SECURITY AND MORE

Sellers may only rate buyers on ...[Not fair !!]

SECURITY AND MORE

To all sellers out there...

I think we need to let Bid or Buy know that the rating policy needs to change...

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/help/443/Rating_Rules

Bid or Buy removed a rating I gave to a buyer after the buyer had rated me neutral and I replied with a neutral.

The buyer was sent tracking details over the bob platform on the 16th May but, never saw the message and did not follow up with me until the 19th of June (Over a month later) only to discover her parcel was sent back to us as ''uncollected''

So I appealed to BOB to remove the buyers neutral rating as they can see from their side that I sent the tracking details on the 16th May and the buyer only started to inquire about the order on the 19th June.

Instead, Bid or Buy removed the rating I gave the buyer  and removed my option to rate !! They never removed the buyers rating so I asked, how am I to blame if the buyer did not go collect the package and it gets returned?

I also questioned how Bid or Buy allows buyers to say they did not get tracking details when, it is there for all to see on my messages with the buyer. No response.

I also questioned the criteria for rating saying that I am rating this buyer neutral because she failed to check the message and failed to follow up timeously but I was told by Ati that sellers may only rate on:

1.2.2. Seller’s ratings to buyers may only include commenting on whether:

1.2.2.1. payment for the transaction was made in full.

1.2.2.2. payment for the transaction was made within a 7 day period from placing the order.

1.2.2.3. the buyer provided correct information to facilitate delivery.

Now I don't think this is fair at all. So buyers can pay on time but do and say anything they want to after paying on time and you as a seller have to sit back, shut up and eat the negative rating !

Sellers- Your thoughts please. Who believes that Sellers should be allowed to rate on the above??

Pierre_Henri

I agree - the rules make no sense

Say a buyer buys a silver coin from you and pay you within 7 days and provided you with the correct information to facilitate delivery. 

He receives the coin but rates you negative because it is not a gold coin

What now BidorBuy?

What does you rules say about this example if you as a seller wishes to rate the buyer negatively?

Little Miss Muffet

I think it is best not to change a buyers rating from positive to neutral because he gave a neutral.

2 wrongs do not make a right

Rather leave the buyer's rating rating and appeal your rating.

mrmouse

I think it's fair ,once the buyer has paid ,the seller should be obliged to only rate positive ,if the seller can't be bothered to send item off timeous and as specified ,I will rate poorly ,if the item isn't correct or as specified I will rate poorly ,some sellers on bob think that they are king ,times are changing you're customers now want and demand good service ,they are paying for it .if the seller has upheld his part of the bargain and not shafted the buyer he also only deserves a good rating ,I recently bought a white gold ring ,instead I got two gold rings ,I rated good ,the seller tried to accommodate me ,I accepted that.its not all ways clear cut though

mrmouse
On 7/17/2017 at 10:13 AM, SECURITY AND MORE said:

To all sellers out there...

I think we need to let Bid or Buy know that the rating policy needs to change...

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/help/443/Rating_Rules

Bid or Buy removed a rating I gave to a buyer after the buyer had rated me neutral and I replied with a neutral.

The buyer was sent tracking details over the bob platform on the 16th May but, never saw the message and did not follow up with me until the 19th of June (Over a month later) only to discover her parcel was sent back to us as ''uncollected''

So I appealed to BOB to remove the buyers neutral rating as they can see from their side that I sent the tracking details on the 16th May and the buyer only started to inquire about the order on the 19th June.

Instead, Bid or Buy removed the rating I gave the buyer  and removed my option to rate !! They never removed the buyers rating so I asked, how am I to blame if the buyer did not go collect the package and it gets returned?

I also questioned how Bid or Buy allows buyers to say they did not get tracking details when, it is there for all to see on my messages with the buyer. No response.

I also questioned the criteria for rating saying that I am rating this buyer neutral because she failed to check the message and failed to follow up timeously but I was told by Ati that sellers may only rate on:

1.2.2. Seller’s ratings to buyers may only include commenting on whether:

1.2.2.1. payment for the transaction was made in full.

1.2.2.2. payment for the transaction was made within a 7 day period from placing the order.

1.2.2.3. the buyer provided correct information to facilitate delivery.

Now I don't think this is fair at all. So buyers can pay on time but do and say anything they want to after paying on time and you as a seller have to sit back, shut up and eat the negative rating !

Sellers- Your thoughts please. Who believes that Sellers should be allowed to rate on the above??

If youre using the BOB platform on the Mobile App . you dont get the notifications on the app only on youre email . I use GMail for BoB and dont get half of the notifications .