HookedOnTrains

E-mail format

HookedOnTrains

I have noticed that the e-mail's format has changed (recently?).

The problem with the new format is that some parts are totally un-readable - I have attached a sample image.
All the other e-mails I receive are perfect (and I receive a substantial amount of e-mails each day) - it's only BidOrBuy's e-mails that look like this.
(Using Microsoft Outlook)

BidOrBuy.jpg.594b679fbbe64731b9b5e561ae257c82.jpg

Seeds and All

Another issue is that the buyers email addresses are missing from the Payment Confirmation emails. We search on the buyer's email address when processing sales. Please could you look at this issue too.

MacMuffin
6 hours ago, HookedOnTrains said:

I have noticed that the e-mail's format has changed (recently?).

The problem with the new format is that some parts are totally un-readable - I have attached a sample image.

I have escalated with our guys. Can you confirm which version of Outlook you are using and if all emails look like the image you provided or only some (if only some, could you just provide the email-subject text so that we can investigate).

Some users have reported issues on Outlook 2003 (support has ended in 2014) and we can not accommodate older / end-of-life email clients. If this applies to you, we suggest to upgrade Outlook to a more recent version.

MacMuffin
5 hours ago, Seeds and All said:

Another issue is that the buyers email addresses are missing from the Payment Confirmation emails. We search on the buyer's email address when processing sales. Please could you look at this issue too.

Why would you need the buyer's email if the seller's payment confirmation emails have links to the buyer as well as to the order. The emails also have a subject such as "Credit card payment received for order ###### on bidorbuy" for the cases where some sellers print those emails out for picking/packing.

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi

With the new format, I have noticed that the seller's "product code" is no longer shown on the order email received. To get this number, the seller must now click on each and every item in the order to get the code, or view the order on BoB itself. Frustrating...

Is it possible to include this code in the order again?

Thank you.

Seeds and All
On 6/6/2017 at 1:48 PM, MacMuffin said:

Why would you need the buyer's email if the seller's payment confirmation emails have links to the buyer as well as to the order. The emails also have a subject such as "Credit card payment received for order ###### on bidorbuy" for the cases where some sellers print those emails out for picking/packing.

Thank you for your reply. I am aware that I can search by the other criteria. The buyer's email address is an unique search term. All other emails regarding a sale has the buyers email address. The buyer himself may also email you with delivery instructions. When processing orders, we could easily search our inbox for the buyers email address to gather ALL relevant info. Currently the payment confirmation email is excluded from that search.