Sign in to follow this  
StormTrading

When will Bid or Buy make a easy tool to re-list certain items more quickly.

StormTrading

Its tiresome to go into each individual item and have to relist it after its 10 unit cycle, as I dont sell 1000's of items creating these files etc makes no sense to me.

Deonrick

problem with this, it Relists the picked items as a whole new auction. it does update the auction's relisting number. 

You will end up with duplicated auctions.

PuMi X

Hi Deonrick

When creating the original listing the relist option is available for when to relist and how many times the listing will relist.

image.png.69598b7cb41d89e88725946245310613.png

Duplicates would occur in the situation you create another listing of the item which recently closed.

A example would be item "X" closing today at 4pm and to relist tomorrow. At 6pm you decide to create the same listing that close which is item "Z". The next day you will have both item "X" and "Z" open. (duplicate).

Once item reaches its relisting time "maximum 10 times" than it would need to be relisted again manually.

Serthentia Sales
On 26/02/2018 at 11:49 AM, PumiX said:

Hi Deonrick

When creating the original listing the relist option is available for when to relist and how many times the listing will relist.

image.png.69598b7cb41d89e88725946245310613.png

Duplicates would occur in the situation you create another listing of the item which recently closed.

A example would be item "X" closing today at 4pm and to relist tomorrow. At 6pm you decide to create the same listing that close which is item "Z". The next day you will have both item "X" and "Z" open. (duplicate).

Once item reaches its relisting time "maximum 10 times" than it would need to be relisted again manually.

Hi Pumi.

Can you please explain the reasoning behind the "maximum 10 times" restriction on relisting? I cannot see any possible reason for that restriction. It would be no more difficult for you to allow 100 or 1000 relists. I cannot see any reason why you would have the restriction in place?

Also, a few ideas that I believe you should look into implementing. Ebay has a feature for BUY NOW items which are "Good until sold" which basically means the listing stays active until the listed quantity is sold. Now I do understand that you will not want to lose revenue on enhancements for a listing which might run for longer than a month before the quantity is sold and would normally be relisted after 30 days with an additional enhancement fee. Ways around this would be to charge an extra fee (maybe R50 extra) to list a "Good until sold" item and to also restrict the quantity per listing in those type of listings, maybe a maximum if 50 units for the listing so make sure someone does not just come along and list 10000 of the items and it will be running for years on end. I think this would get more people to pay enhancement fees as they will know if they list 50 items and pay premium enhancement fee, they do not need to worry that only a few sell before the item needs to be relisted and enhancements repaid again.The enhancement would be more beneficial as the seller will know it covers the full quantity listed until all are sold.

My second suggestion would be to create a tool for sellers similar to eBay's AUCTIVA tool. It has amazing functionality to assist sellers. Alternatvely, you could even contact Auctiva and possibly set up an partnership with them for the tool to be modified for usage on Bid or Buy in a similar way that it already links to eBay. I am sure they will be interested as it will be an additional revenue stream for them. Check out the tool at https://www.auctiva.com

Your thoughts on these ideas and if BoB might look into implementing them?

PuMi X

Good day Serthentia Sales

I have sent this to my Ops manager to have a look at and also pasted it on our suggestions topic below for Tech to check.

Serthentia Sales

Hi Pumi.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

However, you did not answe my initial question which was " Can you please explain the reasoning behind the "maximum 10 times" restriction on relisting? I cannot see any possible reason for that restriction. It would be no more difficult for you to allow 100 or 1000 relists. I cannot see any reason why you would have the restriction in place? "

All Music
54 minutes ago, Serthentia Sales said:

Hi Pumi.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

However, you did not answe my initial question which was " Can you please explain the reasoning behind the "maximum 10 times" restriction on relisting? I cannot see any possible reason for that restriction. It would be no more difficult for you to allow 100 or 1000 relists. I cannot see any reason why you would have the restriction in place? "

If you list items using a CSV file you can relist for any number of times of your choosing in the "Number of auto relists" field. The only issue with that is once you have uploaded it and later want to edit the listing from your seller page, having originally selected say 50 relistings, you will be prompted to fill in the number of relists again up to the maximum allowed of 10, as the edit option won't acknowledge the number of relists if it is more than 10.

Serthentia Sales

Yes but it is not really viable for everyone to use the CSV uploads. The issue here is that there is absolutely no reason to limit the relists via the BoB site to 10 times