Sign in to follow this  
Whitewolf

Possible age of Vintage doll

Whitewolf

Trying to find the age of this doll i got.It got a music box in the back of the doll, which can be wind up with a key. The head, arms and legs are hard rubber and the rest of the body are made of material. No hair on the head. Hair is also featured in the rubber mould. The glass eyes open and close, and it seems that the eyes are following you.

Little Miss Muffet
Trying to find the age of this doll i got.It got a music box in the back of the doll, which can be wind up with a key. The head, arms and legs are hard rubber and the rest of the body are made of material. No hair on the head. Hair is also featured in the rubber mould. The glass eyes open and close, and it seems that the eyes are following you.

Anxious to see photo--wind up sounds nice

Whitewolf

Anyone with knowledge of vintage dolls

I have searched the internet a bit and have found one similar doll but it didnt state the age. Herewith some picture if anyone can take a look and give their comment about its age. I have taken the clothes of to give you a better idea of the doll.

IMG_3132.jpg.738791e50516990064b79fb5b8c9e02a.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg.9c3d4cbc738e78a705731b5889cd49d7.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg.7def4a782db791f482bcc474190ac034.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg.1bdd670c022db9aab651570db154a385.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg.172f563c6bc8897c6fff024ff8420632.jpg

lilythepink

I guess that she's from the late 1950's to early 1960's. (Am old enough to remember that I had a similar doll!!) Am interested to know what geewhizz thinks because she's the "fundi" with these things! :P

Little Miss Muffet

I think this may be made by Ideal toy company. Their 50's dolls often had moulded kiss curls in the hair or waves etc.

Most dolls do have the toy company name on the back even if it is an initial.

However moulds were often used by other toy makers--borrowed legitimately and name not used. Thr Roddy and pedigree made this moulded type hair as well.

Whitewolf

Ae Vintage Doll

Hi i have found the imprint on the neck as you have suggested and i have found the letters AE printed in the neck. I think that the moulds must have been used in the 50/60 by a south african company because the song on the music box in the back of the doll is "Jan Pierewiet". So it must have been manufactured in south africa. I have tried a search online but couldnt find much. It seems if any dolls of this kind are left, they havent been listed online.:eek:

lilythepink

That is absolutely fascinating - a doll singing "Jan Pierewiet". Are you going to keep it or put it on auction - what does geewhizz think about it?

Little Miss Muffet
Hi i have found the imprint on the neck as you have suggested and i have found the letters AE printed in the neck. I think that the moulds must have been used in the 50/60 by a south african company because the song on the music box in the back of the doll is "Jan Pierewiet". So it must have been manufactured in south africa. I have tried a search online but couldnt find much. It seems if any dolls of this kind are left, they havent been listed online.:eek:

Well! I guess Jan Pierewiet adds to its value---a little bit of Africana--pity you cant add a video it would sell quicker at that price

lilythepink
Well! I guess Jan Pierewiet adds to its value---a little bit of Africana--pity you cant add a video it would sell quicker at that price

Will be interesting to see if it sells at that price - personally, I think it's on the high side. But good luck.