Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Vanishing Questions & Answers....

voldermort

Just started listing again after a few months & much has changed.....namely the questions & answers. I cannot find where on my ad to respond to a question (can you still do this) but then saw the same question somewhere else & I did reply & now just like magic - both the question & answer have disappeared :(  please tell me where to find my answer? 

admin

Hi Sammy,

Welcome back. The questions will be under your selling tab, in the middle block. On the item the questions are right at the bottom, right below the "buy now" tab in your listing. there is an arrow that you have to click on to expand the question and answer. All questions are now private between the seller and buyer, no one else can see them, except for bidorbuy personnel.

Kind regards

Andries

voldermort

Ah ok, I just found the arrow....is that what I would click on too for replying? Hope you & the family are all well. I believe Wayne & Ruthie are sheltering from the hurricane :D  & the dribs of it are about to come on over here to the UK any day now :D  

admin

That would be it. Those two have gone quiet long before the hurricane, not sure if they were trumped or something :P Same old same old with me...

voldermort

Ok excellent :-)   Either they found a great wall in front of them or your new police uniform scared them away :D  

Little Miss Muffet
On 9/1/2017 at 7:09 PM, admin said:

There is an arrow that you have to click on to expand the question and answer. All questions are now private between the seller and buyer, no one else can see them, except for bidorbuy personnel.

Why does Bidorbuy make changes that causes difficulties.Answers to questions are not being seen because users do not realoze this arrow has to be used to open questions and answers.9_9

Little Miss Muffet

Why does Bidorbuy make changes that causes difficulties.Answers to questions are not being seen because users do not realoze this arrow has to be used to open questions and answers.9_9

Please do something about the question and answer link.I have now being asked a question twice again.Buyers do not know how to use the system

Darth Penguin
On 11/25/2017 at 10:59 AM, Little Miss Muffet said:

Please do something about the question and answer link.I have now being asked a question twice again.Buyers do not know how to use the system

The Questions and Answers system caters for more than one "conversation" per item on the site. A buyer only ever sees one (between him and the seller) which is also displayed on the item page and the conversation is auto-expanded for them. We have seen a month to month increase in messages being sent and processed 17% more messages in October than we did in June and projecting about 19% more than June this month. So by the look of it the system is performing well especially for buyers.

Sellers have it a bit more difficult because they can see multiple conversations per item and we needed to find a way to show it all on the screen to you guys. On the right-hand side, there is a down arrow/chevron which you can click to expand the conversation, but because not everyone understood how it worked we made a fix so that most of the question's preview block is clickable (you'll notice it changes to a hand) to try make it easier.

If you guys have a better suggestion for us to make this easier please drop us a message in the suggestion box :)

Little Miss Muffet

It does not look any different to me or maybe I need a question to show the difference.

Darth Penguin
18 hours ago, Little Miss Muffet said:

It does not look any different to me or maybe I need a question to show the difference.

I sent you a message and under your selling page when you go to unanswered questions you'll see this:

5a1d2e2a356b7_ScreenShot2017-11-28at11_35_31.thumb.png.0e5ec29c0bdaddc0eade0167b73e2b13.png

If somebody else was to send you a message on the same item the "preview bar" which shows my name, last message and the date would be repeated with the other person's question's details. If this is a very popular item you may end up with 20+ of these messages so auto-expanding them for you as a seller is not viable.

You'll notice on the far right there is a down arrow/chevron that you can click on to expand the conversation. After the latest change we made you'll notice that when you move your mouse over the preview bar (from where the message starts to the far right) your mouse cursor will change into a hand. That whole area is now clickable and will expand the conversation for you.

Your concern that buyer's do not know how to use this shouldn't worry you too much because this is what they see on the item's page:

5a1d2fc5e1091_ScreenShot2017-11-28at11_34_59.thumb.png.9ad8a7c7fc095212b911693ac9f424db.png

Furthermore, the links in the emails will point to a page like this https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/question/Questions.jsp?tradeId=314615344 and they'll be able to see the whole conversation there.

I hope this explains it a bit better?

Little Miss Muffet

Does the buyer see the answer before having to click on the arrow?

Darth Penguin

Yes, except on the question page accessed through "My bidorbuy". On the item page and the links from the notification emails they do not need to click on it.