Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

FaceBook as a means of Selling Coins - is that an Option?

Pierre_Henri    13
Pierre_Henri

I have just scanned the BidorBuy Community forum - there are approx. 53 interest-related categories.

Guess how many had responses (posts) during 2017 in those categories?

Ten (10)

So in only 20% of the categories have anyone had anything to say during this year.

Why?

Facebook is ruling the roost --- with less and less people still supporting the "old" forums like those here.

That may be so, but when it comes to trading, I will simply never choose another platform than BidorBuy for selling coins (or any other items) -

There are many reasons for this - and I am happy to share that with anyone.

The forum might be dead - but as a business platform for selling - BidorBuy still rules.

Listing a Veldpond or Burgerspond on Facebook would be as daft as selling a Ferrari or Porsche on Gumtree - a dangerous and futile endeavor.

Pierre

republikein    10
republikein

Pierre, die dag toe BOB die Forum se formaat verander het na die lelike en gebruikersonvriendelike uitleg wat ons tans het, het die deelnemers - ek inkluis - oornag verdwyn. Dit is myns insiens BOB se skuld dat die Forum dood is. Die Forum was tot op daardie stadium baie leersaam en het perfek gewerk met baie onderwerpe en deelnemers. Die gebruikers het gekla en versoek dat die ou formaat teruggebring moes word, maar BOB wou nie instem daartoe nie. Verandering is nie altyd raadsaam nie. My opinie...

EWAAN Galleries    10
EWAAN Galleries
I have just scanned the BidorBuy Community forum - there are approx. 53 interest-related categories.

Guess how many had responses (posts) during 2017 in those categories?

Ten (10)

So in only 20% of the categories have anyone had anything to say during this year.

Why?

Facebook is ruling the roost --- with less and less people still supporting the "old" forums like those here.

That may be so, but when it comes to trading, I will simply never choose another platform than BidorBuy for selling coins (or any other items) -

There are many reasons for this - and I am happy to share that with anyone.

The forum might be dead - but as a business platform for selling - BidorBuy still rules.

Listing a Veldpond or Burgerspond on Facebook would be as daft as selling a Ferrari or Porsche on Gumtree - a dangerous and futile endeavor.

Pierre

Agreed :)

I still don't get how Facebook even works....

Bid Or Buy Rules For Online Auctions :)

Rare NotesCoins    10
Rare NotesCoins

Ill be honest about two things:

I don't read the Forum anymore , was asked to give my opinion. I use to learn allot. Now its boring.

I moved 50 % of our business to Facebook. I manage 3 coin related groups with other bidorbuy members. So much easier and quicker. Yes risk is always involved just like Bidorbuy.

jcriller    10
jcriller

Facebook is instant, post a comment/item and you have immediate reaction. You do get the people that try and take you for a ride but i think we do know the few good guys from the bad and that is why we do business with each other. Facebook also puts a "face" to the people you do business with, i have bought lots of coins from most people here on the forum but on facebook i can see who i am actually dealing with.Some of the facebook groups are also very active with not only sales but identifying coins and valuations.

Personally i still prefer BOB as its easier keeping track with auctions, you still receive warnings when you were outbid and its a more secure platform.