Maverick

Email issues

Maverick

Hi All

I have been having lots of issues in the last few months with emails from BoB not coming through.

I started picking up that I was receiving notifications of payments but had not yet received the notification of the order being placed.

Since then it is happening a lot and I also only receive about 80% of all bid emails.

I would understand if I received nothing from BoB because then they may be blocked by my ISP, however I am not sure why I am only receiving some emails.

Anyone else with the same issue? I am with MWeb.

Darth Penguin

Are some of these emails maybe ending up your Spam folder?

Maverick

No, I have checked that and there has never been an email from BoB in the Junk folder.

Maverick

Any additional recommendations? I have also contacted my ISP and they have added the BoB email address to my white list so they will not block anything from BoB and there are still emails not coming through.

bellemodel

Most IPS' spam filters too more harm than good.

Maverick

Can I please get a response to this...

WCapeRecords

I've had the same problem for a few months now.

Maverick

Nobody seems interested in assisting.

admin

Hi Maverick   ,

Please try the following, by "whitelisting" the bidorbuy.co.za domain with MWEB.

Open the Mweb home page

Click on "My account"

A new window should open. Click on "Email"

Go down the list to "JUNKMAIL"

Below "JUNKMAIL" you will see a red square with "Edit" in white, click on it.

In the "Always Allow" block enter bidorbuy.co.za

That should stop MWEB from blocking any emails from bidorbuy.

Kind regards

Andries

p.s. I know you said they did it for you, just check yourself, just in case...

Maverick

This was done a while ago with Mweb......they told me that if the issue still persisted then it is a fault on Bid or Buy's side with sending out the emails.

MacMuffin

Hi all - sorry for the late response. We indeed have mail delivery issues with MWeb, where MWeb randomly seems to block some transactional mails. In case of @Maverick, he was supposed to receive 700 emails, but 49 were blocked. This is a clear misconfiguration on MWeb's part and in the past they have been unwilling to whitelist transactional mails. It is certainly not a fault on our part that MWeb randomly blocks an IP during the day where all emails transmitted are of transactional nature.

Looking at our email delivery reports, MWeb and Afrihost are the only two local providers who have refused to whitelist our transactional IP ranges (in the case of Afrihost, their mail-servers are misconfigured and their engineers have cancelled every ticket request I submitted).

As we have exhausted all options with those ISPs, our suggestion is to move to a reliable email provider (GMail) or have your own hosted email.

You are more than welcome to try and convince MWeb otherwise by forwarding the following email:

——
Could you please review your policy for bidorbuy's dedicated MTA range 196.11.31.226-196.11.31.254?

bidorbuy.co.za is a South African market place and when reviewing our mail delivery errors we noticed an increase in errors/transient issues to mail-recipients hosted with you.

We would appreciate it if you could whitelist the above range, since bidorbuy does not transmit unsolicited email to our users and all communication is based on a verified and confirmed opt-in by the user.

The majority of our communication with users are of transactional nature (purchase- & payment-notifications) and it is essential that such emails arrive reliably.

We host and manage our own email infrastructure using SPF, DK/DKIM and participate in feedback loops and verified sender programmes with all major providers (Yahoo, GMail, Live.com, Hotmail, AOL). 

We have the following dedicated IP-ranges (our own Afrinic range) for mail-transfer through our own mail-server (Port25):
196.11.31.226 - 196.11.31.227: System mails to bidorbuy internal staff (mostly alerting/monitoring
196.11.31.228 - 196.11.31.229: bidorbuy support system (Kayako, self-hosted)
196.11.31.230 - 196.11.31.233: RESERVED for future use
196.11.31.234 - 196.11.31.236: bidorbuy.co.ke promotional mail (double-opt in confirmed mails only) 
196.11.31.237 - 196.11.31.238: bidorbuy.co.ke transactional mail
196.11.31.239 - 196.11.31.246: bidorbuy.co.za promotional mail (double-opt in confirmed mails only)
196.11.31.247 - 196.11.31.253: bidorbuy.co.za transactional mail

I would appreciate it if you could white-list the above IP range.

I thank you for your assistance in resolving this matter / forwarding this request to the relevant area within your company. For any further clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the contact details in my signature.

——