock then stollen of the bakkie),the stock she picked up to deliver to her customers,she stil tried helping me and assured me i will receive my purchased item,and that is the reason why she didn,t post items the last couple days,but still after all that happend she is back on BOB selling and doing her best, so yes she is still new and still learning,so instead of complaining about her the whole time,how about some consideration( LIKE STATED IN HER SELLING ADD)..DELIVERY WILL BE 10 TO 15 DAYS..SO if you read the conditions and then still buy ,and then complain about delivery time...well then don,t buy ..She clearly states 10 to 15 days..So give the lady a break...

mellowred

My main concern is the prices. Well below cost on the few I looked at. In some cases almost half of cost. :confused:

Technik

OK – So maybe my sense of “Community” slightly differs from that of other persons – that’s probably what makes us human, the fact that we have the power of choice and opinion. If I am out of line, off topic – my apologies in advance.

I’ve been watching this thread with some interest. I have also bought from this seller, experienced the cryptic e-mails, as well as the quite eloquent tele-conversations (which makes up for the e-mails). Can’t say that I also got worried – after all ~ R 4.5K is a lot of money to have paid and risking the possibility of not receiving the goods – and the resultant legal wrangle afterwards – with no possibility of recovering the money in any case, cause the lawyers will smile nicely, say thank you – and pocket their fees – on top of the original loss.

Knowing that the Seller has had some unfortunate luck – she contacted me, explained her situation, offered the SAPS case number as proof that it is not just some excuse – I had the painful experience of thinking, to myself, “Is there any way in which I can make this situation better” ? My eye caught the “Community” in Community Watch and decided that the only thing to do is to pick up the phone and offer to help. I’m down in KZN (home of THE SHARKS!) – so I offered to make my infrastructure available for local deliveries.

People’s pride often trip them over – not so bad to ask for help. So – are there any of the guys up in Gauteng that can perhaps lend a helping hand to a member of our “community”? – even if it is just by offering some advice. It could turn out to be a good learning experience for the seller. I would hate to see her leave BoB – she has the nicest goodies up for auction!

In the end we could all win something from the experience – even if it's just the lekker feeling to have helped someone in need.

BumbleBee

Its great that there are still people who are willing to help others who are genuinly in need of it. Well done Technik! :)

However, how do you explain why the seller insists on a 10 to 15 waiting period for items she has in stock that the buyer wants to collect in person? It makes no sense to me.....any ideas?

lilythepink

"In the end we could all win something from the experience – even if it's just the lekker feeling to have helped someone in need."

I'd be happy to help if there's any way I can do so from Grahamstown! Please let her know, Technik. I don't have her details.

SA picker

I have also paid my money over with speed services and all. It is just that she needs to communicate as the agreement was that I will receive my item on Sunday.

Yesterday when I phoned someone actually answered and promise she will phone back. He also confirmed the item was there, but to no avail as yet. If the item wasnt such a bargain I would defenately not have bought it with her ratings.

But lets give her the benefit of doubt and wait for the ten days to pass and hopefully I will receive my item.

Anybody got an alternative number than the ones she listed.

mellowred

In the end we could all win something from the experience – even if it's just the lekker feeling to have helped someone in need.

Technik - I love your spirit. Nice one, and hope you have a blessed week. :)

Shuaib_S

hi..ive recently won the same dvd player from shooters at R1400 on a crazy wednesday auction and im jus t as woried as bumblebee, ive paid the money already and now when i phone her "associate" answers and says she will get back to me but never does.. i hope she delivers.. :(

lilythepink

Hi Shuaib. Have you reported this to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za? They usually sort Sellers out pronto (just give them at least 24 hours to come back to you).

SA picker

I also see that she has since removed her telephone and cell number from her information and only has an e-mail available. Now I am realy getting worried.

daisyjewel

My husband bought a DVD system from her -- she sent the wrong model and he had to return it at his own cost (about R150). She was going to send a replacement (the advertised model) -- still nothing -- and that was 7 weeks ago. He also bought another item about the same time -- 7 weeks ago -- and has received no tracking no and nothing but empty promises of assistance. Something is not right here :confused:

Shuaib_S

and she is displaying her account number on the item page!

BumbleBee

Well, after all this huffing and puffing and arguing and stuff, I still have not received my unit or any word from this seller. The order was placed on the 22nd of Nov and paid for on the 23rd of Nov. If I start counting from the 24th then tomorrow will be day 15 and still squat! Ag shame, she must be so overworked, yet she is still listing items and taking orders! Come on BoB, I think its time to do something about this!

I see most of her unhappy buyers are getting refunds, If I wanted a refund I would not have bid on this item....I want what I paid for, I don't think that is an unfair request.

mellowred
she must be so overworked, yet she is still listing items and taking orders! Come on BoB, I think its time to do something about this!

That's the thought that crossed my mind too. But her last sale was on 4th. Still hoping that this is a genuine crisis, but as stated before those prices worry me.

I'm working at a furniture outlet at the moment, and all her items are well below cost. My Q is where does she get them (if she does :confused:).

Holding thumbs for the buyers.

dstorm

Hello all

I just love mathematics.

Seller sold 804 items in three months. Received 197 positive ratings. Let’s call it a 25% hit rate.

Regards

Jacques

Mad about Jack

Is this not the same seller as micavd?

GOLD FINGER

:eek: Negatives are coming in fast now...

lilythepink

I think this Forum is more than just a "forum" - seems like it's BoB's No. 1 detective agency. lol :P

Morne b

Hi

The seller has contacted bidorbuy and has told us that she will try and resolve these issues within the next week or two.

Her ability to sell on the site has been removed however she will still have access to conclude outstanding deals.

Apparently her is going through some difficultly and this has caused these delays. We are also trying assist buyers in trying to resolve these issues. We have also advised the seller that she needs to have her phone on and reply to mails.

BumbleBee

Thanks for the update Morne, we are all going a bit nuts here. I hate being kept in the dark, if only she would send a short reply to emails, just to reassure buyers that she is still there and trying to sort things out for us.

I can imagine that (if its the case) she is a bit overwhelmed with the sales she has done. I have an embroidery shop and sometimes things get a bit crazy, but that doesn't mean you can just ignore your customers and hope they leave you alone. There are 24 hours in a day, I know because I often use all of them.

sbee

Re-Fund ??????? From Shooters

Hi Guy's 'n Gals

I am also in the boat now, paid almost a month ago and got nothing, Been promised a re-fund for well over a week now.

Hoping Morne can assist us all with this one and Blacklist Shooter's Shortly.

SA picker

Eish, never thought I would encounter such a bad experience on bid or buy. It looks like R5000-00 is down the drain. This is not good for any site and we need full details of the seller, Adress, Id etc. Please provide us with it.