Sign in to follow this  
Sydnaidoo

Selling disabled because I am abroad

Sydnaidoo

Hello All,

I have never sold on bid or buy but I have been registered as a seller for many months. Unfortunately, my right to sell was just revoked due to me being abroad. The operator (Phaffnique Petersen) informed me that the head of security (Razark Khan) instructed her to take away my right to sell because I am abroad and because I could not give them my proof of address and passport since I do not have my proof of address with me,

Why would they disable entrepreneurs and business men and woman from using the website to carry on business while they are abroad...

I believe that this is unnecessary and really discouraging for people who are boosting the economy by taking the risks associated with entrepreneurship.

It seems there isn't a manager that I can speak to about the situation and was only given the security department email address when I requested the details of the complaints departments. I really hope that something is done to help encourage economic activity in South Africa and not shut it down for no good reason.

johan

Dear Sydnaidoo.

I looked at the matter and there are a bit more to it.

Your account details have been linked to other accounts and we only allow one bidorbuy account per user. Further there are issues with regards to your logins and the activity on your account has triggered some security rules on our site so our security team will have to verify your details and get clarity on one or two issues before they would allow you to trade.

We also have a responsibility to the rest of the marketplace to facilitate safe trading for all users. Please furnish us with the requested details as soon as possible so that we can look to resolve the matter for you.

Regards,

Johan

Sydnaidoo

Hello Johan,

Thanks for looking into the matter.

In the past, I could not login to my account and so I opened another account using another email address as I was not aware that I could not have a second account. I contacted the staff and informed them about the issue and verified as a seller by providing all required documents. The account was active without issue when I contacted support today.

I use a VPN and so my IP address will not show my location. I recall this was the reason my account was disabled previously. As I am abroad I can't furnish you with the required documents again.

As I have already settled the matter about having a second account previously, I assume that logins from abroad are the only issues you have. I have only purchased once or twice about a year or two ago and have never sold so the activity shouldn't be an issue.

So, how many times must staff at Bid or Buy make it difficult/impossible to use its services?

Edited by Sydnaidoo