sik liquidation centre

Excessive shipping fees?

sik liquidation centre

This question relates to all of this sellers items:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/279344304/247_KWC_FULL_METAL_SLIDE_FULL_WEIGHT_4_5_CAL_395FPS_R1895_00.html

The seller's shipping options make no sense. I wish to buy multiple items, however the shipping fees aren't justified. The 1st item shipping  costs R170, however he 2nd item costs almost double that to be shipped. How is it possible? That meant R520 shipping for 2 items, which the couriers charges less than half that. I have no problem paying for add on shipping for additional items, however inflating shipping on secondary items to almost double that of the first makes no sense. I suspect it is in order for buyers not to buy more than one of each item. Or to pay bidorbuy less commission, since the seller must be profiting more on shipping . I need some advice on this matter since my understanding was that sellers should not use the shipping option for profiting ? By selling an item for cheap and charge a huge amount in shipping, the seller would be paying bidorbuy almost no commission , whilst making big money on shipping. This in my view chases away many buyers .

Regards

• Like 1

admin

Hi sikindustrial,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This will be attended to during office hours tomorrow.

Kind regards

Andries 

sik liquidation centre

Seller's comments clearly shows that he doesn't wish to sell more than 1 per buyer. see comment:

"SO THE SECONDARY PRICING IS THERE TO DEMOTIVATE ANYONE TAKING MORE THAN ONE UNIT"

mrmouse

seller made good by reducing shipping costs and adding second item at a minimal fee .Good One

Scharz1

Hello

i am new to bid or buy, I just need to know how much is the delivery around Jhb?

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Each seller states his/hers shipping charges on each listing,i suggest u read the shipping very carefully before u bid or buy any items as shipping charges varies hugely from seller to seller and from item to item.

neil

Adri M van Zyl

sellers make their money thru shipping. BERCO delivered to me twice this week. within 2 days, whereas Fastway is taking more than a week now to deliver my parcel. BoB should chat to a company like BERCO for a BoB deliverer and at a set rate give us, the buyer, the choice to use a seller or not, as it is really bull paying these excessive delivery fees and having to wait up to 1.5 weeks from gauteng to cape. postage would be faster.

windrider

There are plenty of sellers who make money through shipping. This is why the suggestion that fees need to include shipping terrifies so many. How else would they make money? I cannot speak for the entire site, but the jewellery offerings on Wednesdays and Fridays are flooded with cheap knock-offs that have such thin silver plating that wearing them for a couple of days reveals the other metals beneath. 

gold creek
On 6/8/2017 at 3:05 PM, Adri M van Zyl said:

sellers make their money thru shipping. BERCO delivered to me twice this week. within 2 days, whereas Fastway is taking more than a week now to deliver my parcel. BoB should chat to a company like BERCO for a BoB deliverer and at a set rate give us, the buyer, the choice to use a seller or not, as it is really bull paying these excessive delivery fees and having to wait up to 1.5 weeks from gauteng to cape. postage would be faster.

u are absolutely rite,i often have to cancel a coin buy due to RAM fees of R850????PAYING THESE FEES MAKE THE COIN BUY A BAD INVESTMENT,

does not help living in a small city,

outbid this!

BOB. Re:excessive courier fees 
Hello Madam/Sir 
"I'd love to accept some offers but currently I'm in a huge delima with different sellers    charging such amounts for minor items which  by the way for example can be most certainly placed in one envelope or parcel and feel it hard to continue purchasing through BOB in this respect as its become quite difficult to choose BOB as an obvious choice to trade without any prejudice in any way either by alarming myself or having to ask a seller to opt out of a bid or reject an offer due to shipping options suddenly becoming unavailable or seamlessly just disappearing off the check out option costing the buyers even more towards courier fees(irrespective of courier company)unless a company can step up to BOB either way...
...also is it even possible to save on these charges by combining offers(one/a seller)from different days in the same week atleast...
...once again thank you for your items which I so enjoy bidding and buying through your'll from a few good sellers..."

fonefan

I have ALWAYS had an issue with the crazy exorbitant shipping rates. In many cases where the seller is in the same area as I, why can't I just collect??? Many cite 'security' as a reason, but this is just hogwash. I have been selling on BoB for years and have always encouraged collection if possible. There has never been any 'security' issue. Especially if the ratings are good, what is there to worry about??? The underlying reason is that ALMOST every seller that does not allow collections, profits from the shipping. I know the prices of courier and in most cases (almost all) there is no extra charge for items going into the same package. Weight is minimal. Many of these sellers are full time active internet sellers and have accounts with the courier companies. They charge triple or more the rate they pay to the courier, to customers and then add for additional items. In almost all cases if the seller in also in JHB, it is will cost me a fraction of the price to collect. Also, I get to meet the seller and see the item. An honest seller should have nothing to hide.

In many cases, I accept the cost may be justified, but why do they not allow collections? I have bought furniture recently off BoB. The courier costs were around R300 to R500, when the seller in basically around the corner. I know because of past sales and also by their address on the shipment. It would have cost me less than R20 to collect the stuff with my car!!!! 

Why the ripoff!!!!!!!!

Power House
On 4/18/2017 at 8:34 PM, sik liquidation centre said:

This question relates to all of this sellers items:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/279344304/247_KWC_FULL_METAL_SLIDE_FULL_WEIGHT_4_5_CAL_395FPS_R1895_00.html

The seller's shipping options make no sense. I wish to buy multiple items, however the shipping fees aren't justified. The 1st item shipping  costs R170, however he 2nd item costs almost double that to be shipped. How is it possible? That meant R520 shipping for 2 items, which the couriers charges less than half that. I have no problem paying for add on shipping for additional items, however inflating shipping on secondary items to almost double that of the first makes no sense. I suspect it is in order for buyers not to buy more than one of each item. Or to pay bidorbuy less commission, since the seller must be profiting more on shipping . I need some advice on this matter since my understanding was that sellers should not use the shipping option for profiting ? By selling an item for cheap and charge a huge amount in shipping, the seller would be paying bidorbuy almost no commission , whilst making big money on shipping. This in my view chases away many buyers .

Regards

Jip you are so right,I myself am buying less and less from those sellers that charge exorbitant shipping fees.On more than once mentioned it to the seller and received the most arrogant answers,so ..NO SALE.

AstonBay123

This has been a huge problem for a long time now - excessive shipping fees are not justifiable any more. Aramex, Pargo, even SAPO offer reasonable and safe shipping options. InternetExpress is also very reasonable for courier fees. There ARE inexpensive options so if you think you are going to make money on the shipping after underpricing the item - get lost. I always check the shipping, and if you over-charge - well that is a sale lost. Sorry but you aren't going to profiteer off the shipping at my expense. 

Another thing that  is a huge NEVER going to buy from you red flag - is a snotty aggressive note on your items about negative feedback - here's a hint - you avoid negative feedback by giving good service. If you have to crap on potential buyers before they even came anywhere near you to avoid negative feedback - trust me - that is a huge red flag your service is bad.