Sign in to follow this  
Whitewolf

Vintage dolls

Whitewolf

Is there anyone who got knowledge about vintage dolls? I got a doll who belonged to my grand mother. It is still perfect. It got a music box in the back of the doll, which can be wind up with a key. The head, arms and legs are hard rubber and the rest of the body are made of material. No hair on the head. Hair is also featured in the rubber mould. The glass eyes open and close, and it seems that the eyes are following you. Lol needless to say that my kids although grownup are dead scared of the doll. I think it remind them of chuckie ;)

lilythepink

Is it possible to post a picture of the doll on this Forum? We'd be able to give a better opinion if we could see it.

Little Miss Muffet

A Photo would help but rubber only came out in the 60's and often the faces collapse on these dolls though not always notica.---Photo would helpble

Whitewolf

Vintage doll age?

If anyone can help with information on the possible age of this doll........ Thanks alot

IMG_3127.jpg.49c0be1a296a04e1350115a15d656df7.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg.0e005fe20c1b6e799c567bfcd75cb46e.jpg

Little Miss Muffet

She is lovely. Mid to late 50's and a name would help. Sometimes on back of neck.

R350-R400----if you have no joy then you can reduce it.

lilythepink

Thanks, geewhizz. I thought you'd agree with me about the mid 1950's onwards. You are a real honey the way you help all of us on the Forum.

Whitewolf

The doll which moved around the house

She is lovely. Mid to late 50's and a name would help. Sometimes on back of neck.

R350-R400----if you have no joy then you can reduce it.

Thanks alot. I did check the neck but couldnt see anything. Dont think i would like to sell her. She gave me alot of fun with my kids. Kids thought she was alive when they were smaller, and even now. According to them she moved around in the house and watched them. Truth is that i never knew where to put her and moved her from one place to another to prevent her from getting damage. She was gone for a while, and i have found her when we moved resently. They have hid her behind a wardrobe.:D