Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Little voice warning me about seller shooters

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

I have won an auction from a seller named "shooters"

Radios & Receivers - car audio dvd kw-avx725 jvc for sale in Heidelberg

I won the auction for R1600, the indicated market price is R2200, a little bit of Googling on the model number shows that similar units sell for around R4500 - R6000. She says that the item is in stock but will only ship in 10 to 15 days. Her e-mails are just as unprofessional as her listings. Whats more, she closed the listing early without me asking her to. This has "suspicious activity" written all over it.

I have every intention of following through on this order if the seller is legit. Does anyone know this seller?

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Hi, let us see one of her mails, in what way is this seller doing any thing wrong?

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

I got this e-mailed to me when the auction closed, she does not include her banking details in the email BoB sends out when the order is completed.

------------------------------------

fnb

acc,number.00000000000

acc.holder.x.xxxxx

branch code.000000

savings

thanks xxxxxxxx

--------------------------------------

I edited out the numbers and names but thats it, all I got :confused:

mellowred    10
mellowred

I don't know this seller but here's my one cent worth.

The ratings are mainly for bad service and non communication. Either she just can't be bothered with client service or works full time and cant dedicate enough time to sorting out BoB.

Also, from complaints about delays on her part, I assume she does hold the goods in stock. If I'm correct this is against BoB rules. she is not verified so cannot be a drop shipper.

I'd tread warily - but you have to trust your instinct - always listen to the little voice.

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

Hmmm, I sent a mail to Morne (communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za) who basically just forwarded it to the seller with me as a cc. So much for asking for their advise:mad:

If I wanted to accuse the seller I would have done that myself!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I see that this seller only joined in September 2009 and already has 7 negative ratings and a couple of neutrals. If you check her ratings, you will see that at least 2 of her buyers did not receive their goods. I would consider it risky doing business with someone who doesn't seem to have the items ready to send immediately payment is made! Good luck.:confused:

Morne b    10
Morne b

Hi

Please be advised that the reason the mail was forwarded to the seller was so they can reply to the questions asked. Also it is the responsibility of the buyer to look at the sellers ratings, compare the product prices before placing a bid on an item.

Regarding closing the auction earlier the seller is allowed to do this if they happy with the leading bid amount.

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

Morne, at the end of the mail I sent to you I said "please advise", in other words I wanted your expert advice on how to proceed. I think it is pretty obvious how the seller would answer this question.

If I knew you were just going to forward the message to the seller, I would have sent the mail directly to her. Now it looks like I am accusing her of being a crook.

Morne b    10
Morne b

Hi

With all due respect you have gone on to the forum which is a public forum posted your suspicions about the seller.

Our standard policy is to forward your query or complaint through to the seller for their response, only after receiving a response from the seller can we advise you on the way forward.

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

I just wanted to find out if anyone else had the same suspicions or has dealt with this seller before I paid the money over. I did say that I would honor my side of the agreement, I'm not trying to get out of this, I think I got the bargain of the year (almost too good to be true?) And yes, I did check the sellers ratings and I did read her terms and I'm prepared to wait a bit longer if I actually get what I pay for in the end.

Vegar    10
Vegar

I agree that there is something not quiet right - why 10 - 15 days for shipping? From the moment payment clears the seller should ship within 24 hours. Post arrives within 3-6 days.

Seems like their average shipping time is 3 weeks - reeks of drop shipping. Furthermore, the pictures are professional adverts - not the actual picture of the item - perhaps they do not have more pictures because they do not have the product?

But wait !!! they sold 376 items this month - it will be interesting to see how they keep up with shipping. I can see a couple of job openings as packers there!

This is a link to a listing which displays an actual real item YOU MUST SEE THIS TO UNDERSTAND WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH !!!!

Small Appliances - gas braaier for sale in Heidelberg

Oh my ...:o

mellowred    10
mellowred

They have sold a lot in the past 3 months. If this is an individual it perhaps explains (does not excuse tho) the lack of service.

I didn't link the seller to the "gas" braai ad. Wonder if you get danger pay for working as a packer? ;)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Perhaps a donkey cart could be put into action to provide work for someone unemployed to take parcels to the Post Office? lol

;)

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

Well I paid the money over on Monday evening, now just being patient and hoping that the correct item arrives sometime this year :)

shaun bownes    10
shaun bownes

I have worked with the seller quite a couple times now and she is always more than willing AND keen to help,and goes out of her way to make sure every client is satisfied..Its the firts time i see sombody complain about the market value wich was described wrong..THE VALUE WAS MUCH MORE THAN DESCRIBED...And then stil won it at a fraction of the described market price..

And as far as i can see everybody has gotten there items wich they have paid for even if it took 10 to 15 days ,wich is stated in her adds..

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

Dude, I think you're missing the whole point here. Please enlighten me as to when I "complained" about the market value. :confused: Did you read anything that was said here or just skim through it all and draw your own assumptions?

qball    10
qball

Settle down folks... don't argue with the poster, argue the post...

Thank you

Cuan

gadgets_gems    10
gadgets_gems

I've also worked with this lady and yes she does take quite long sometimes. I've even asked her the same questions you are asking - and this is my take on it:

She has a family, which limits the time she can spend on BidOrBuy doings.

She does this all on her own, right down from fetching the items from the depot, packaging it and sending it off. Via a courier.

She lacks understanding of some of the technical details on some of the items, which she admits.

In my case she basically upgraded the item I won because she made a mistake in the listing.

So in short - yes she has a lot to learn, she has only been with us for a while. I trust her, she has really met me more than halfway. Although she is still very reactive, she will get there with some support from the people that have actually dealt with her. I'm actually going to help her to improve the quality of the listings, etc.

Please try to give her positive inputs also, else she really won't know what to do better.

trader JE    10
trader JE

If sellers are dodge,not verified and dont allow collections,just dont buy from them.

There is always a reason why they dont want to give to much info.Seller selling high price items like that should at least get verified,unless they cant get verified.

GOLD FINGER    10
GOLD FINGER

The problem is that the ratings is already at 96% but 482 people still need to rate and who knows what the % will be then - think the account must be disabled until she gets all the paid items delivered.:rolleyes:

Vegar    10
Vegar

Gold finger take it easy, the seller in question has so far done nothing wrong. She is far from perfect - like the rest of us :) and there is absolutely no reason to disable her account.

There is a vast difference between someone whose service is lacking and someone who does not deliver ... so far nothing worse than slow shipping has come to light.

GOLD FINGER    10
GOLD FINGER
:D I'll wait and see how this fairytale ends then.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

What I dont like here is the number of negative ratings from new users with 2 to 5 ratings. Not a good advert for Bob

mellowred    10
mellowred

I see she doesn't have any listings right now. Looks to me like a situation that got out of hand. You need a lot of time to package and post that quantity of that type of stock. Pretty hard going on one person with a family and a "life". Hope that's all it is, and that she gets the sold items delivered.

Vegar    10
Vegar

Shooters got absolutely snowed under a mad Christmas rush!

The last 4 negatives are from a person who won 4 auctions for UNDER 1000 rand.

They got: An electric frying pan, a food marinator (what is that???), a warming tray and a 4 piece pack with a sandwich maker, egg boiler, a kettle AND a toaster.

They won on 24 October and yesterday they had reached the end of their tether and gave 4 negatives which made shooter's ratings do a sharp dip.

I am very puzzled by the low prices, but then I live in Cape Town and could not fill a trolley with food for that amount, not to speak about appliances!!

If I was that seller I would get a courier company in to deal with it and I would sit on the phone and reassure the 300 people still waiting ... no, I would employ 10 people to do the calls, supervise the packers ... no, hire a truck and deliver by myself after I have sorted the payments and printed out 300 addresses ... NO! I would go on holiday ... :o overwhelmed!!!