Nemus

Birthday Celebration Sale

Nemus    0
Nemus

Hi team

There must be a better way to celebrate your birthday. I understand the theory behind your R18 specials, however 1 person gets to buy it, and it is most likely one of the bulk seller/buyers employing a person to buy any and everything they see.

What about us normal consumers?

Regards,

Clinton

PumiX    11
PumiX

Hi Nemus

Thank you for your post.

The items have been bought by different people. 

This includes new users and regular buyers and sellers. 

We have shipped a few items today.

Keep refreshing the page :10_wink: Got until 27 August.

mahierd    1
mahierd

Hi there

Just my experience. It is almost impossible to buy anything at R18. I have caught a number of items while they were open, by refreshing the main deal of the day page almost every second or so but the moment I hit the Buy button, someone else already purchased the item. You have to be beyond fast to catch anything before anyone else, I mean i was quite fast!

Regards

• Like 1

desperado4u    0
desperado4u

Hi Team,

I keep refreshing the page and find no R18 sale. All I get to see is sold out. How does the R18 celebration work. Wouldn't it have been a bit better for most users to have a share of this R18 celebration than limiting it to a few?

PumiX    11
PumiX

The R18 deals are released throughout the day, every day this week, on our Deal of the Week page (http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/category/11411/Deal_of_the_Week.jsp). The deals are strictly on the first-come-first serve basis. 

Keep visiting and refreshing our Deal of the Week page for a chance to snatch your own R18 deal. To be able to claim your deal quickly, you need to be registered on bidorbuy. 

You may also want to visit bidorbuy pages on Facebook and Twitter. There is a competition on both platforms with bobBucks vouchers as the prize.

Another thing to keep in mind is that these deals are for single items, not more than one like the usual deal of the week promotion.

pieterwiese    12
pieterwiese

For me it is a waste of time to even try getting one of the R18 deals. They are always sold out and it must be a few people who sit at home refreshing the page the whole day. I work and although I buy a lot from Bid or Buy, this initiative is just makes me frustrated at not having any chance to pick up a bargain.

pieterwiese    12
pieterwiese

I understand what you are saying, the point I am trying to make is that I agree with desperado4u. It would have been nice if more people could have benefited from your Birthday, rather than the few people who has the time to sit on the site the whole day and refresh every 10 minutes. Still a fan, just not such a big fan of this promotion. Keep them coming!

• Like 1

pieterwiese    12
pieterwiese

I took up the challenge. I spent 45 minutes refreshing as much as my mouse allowed me and all I ever saw was items that were sold. I now have very serious doubts as to the legitimacy of this “Birthday Promotion” I do however believe the site is getting more hits than any other in the world!! :D:P

• Like 1

TerPet3496    0
TerPet3496

I am SO frustrated.. refreshing ALL the time, and as soon as I see the R18 special, I click....... SOLD OUT -_- not cool!

pieterwiese    12
pieterwiese

My opinion, the whole thing is suspect...

pieterwiese    12
pieterwiese

If you really think about it. A R4500 gas braai for R18? etc, etc...

pieterwiese    12
pieterwiese

Ok, so I have to eat my hat. Actually managed to find and buy a birthday R18 item. Apologies BidOrBuy Team...:$

Darth Penguin    0
Darth Penguin
47 minutes ago, pieterwiese said:

Ok, so I have to eat my hat. Actually managed to find and buy a birthday R18 item. Apologies BidOrBuy Team...:$

Your hat sacrifice is accepted -_-