Sign in to follow this  
EWAAN Galleries

How Does Bid or Buy Rank Top Sellers?

EWAAN Galleries

Hi All

I always wondered how the top seller list works - as I noticed seller vertigo is 2nd on top the list for selling just 100 x Gandhi Silver Coins - How exactly does Bid or Buy determine who the top sellers are?

GROOVIE MOVIES

At first I would have thought about the value of goods sold, but a rough sum comes close to R20500 and that is small change compared to the gold items sold recently... 

Could it perhaps be the number of items sold? 100 items sold in one auction is a tall setting...

Regards Robert

Edited by GROOVIE MOVIES

Darth Penguin

R20500 over what time period?

EWAAN Galleries
9 hours ago, GROOVIE MOVIES said:

At first I would have thought about the value of goods sold, but a rough sum comes close to R20500 and that is small change compared to the gold items sold recently... 

Could it perhaps be the number of items sold? 100 items sold in one auction is a tall setting...

Regards Robert

Hi Robert

Which Gold items sold...? 

Am I missing them as can't seem to find any high value gold sales in the last 30 days...?

Edited by EWAAN Galleries

EWAAN Galleries
9 hours ago, Darth Penguin said:

The auction closed on 21st January 2018 -  so 18 Days ago....

How is it calculated? - My guess is according to the BOB success fees?

EWAAN Galleries

Where is everyone? Mourning at Paul Krugers grave perhaps? Or having tea at the Sammy Mark's Museum?

EWAAN Galleries

Is the Numismatic market collapsing?

GROOVIE MOVIES

I remember Randcoin mentioning an auction of his, where he sold a veldpond. So this auction of Ghandi silver rands that pulled in R20500 isn't the highest value auction that closed in the month of Jan.

My thinking is that 100 units were sold in a single auction and that's what pushed vertigo into 2nd place. That is my reasoning, but if you look at seller in first place, Coins 101, they haven't sold more than a 100 items in a single auction so perhaps the number of items as well as value of goods sold both plays a role in pushing the seller up the charts.

regards Robert

21 hours ago, Darth Penguin said:

Hi Darth

That was a rough calculation based on the 100 Silver Ghandis sold in one auction.

GROOVIE MOVIES

Sorry, I was referring to Rarenote, not Randnote

EWAAN Galleries
3 hours ago, GROOVIE MOVIES said:

Sorry, I was referring to Rarenote, not Randnote

There is no recorded sale on bid or buy - this post is about the top seller list for items sold on this site...

So 2nd top seller just sold 100 x Gandhi Silvers (at under SA Mint Launch Price) or value of R20 500....Interesting...

GROOVIE MOVIES

The coin market was depressed in January. I found myself in a similar situation last year, when I had to put up a few coins on auction, knowing full well it wasn't the right time to do so. 

It would have probably been more sensible to list fewer coins than to drop all 100 at R1 bid in a single auction. I feel the seller's pain in having to let them go for pennies, and proofs at that.

GROOVIE MOVIES

On a side note, maths clearly wasn't one my strengths on school. The precise figure is R21440 that those Ghandis fetched.

EWAAN Galleries
18 hours ago, GROOVIE MOVIES said:

On a side note, maths clearly wasn't one my strengths on school. The precise figure is R21440 that those Ghandis fetched.

Thanks for correcting. I didn't do the math just took your word on it. Still very low for top sellers? 

Darth Penguin

Down to #3 I see

EWAAN Galleries
3 hours ago, Darth Penguin said:

Down to #3 I see

Yeah but been on 2 for quite a while... 

Edited by EWAAN Galleries