Pierre_Henri

Superb news regarding the Griqua & Strachan & Co debate

Pierre_Henri
Posted (edited)

I see that someone (wink-wink) has responded to the Griqua debate on another coin forum regarding Ann Stewart’s research …

He states

That is the difference between my 30 years of research on the people and Stuart's very focused research on just the tokens. I have a very clear understanding of the environment at Griquatown at that time - where Stuart had no understanding of this.

He then says …

“The publisher of the catalogue advised me a couple of weeks ago by email that although he recognises the Griquatown tokens were a complete failure he would be speculating that a few might have circulated. I have no understanding of the outside forces that might have forced this concession by him but speculation is not fact. As a direct result of this speculation I have withdrawn my support of his coin catalogue.

I think most of South Africa’s numismatic fraternity broke into jubilation when hearing this news – now we all, at last, can support Morgan-the-Brave’s publications.

What a great day indeed for South African Numismatics …

Edited by Pierre_Henri

Cold Sea

I've noticed that the coinrsa site, although paid up until 2018, has been down for a while now. Hopefully this chapter has finally come to an end and an unbiased revamped site is in the making.

Edited by Cold Sea

Pierre_Henri

Hi Cold Sea, are you referring to www.coinsrsa.com?

Yes, it has been closed down 

No unbiased revamped site is in the making