AuldLaingSyn3

Non Payment

AuldLaingSyn3

I would like to make a suggestion !

Bid or buy rules and regulations in my opinion tends to be biased and favour the buyers 

My suggestion would be that buyers that have unpaid sales are not able to bid until previous purchases have been paid for 

This would ensure that more sales are concluded and help protect the sellers from repeat offending non paying customers

As we are all aware , there is a lot of time and effort involved in listing , researching etc and is exceptionally frustrating when all the time and effort is for naught

Some of us on this platform rely on our sales as a sole source of income 

It is time to protect the sellers

Serthentia Sales

AGREED!!! Sellers are penalised for the smallest things, yet buyer's are allowed to run pampage on sellers listings, bidding and then not bothering to pay or even reply to emails. And the premium listing fees down the drain with BoiB saying "no refund because you got your exposure that you paid for". Yet they refuse to implement proper strategies to ensure that the buyers do not keep bidding and then choosing afterwards whicvh items they want to pay for.

The sellers are the ones responsible for BoB's income, we pay your salaries, and yet we do not get proper protection against buyers who play games with our money.

Interesting to see what reply BoB will have about this? And if anything will EVER be done about it.

admin

Hi All,

The Consumer Protection Act allows buyers to change their mind about buying an item and we have to adhere to the ACT.  Action can only, and is, taken should they abuse this. Also sometimes something happens in a buyers life that makes it financially impossible for them to conclude the purchase, unforeseen circumstances, death in the family, etc. This all has to be taken into consideration. This is an article in the Help files from 2012, and you will find more like this in the Help files where buyers are made aware of the consequences should they not pay for their purchase .

https://support.bidorbuy.co.za/Knowledgebase/Article/View/170/0/cancelling-orders-purchases-or-transactions

11 hours ago, Serthentia Sales said:

The sellers are the ones responsible for BoB's income, we pay your salaries, and yet we do not get proper protection against buyers who play games with our money.

Without sellers there will be no buyers and without buyers there will be no sellers, so we all need each other. The one is not more important than the other. 

Kind regards

Andries

Serthentia Sales

Hi Andries.

I agree with the cancellations regarding BUY NOW items. However, the huge problem is the AUCTIONS where buyers bid and do not pay. The ACT gives no such right to buyers regarding auctions.

If one is not more important than the other, why is it that sellers do not get the same type of protection that buyers get? The "non-fulfillment warnings" are absolutrely meaningless as nothing goes further than that. Buyers can get 100s of these "warnings" without consequence. There should be an automatic system in place that will ban a buyer if he has X number of warnings or his ratings drop below say 80% positive.The current system where the buyer is allowed to run rampage on sellers auctions until a seller spots it and reports the buyer, is not effective. It should be automated. By the time the buyer (or non-buyer in these cases) is spotted and reported, and BoB takes action, these time wasters have already cost sellers alot of money in listing fees and time

Ebay has a system in place for new members, where they have to prove themselves as buyers. On auctioned items, if the buyer has lets say 5 unpaid auctions, they cannot bid on further auctions until those items have been paid for. It would not be difficult to implement a similar system on BoB. That would at least allow some protection from these buyers who join, bid on 50 items in the R1 auctions, and then pick and choose which items they actually want after the auction, wasting the time and money of the others .Is there any valid reason that such a system cannot be implemented by BoB???? It has proven effective on eBay.

Granted, it will not stop the practice of bidding and not paying, but it will at least limit it.

Another useful tool would be when a buyer places a bid, a prompt can come up telling the buyer to make sure they have read both the listing and the shipping details, as it seems many buyers are not capable of reading the details by themselves and need to be told to do so.

Your opinion  on those  suggestions???

Serthentia Sales

Any response to my above suggestions Andries?

admin

Hi Serthentia Sales,

Apologies for not replying sooner. I am a bit  "tied up" and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Andries

Serthentia Sales

Okay thanks. Awaiting your feedback on my suggestions. I do not see any reason why they could not/should not be implemented. It will at least limit the abuse by (especially new) buyers and offer a bit of protection to sellers

johan

When buyers do not conclude transactions it is always frustrating and as a marketplace this is something that we all want to avoid. 

We do look at buyers who default on transactions consistently and we do take action against those accounts. Your comparisons to eBay processes are things to look into though it would mean a fundamental shift in some of the processes on the site for example this would have to result in the removal of all payment methods that are not managed by bidorbuy for a start. Something like this would be a massive change in both the system and the community. 

We are looking into ways to enhance trade and we thank you for your suggestions and we will implement ideas that we feel make sense to the overall business,  bidorbuy community and resources at our disposal. 

Regards,

Johan

Serthentia Sales

Hi Johan.

Thank you for your response and commitment to doing something to minimise these non-payments which are so very frequent. Something needs to be done to minim=ise it as we are paying alot of money to Bid or Buy in listing fees and that money is just wasted due to non-payment.

The fact that you have forced all sellers to accept bobPay and bob bucks, I am quite certain that 98% of transactions are already processed by the payment methods which are managed by BoB, so I do not think it would be such a huge change.

Further, I believe the idea of having a popup telling the buyer to make sure they have read the listing and shipping charges before bidding is an absolute must. Many buyers are just not capable of doing so without being told to do it. Also, the popup should indicate that auctioned items are binding and cannot be cancelled after the auction has closed. The buyer would then have to click a box stating that they agree. That would ensure most buyers have read the terms and know that they cannot cancel the order after the auction has closed, as the majority have never read the user agreement.